Page 138 of 719 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 10777
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Interesting analogy from Zaofan, considering he's the oldest out of the trio.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The jumpsuit is what Ctyhlla has to wear to survive outside of the Void, but she needed someone to establish the link between herself and it (by pressing the button) to actually be able to enter and wear it. Which was why Praxat was being nudged toward pressing it.

Buuut.

Not only was that prevented when Praxat was yanked away from pressing the button (for whatever reason), but you just had it sealed inside a capsule and labeled as dangerous. No reason eh anyone would mess with it now.

So ends the Saga of Cthylla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I didn't know. I thought it was what got Jinzi in trouble. I'll fix my post.

Spacesuit is still there. Still find this things with Cthylla confusing.
    Well....at this point there hasn't been anyone who can properly explain whats going on since Cthylla can't speak and Jinzi was otherwise distracted, but that is the general idea. Cthylla implanted the idea for the suit in Jinzi, who did all the construction for her, but just before he could finish the job it seems Anula got to him. The suit needs to bridge the connection to the void so it can build the interior environment to something she can live in before she moved into her new mobile home.

She couldn't use Ishtar for it, and Meagan was too distracted with Jinzi for it to be natural, so she went with what seemed the easiest and least distracted member.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Interesting analogy from Zaofan, considering he's the oldest out of the trio.
    Sometimes he needs to act his age, not his shoe size

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

She’ll get popped when Jinzi goes back to CC with Wilhelm most likely.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Unless I'm mistaken, Praxat isn't infected by anything; nor should anyone be aware that there's anything 'extra dimensional' about the suit. Just a suit, and the feeling of "good things will happen if I press the button on it".

Unless Sandy say otherwise.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Okay, the votes are in and counted. The winner for the second month in a row and third time overall (I think) is Zaofan with 8 points. In second place with 7 each are Ishtar and Sasheem. Third place is a tie between Asha'rah and Ochazuke with 4 points. Fourth is a three way tie between Nevanlinna, Sarada, and Jack, each with 3 points. Fifth is a four-way tie between Parsley, Etrina, Held, and Meagan, each with 2 points.

Congrats to Zaofan. You win a beating from Sarada so she can regain her top spot.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Unless I'm mistaken, Praxat isn't infected by anything; nor should anyone be aware that there's anything 'extra dimensional' about the suit. Just a suit, and the feeling of "good things will happen if I press the button on it".

Toadians are strange in many ways.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Their legs however, are a delicacy in Space France.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Yeah, its ain't an infection. Its a form of mental suggestion. Rather then outright mind control, Cthylla is implanting the idea of what she wants into Praxats(and previous Jinzis) mind. In Jinzis case, it manifested as a "eureka" moment for the conception of the suit...Jinzi built it thinking it was just another interesting idea he hah.

Same with Praxat, Cthylla introduced the positive notion in her mind that finishing the suit boot up sequence was something she needed to do. She was otherwise the least distracted or mindproofed of the people there, where as it wouldn't have worked on Ishtar and the unnaturalness of doing it to meagan while she was focused on Jinzi would have crossed some wires.

As for the extra dimensional thing....the panel that is awaiting authorization input mentioned that.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Yeah, its ain't an infection. Its a form of mental suggestion. Rather then outright mind control, Cthylla is implanting the idea of what she wants into Praxats(and previous Jinzis) mind. In Jinzis case, it manifested as a "eureka" moment for the conception of the suit...Jinzi built it thinking it was just another interesting idea he hah.

Same with Praxat, Cthylla introduced the positive notion in her mind that finishing the suit boot up sequence was something she needed to do. She was otherwise the least distracted or mindproofed of the people there, where as it wouldn't have worked on Ishtar and the unnaturalness of doing it to meagan while she was focused on Jinzi would have crossed some wires.

As for the extra dimensional thing....the panel that is awaiting authorization input mentioned that.
    Cthylla is basically just Leo DeCaprio from Inception.

Missed the Extra-Dimensional comment on the panel though, my bad there.

Arx Inosaan

You know what, Cthylla kinda reminds me of the Taken, from Destiny.

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

You know what, Cthylla kinda reminds me of the Taken, from Destiny.
    ........you have no idea how much you hit the nail on the head with that one, I recently had that same thought lol

Edit: Hell....I even made a non-cannon head theory that the Threshling god is really the voidling/threshling equivalent to the Taken King.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Okay, the votes are in and counted. The winner for the second month in a row and third time overall (I think) is Zaofan with 8 points. In second place with 7 each are Ishtar and Sasheem. Third place is a tie between Asha'rah and Ochazuke with 4 points. Fourth is a three way tie between Nevanlinna, Sarada, and Jack, each with 3 points. Fifth is a four-way tie between Parsley, Etrina, Held, and Meagan, each with 2 points.

Congrats to Zaofan. You win a beating from Sarada so she can regain her top spot.
    Thanks, everyone! But that beating should wait until after Parsley's turn, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ........you have no idea how much you hit the nail on the head with that one, I recently had that same thought lol
    The real question is ... which sub-type ?

Or is she the Taken Ahamkara, Riven ... oh what wondrous possibilities. At the least though, it'll trigger the whole, "Curiosity killed the Oni" complex, in Ishtar. At least until, y'know, that blows up in her face.

Arx Inosaan