Page 109 of 719 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She doesn't like men, either.
    This is fair.

Hooray for Shapeshifting.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    This is fair.

Hooray for Shapeshifting.
    It occurs to me that both Sarada and Parsley are both in lesbian relationships.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It occurs to me that both Sarada and Parsley are both in lesbian relationships.
    Hm, that's certainly a thing.

The apple doesn't fall far from the ... other apple.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

I'm interested in why he wants Parsley to stay enough to try and stop her.
    It's pretty simple. Chuan was already worried about stuff (more than usual) and then he realized Nevanlinna's gone for whatever reason. Combined with him being residually messed up from when Jack died, he figures that things aren't going in a very good direction. And so, while he's pretty neutral towards Parsley as a person, he feels that her strength's needed for the trials to come. If they all fight together, chances of any individual member biting the dust drops. Also it's spelled out pretty blatantly he's worried about the group failing to protect Earth, between the lines is that he cares enough about his friends' safety that he's willing to put his own ass into the fire to make sure that they don't lose.

After all, Parsley's a lot stronger than him and Meagan's already pulling healing duty. If he can convince her to stay, even if he was put out of play, it'd still be a net gain for the group in his view.

Now I'm really wanting to see what that final last ditch effort would be for Chuan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hm, that's certainly a thing.

The apple doesn't fall far from the ... other apple.
    In Sarada's case, the incident in the Meat Market soured her on men for life. She gave it a try with Jack, but that's why it didn't pan out. For Parsley, not really sure.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    It's pretty simple. Chuan was already worried about stuff (more than usual) and then he realized Nevanlinna's gone for whatever reason. Combined with him being residually messed up from when Jack died, he figures that things aren't going in a very good direction. And so, while he's pretty neutral towards Parsley as a person, he feels that her strength's needed for the trials to come. If they all fight together, chances of any individual member biting the dust drops. Also it's spelled out pretty blatantly he's worried about the group failing to protect Earth, between the lines is that he cares enough about his friends' safety that he's willing to put his own ass into the fire to make sure that they don't lose.

After all, Parsley's a lot stronger than him and Meagan's already pulling healing duty. If he can convince her to stay, even if he was put out of play, it'd still be a net gain for the group in his view.
    Hm, yeah, that makes sense. Smart of him to try and appeal to her battle lust, as that's the only way she's going to put off going back to Avoca for any length of time.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I think I broke Cleric.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Incredible Member

Hm, yeah, that makes sense. Smart of him to try and appeal to her battle lust, as that's the only way she's going to put off going back to Avoca for any length of time.
    Lucky him. He's entirely worried that he's doing the exact wrong thing to convince her, even though he's partially aware it's along the right track.

Now I'm really wanting to see what that final last ditch effort would be for Chuan.
    Oh, it's super risky and liable to fail because she could just straight up blast him and leave as a response. There could be no rebuttal to that.

Basically, his backup plan is straight up put it as a challenge. Who can get more kills on the enemies to come? He'd point to Sarada, say that as the Queen she can make it legally binding. If he loses, his life is forfeit, Parsley can do whatever with it. If Parsley loses, she has to go back to Vocado and publicly proclaim that Chuan is stronger than her.

Chuan really wants to avoid that scenario, because 1) He's pretty sure that he'd get killed and 2) He also would feel really shitty about it because he doesn't hate Parsley, the challenge itself is an insult and as unlikely as it is, if he won then he'd hurt her pride even more.

*Ochazuke leaves to check on Capital City*
    *Group starts breaking up*
    *New PCs gearing up to jump from Discussion into the campaign*

I swear I'm not trying to isolate my character from the plot at large, but god damn lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    In that case, he needs to find something to protect. I think he'd make a good protector.

Or maybe become the GoD of Luck.
    ...the God of Destruction of Luck would be a rather appropriate title for Jack at this moment.

In Sarada's case, the incident in the Meat Market soured her on men for life. She gave it a try with Jack, but that's why it didn't pan out. For Parsley, not really sure.
    Among other reasons, like the lack of reciprocation.

I have to admit it's a little odd that they haven't so much as exchanged a single word - especially since Jack literally died to save Sarada's life in spite of everything - although I suppose that may be a timing issue.

Just scraps from the peanut gallery here though, pay me no mind.

Incredible Member

Anyways, I'll post in the morning. Got to get some sleep, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    *Ochazuke leaves to check on Capital City*
    *Group starts breaking up*
    *New PCs gearing up to jump from Discussion into the campaign*

I swear I'm not trying to isolate my character from the plot at large, but god damn lol

...the God of Destruction of Luck would be a rather appropriate title for Jack at this moment.

Among other reasons, like the lack of reciprocation.

I have to admit it's a little odd that they haven't so much as exchanged a single word - especially since Jack literally died to save Sarada's life in spite of everything - although I suppose that may be a timing issue.

Just scraps from the peanut gallery here though, pay me no mind.
    That was more timing. She intended on finding him, but then the next day arrived, so that got shelved. Better go rectify that ASAP.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Lucky him. He's entirely worried that he's doing the exact wrong thing to convince her, even though he's partially aware it's along the right track.
    Oh, he's on the right track. If there's one thing that can convince a Saiyan to do something they otherwise wouldn't, it's appealing to their pride/battle lust.

Oh, it's super risky and liable to fail because she could just straight up blast him and leave as a response. There could be no rebuttal to that.

Basically, his backup plan is straight up put it as a challenge. Who can get more kills on the enemies to come? He'd point to Sarada, say that as the Queen she can make it legally binding. If he loses, his life is forfeit, Parsley can do whatever with it. If Parsley loses, she has to go back to Vocado and publicly proclaim that Chuan is stronger than her.

Chuan really wants to avoid that scenario, because 1) He's pretty sure that he'd get killed and 2) He also would feel really shitty about it because he doesn't hate Parsley, the challenge itself is an insult and as unlikely as it is, if he won then he'd hurt her pride even more.
    Ah. That would... blow up in his face. Possibly literally. I'd like to say Parsley would spare him as her character will have softened by that point, but I can't say for certain.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

You've got the universes switched around, Falcon.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

You've got the universes switched around, Falcon.
    Imma sleepy...

Incredible Member

Oh, he's on the right track. If there's one thing that can convince a Saiyan to do something they otherwise wouldn't, it's appealing to their pride/battle lust.

Ah. That would... blow up in his face. Possibly literally. I'd like to say Parsley would spare him as her character will have softened by that point, but I can't say for certain.
    Guess he was right on the money. And yeah, that's also why it's a very bad idea. Pure desperation never leads anywhere good.