Page 126 of 719 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 10777
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the plan is to give Anula a set of faulty plans that would, upon realization, blow up in her face?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the plan is to give Anula a set of faulty plans that would, upon realization, blow up in her face?
    Threshling Enigneer A: I don't get it....this is the fouth time we followed the plans to the letter and it STILL exploded. What does the stolen plans say?

Threshling Engineer B: It says we need to check for an ID-10T error.

Threshling Engineer A: No idea, we need to put our smartest minds into determining what this code means.

----

Etrina: *snickering madly*

Yep, and as a result she'll taint everything else Anula has to offer. Especially since, given how highly they think of Jinzi, it certainly won't be HIS fault the plans failed.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Threshling Enigneer A: I don't get it....this is the fouth time we followed the plans to the letter and it STILL exploded. What does the stolen plans say?

Threshling Engineer B: It says we need to check for an ID-10T error.

Threshling Engineer A: No idea, we need to put our smartest minds into determining what this code means.

----

Etrina: *snickering madly*
    See, when Saiyans used to steal ideas, they also stole the scientists who came up with the idea to prevent any funny business.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yep, and as a result she'll taint everything else Anula has to offer. Especially since, given how highly they think of Jinzi, it certainly won't be HIS fault the plans failed.
    They'll know something's up when the plans call for ample amounts of duct tape to tie the whole thing together. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I wonder if the Queen of Reshlan will actually move out of her shadowy corner to kill Anula herself for getting outsmarted by primitive creatures.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

See, when Saiyans used to steal ideas, they also stole the scientists who came up with the idea to prevent any funny business.

They'll know something's up when the plans call for ample amounts of duct tape to tie the whole thing together. Brilliant.

I wonder if the Queen of Reshlan will actually move out of her shadowy corner to kill Anula herself for getting outsmarted by primitive creatures.
    Hey abducting engineers worked wonders for the Mongols. Did them no favours in recorded history, but an undisputed century or so ain't bad.

...hmm...I wonder about Anula...

Hey abducting engineers worked wonders for the Mongols. Did them no favours in recorded history, but an undisputed century or so ain't bad.

...hmm...I wonder about Anula...
    I mean, she was smart enough to play opossum. I'd assumed she'd simply stolen Jinzi and used another clone deal.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Beware Blizzar, Insurance Salesman Supreme.

...though the premiums on these drones are surely to die for.

I mean, she was smart enough to play opossum. I'd assumed she'd simply stolen Jinzi and used another clone deal.
    Well, time to investigate.

And Dodonpa her from the front this time.

...if I make it back in time to follow up, getting a little busy on my end.

Well, time to investigate.

And Dodonpa her from the front this time.

...if I make it back in time to follow up, getting a little busy on my end.
    If anyone has as much a bone to pick with her, it's certainly Dadzuke !

Send the mayor of Suplex City my regards. I hear you're the one sending people there nowadays.

Arx Inosaan

...kinda odd that Evangeline kinda failed to mention this, but that's okay. It does explain the shift in the curve, sort of.

Being mortal, much less human, is suffering lol

Oh well. I for one knew what I was getting into.

So while PL gain is very subjective, I'm going to have to ask how we square this, and how - in this example - Charco is supposed to catch up to Sarada in any reasonable measure in the future, or why anybody should bother to show up if any of the top brass are in the same room, barring esoterics and magic or whatever?

Part of this is the way the game goes, I understand. Characters should show up and be rewarded for constructive participation. In this example howerver, Charco's lack of participation was due to Yun's absence due to irl stuff.

In contrast Nevanlinna cancelled out Jagam's first spell, then sat on the sidelines to have a nice conversation with Anula. While it is a feat opposed to no feat, it's not too much more, you know what I mean? Moreover this isn't even her 'real' PL since she's constantly repressing her true strength.

Slak isn't even an actual PC these days and yet he's still getting boosted.

And not saying she didn't earn it, but by raw numbers Etrina could probably put Charco in a headlock, free.

I dunno, how should we balance this? Is there really a need to? I may just be rambling here, but if going afk causes this much of a dropoff it kind of makes working back into the game after absences a little difficult.
    On that note: I live once more. Finally done with my self-imposed/voluntary 6 day workweek (it hurts, but the money...) and I think my yearly depression-based self-isolation is starting to wean, so I'm going to try to be a bit more active nowadays.

Now, onto business.

I can definitely see where Gen is getting his salt from. Aside from fruit-based enhancements (Charco is going to have to eat everything and anything given to this group), it's been getting more difficult to give 100% to this game when certain characters have been given special encounters and knowledge/exposition that rarely seems to trickle down to the others. For example: how many characters know about the origins of Banefire and the horn or even the objective to collect these items?

On the other hand, I'm fine with Charco's current standings since it gives me some options for his own growth. He just needs to actually get into some fights for that progression to kick in.

With that said, as much as I enjoy writing up Quila I think bringing him was an issue of being little-too-late and I might shelf him like a lesser Pikkon-type character. Still debating on this part.

I mean Ishtar's not too bad.

She's just ... really friggen blunt.

Arx Inosaan

I mean Ishtar's not too bad.

She's just ... really friggen blunt.
    Zaofan rarely is, so -- sheep vs. lion, really. A lion that knows what she wants, but a lion nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan rarely is, so -- sheep vs. lion, really. A lion that knows what she wants, but a lion nonetheless.
    Are we talking about Etrina ?

Arx Inosaan

Are we talking about Etrina ?
    Etrina is Mistress