Page 136 of 719 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The colonies were all autonomous, so Mato only had control over Vocado. Callion being in the position it's in is on Pinrit putting all his eggs into one basket.

Before Mato came along, Vocado gave monetary and military support to Callion for their conquests. Once Mato put a stop to Vocado's warmongering, the money and soldiers stopped going to Callion and they started losing money. Then, when the Empire was formed, the support stopped completely, leaving them in financial distress since they have no other skills to compensate for the massive loss of income that comes from selling planets.
    Ah okay. That gives the tournament a lot more weight than I first thought. Undisputed autocracy seems to be the only way they'll learn!

Still, those old-stock Saiyans do raise an important - if ignorantly applied - question: how do they change and yet remain true to their roots and heritage?

That's a good question.
    Asked wayyy too late into the plot, whoops!

Nah, it's fine, that war chest probably has centuries of investments!

...in addition to the huge loan they took from the Bank of Nevada to pay the Galactic Patrol fines...secondhand cannibalized technology sold for cheap...the underground slave trade...

y'know what, ignore me, lol

As I see it, given that at least two notable Saiyans from Vacado had or were part of mercenary groups...

Callion were more like marauding bandits. They'd find a nice, juicy planet, attack, and then sell it for profit, keeping whatever loot they could get. Maybe they could be directed, but they were almost invariably bad news.

Vacado... some did the whole 'bandit' thing, but a lot of them were probably of a more mercenary bent. Yeah, sometimes/often they'd be hired to do bad shit (hell, Callion probably hired them a lot since they were unlikely to stab them in the back and they'd trust other saiyans to get shit done) but they could also be hired out for neutral or good tasks, too.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 10-05-2018 at 11:45 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ah okay. That gives the tournament a lot more weight than I first thought. Undisputed autocracy seems to be the only way they'll learn!

Still, those old-stock Saiyans do raise an important - if ignorantly applied - question: how do they change and yet remain true to their roots and heritage?
    This is an existential question many older Saiyans are constantly asking themselves. Many like Maiz have nearly completely shed their former ways, to the point that they're almost nothing like the Saiyans outside of being gruff and blunt. You'll remember that Maiz didn't have much in the way of pride or an ego, nor was she very boastful.

On the other hand, there are those that feel that to be Saiyan is to be prideful and boastful, so there's this inner clash between completely accepting the new ways of peace and trying to find some middle ground.

In the end, it doesn't matter since the kids Pinich and Rutaba's age don't have big egos and are much more even keeled, meaning Maiz's/Mato's/Tasure's way will win out in the very end.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    As I see it, given that at least two notable Saiyans from Vacado had or were part of mercenary groups...

Callion were more like marauding bandits. They'd find a nice, juicy planet, attack, and then sell it for profit, keeping whatever loot they could get. Maybe they could be directed, but they were almost invariably bad news.

Vacado... some did the whole 'bandit' thing, but a lot of them were probably of a more mercenary bent. Yeah, sometimes/often they'd be hired to do bad shit (hell, Callion probably hired them a lot since they were unlikely to stab them in the back and they'd trust other saiyans to get shit done) but they could also be hired out for neutral or good tasks, too.
    Parsley definitely nuked some planets for cash for Callion. In fact, they still owe her for the last two she wiped clean.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Come to think of it, she's more than likely had a close working relationship with the Junjo before Mato severed that tie.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

This is an existential question many older Saiyans are constantly asking themselves. Many like Maiz have nearly completely shed their former ways, to the point that they're almost nothing like the Saiyans outside of being gruff and blunt. You'll remember that Maiz didn't have much in the way of pride or an ego, nor was she very boastful.

On the other hand, there are those that feel that to be Saiyan is to be prideful and boastful, so there's this inner clash between completely accepting the new ways of peace and trying to find some middle ground.
    Can't wait till Jack responds to Sarada.

Also, whenever Ochazuke finishes contending with Anula, both sisters are getting a talking-to.

In the end, it doesn't matter since the kids Pinich and Rutaba's age don't have big egos and are much more even keeled, meaning Maiz's/Mato's/Tasure's way will win out in the very end.
    Spoilers.

Astonishing Member

Come to think of it, she's more than likely had a close working relationship with the Junjo before Mato severed that tie.
    Well, I guess that confirms that Held wouldn't particularly love Parsley. He doesn't really get emotional about that kind of stuff, but he wasn't too thrilled some doods were running up in his planets, kidnapping his doods.

Parsley definitely nuked some planets for cash for Callion. In fact, they still owe her for the last two she wiped clean.
    Damn cheapskate Callionites.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Can't wait till Jack responds to Sarada.

Also, whenever Ochazuke finishes contending with Anula, both sisters are getting a talking-to.
    Me neither. I've been waiting all day.

Though, when I think about it, other than Ishtar, strength and pride are all Sarada really has left. Dashir stripped away everything else from her, so she didn't get to enjoy half her life without his shadow being there to ruin every moment.

That's also, I've decided, why her relationship with Jack fell through.

Spoilers.
    Whoops, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Well, I guess that confirms that Held wouldn't particularly love Parsley. He doesn't really get emotional about that kind of stuff, but he wasn't too thrilled some doods were running up in his planets, kidnapping his doods.
    She had a stable full of Nevadians back when owning slaves was a thing. So, up until about six months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Damn cheapskate Callionites.
    The jamokes tries to give her an IOU. She blew up one of their cities.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Between Paraxt and Qaztoh when it comes to fatty tissue Qaztoh has more of it at 190 pounds compare to Paraxt 150 pounds. Qaztoh is also 4 inches taller than Paraxt at 5'10". Paraxt is muscular, while Qaztoh chubby much like the rest of the female Toadians.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Me neither. I've been waiting all day.

Though, when I think about it, other than Ishtar, strength and pride are all Sarada really has left. Dashir stripped away everything else from her, so she didn't get to enjoy half her life without his shadow being there to ruin every moment.

That's also, I've decided, why her relationship with Jack fell through.

Whoops, my bad.

She had a stable full of Nevadians back when owning slaves was a thing. So, up until about six months ago.

The jamokes tries to give her an IOU. She blew up one of their cities.
    What I am gathering, is that half of the cast would despise Parsely, but tolerate her because:

A)Useful
    B)Sarada's sister, who several of them like. Also, she's queen, something something, maybe intergalactic incident.
    C) Could probably punch the faces out of enough of them to where it's not a huge issue.
    Last edited by Miburo; 10-06-2018 at 12:30 AM.

What I am gathering, is that half of the cast would despise Parsely, but tolerate her because:

A)Useful
    B)Sarada's sister, who several of them like. Also, she's queen, something something, maybe intergalactic incident.
    C) Could probably punch the faces out of enough of them to where it's not a huge issue.
    She's the Vegeta of the group.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

She's the Vegeta of the group.
    ...Then who's Sarada?

...Wait, is she the Goku?

Or is Parsely such a Vegeta, that Sarada is Goku in comparison?

...Then who's Sarada?

The last one. Sarada's not naive or forgiving enough to be Goku.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

...Then who's Sarada?

Sarada: Bardock
    Parsley: Vegeta
    Totoma: Broly w/inhibitor crown (called life)

ah what the heck, call the rest. STUFF THEM PIGEONHOLES.

Gohan
    Trunks
    Piccolo
    Tenshinhan
    Krillin

I have a handful of picks:

Buu: Sasheem (of course)
    Yamcha: Zaofan (decent fighter with a big heart, but his primary interests and vocation that make him a winner outside of battle alone)
    Monaka: Erosa (The eternal rival to the strongest, you just can't see it yet)
    Chiaotzu: Everyone has their moment of working hard and being useful, nobody gotta hold this.