Page 104 of 719 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 10777

I live again, although I still feel pretty ragged. Having a day off from work did wonders for my cold, so I can at least catch up on my reading. Looks like we're about to leave, which is probably best in my situation, considering how useless Charco has ended up being in this situation.

I know it's a bit late, but the Blood Magic overview will be up this afternoon. Will perform the Ritual after.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I know it's a bit late, but the Blood Magic overview will be up this afternoon. Will perform the Ritual after.
    I'm smelling a reason for me to have Held talk to Ishtar, since she knows runes now, and Held knows runes, so runetalking must happen.

Held ain't about that blood magic life though. Outside of maybe theoretical pursuits.

Blood Magic: A Basic (VERY BASIC) Overview

Before the first Sages found themselves capable of bending the laws of reality through force of will and word, there existed Blood Magic.

Powerful, and ancient, the sanguineous rituals associated with Blood Magic have been used to great -- and oft time devastating -- effect since its appearance in the mortal realm, thanks in no small part to the prevalence of the medium by which the art is performed. Yet while there is much in the way of speculation; its true origins, and really, how it came to be discovered by those of a mortal bent are unknown. For this reason, and the fact that it is as dangerous as it is powerful: Blood Magic has remained fairly obscure, generally passed on orally from those well versed in its practice. A thing touched upon by an Ancient Sage in the following passage from his final writing, the Comependia Arcanum:

"It is impossible to speak with any authority, of an art in which, after successful completion of a rutiaul spell, the caster, or casters, has suffered total exsanguination." - Confusa, the Fool
    There are however, some things, and even one or two divergent 'strains' of Blood Magic that can be discussed. Take for example, the matter of the medium.

The Price

A large part of the foundation by which the art itself is build, blood (I mean obviously) serves as the conduit by which all sanguineous rituals are performed. How it was discovered that blood was the perfect energy medium no one can say for sure, but there is no denying the power it holds. That it is plentiful simply adds to the allure, as, most things living -- and a considerable amount of things not technically 'alive' -- are chock full of the stuff ... however. While most forms of Blood Magic build upon the foundation provided by the crimson medium, there are several factors that determine the efficacy of the spell itself. The most important of which, is the quality of blood.

No matter the type, the blood to be used in the rituals or spells, must be fresh. This is so that both the energy that is contained within the blood does not 'bleed' out, and so that the blood itself is not unduly influenced by other magical influences ... ensuring optimal efficacy, while also allowing for free reign to to craft a spell to perform whatever one wishes (magical energy from an outside source serving to subvert this process). This means that in addition to the inherent danger of exsanguination, there is the added danger that one might bleed out before the spell itself is completed, as fresh blood typicality requires an open and recent wound. This is referred to by many surviving practitioners as, "The Price"; and it is because of this cost that most who choose to walk the path of the Sanguinomancer tend to rely on a source of blood that is not, in fact, themselves. Part of this is simply because that mortal blood is limited in scope, and can be burned through fairly quickly if one is not careful, meaning that the type is important as well. Immortal blood is by far the best, or any type of blood that is innately magic. Second, is blood from a sufficiently powerful -- if mortal -- source, humanoid life clearly being more prevalent than immortals in the Universe, this is generally the recommended.. Least of the sources however is animal life, a thing that is perhaps more plentiful ... and yet requires nearly twice as much in quantity as the mortal life ... Though there is another, more important reason why choosing a willing -- or more typically unwilling -- sacrifice is preferred, namely that: in the same way that concrete cannot mixed without the addition of water, so to can Blood Magic not be performed without pain, and anguish.

And terrible comparison aside, this is a simple facet of the complicated art. There must be at least a modicum of suffering in order for the spell to work flawlessly, and this has existed as far back as can be remembered. Which means that, should one wish to cast a spell by means of Blood Magic that is leagues more than the spells one might cast otherwise it is suggested by the selfsame Sage that penned the previously mentioned entry in the Compendia Arcanum,

"... one must not offer just a sacrifice of blood, but of life itself." - Confusa, the Fool
    With the matter of The Price discussed, at least in basic ... we will next discuss divergent 'strains' of Blood Magic ...

(at a later date, surely)
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Welp, down to the pre-release draft for my new PC.

Go take a gander if any of you wish and tell me what ya think.

CoR will appreciate the name me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Welp, down to the pre-release draft for my new PC.

Go take a gander if any of you wish and tell me what ya think.

CoR will appreciate the name me thinks.
    Ah, I see...

Can confirm the double D, at least.

Arx Inosaan

for animal lovers who want to own their very own alien pet there are guide books out there. such as the Vog Encyclopedia, the Vog 101 guide book, the complete book Vogs, Vog lovers book , the Vog care guide, and the ultimate Zat book. the vog books will show person who wants to own one of the 400 different types of breed of Vog how to treat it, care for it and train it. these books will show a person what to do and what not to do with a Vog.

there's also the Zat book which shows you how to care for a zat but why would any person want to own a zat? Vogs are so much cooler. now the pros and cons of Vog and Zats.

Vog

Pros: they are friendly, loyal, their temperament is base on their owners overall mood. so if the owner is in a good mood than the Vog is in a good mood.

cons some breeds tend to drool a lot, some my have the tendency to howl , bark or both, their temperament is base on their owners overall mood. so if your a really nasty person you don't want to own a Vog. a Vog can stink up a place worse than a pile of rotten corpses . so it's very important that a vog is house train.

some Vog have the tendency to buried stuff . some Vog like to chew on things .

Zat

Pros: Zat won't chew or buried stuff, and their easy to take care for

cons: Zats are highly stubborn and are not easy to train. Zats stink up a place worse than a Vog does . some Zats might have a tendency to scratch random objects. Zats don't puke up normal hair balls. oh no they puke up acid hair balls this acid so strong that it will eat though just about any metal. we're talking Alien type acid. so if person wants to own a zat they better make sure they have good insurance.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

New power levels, Cleric?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    New power levels, Cleric?
    Never!

Bwhahahahahaha!

*Runs away before they can catch him and force him to do maths on new power levels*.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Never!

Bwhahahahahaha!

*Runs away before they can catch him and force him to do maths on new power levels*.
    Quick someone use instant transmission!

....anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Quick someone use instant transmission!

....anyone?
    He'll be back eventually.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Never!

Bwhahahahahaha!

Somebody stop him!

*crickets*
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Somebody stop him!

*crickets*
    I got this. *Throws calculator 4 feet*

......see...I had this awesome mental image of...

Retired Overlord

*Gives cute mother act*

*Already doesn't trust her*

So was that Auroc looking at Ishtar, or did she just draw the attention of some Void creatures ?

Arx Inosaan