Page 153 of 719 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 10777
    Astonishing Member

Holy shit, lol

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...uh, okay.
    This is what happens when we flex ideologies !
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Also, I was gonna have Ishtar reply to Ochazuke ... ah screw it still will, but it's kinda moot now if she's dead.

EDIT: Here's the edit.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-09-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Tempted to try and have Parsley pride her way out of bowing.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

See, this wouldn't be happening if you guys had just let Parsley kill the woman
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    This is what happens when we flex ideologies !
    Clearly Anula lost faith. She did say Auroc is a jealous god, after all, but damn, how vindictive.

Also, I was gonna have Ishtar reply to Ochazuke ... ah screw it still will, but it's kinda moot now if she's dead.
    I'd be fine with a response in shifted continuity. He at least understands Ishtar has her reasons, but in a fashion is acting because as Ochazuke saw it, Ishtar was making Anula an offer based on the premise of learning a type of sorcery nobody can really recognize.

Because the deal was centred on Anula teaching them, there is so much room for exploitation. She'd effectively have control over their exchanges, and can clearly broadcast messages back to Reslan.

Ah well. All I'll ask is, please note that while he did release her as Ishtar asked, he had snared her in Karura no Kaen before the dialogue around their compact was established.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Tempted to try and have Parsley pride her way out of bowing.
    INB4 Parselys entire reason for crusading in the next arc is because she's pissed she's been forced to bow.

....FUND IT.

You know what happens to verbose villains? Verbose heroes can also suffer the same fates.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    INB4 Parselys entire reason for crusading in the next arc is because she's pissed she's been forced to bow.

....FUND IT.
    She's getting a passive tech from this.

I Bow Before No Man: Parsley's pride does not let her bow. At all. Also, this song suddenly blares in the background.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

She's getting a passive tech from this.

I Bow Before No Man: Parsley's pride does not let her bow. At all. Also, this song suddenly blares in the background.
    Auroc must be no man, cause your girl is getting Besmirched.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You know what happens to verbose villains? Verbose heroes can also suffer the same fates.
    Let this be a lesson to you all: never try.

See, this wouldn't be happening if you guys had just let Parsley kill the woman
    If this had a different resolution, I would have worked toward Ochazuke's yet unspoken thoughts on the matter. As it is, eh, may as well exposit now since this seems to be out of my character's means to participate in any meaningful fashion since I can never seem to get to a keyboard in timely moments.

The reason why Ochazuke called Parsley incompetent after firing off her opportunistic killshot - besides cracking the mountain in half on a surrendered target - is because he initially wanted to capture Anula alive and extract the location of Reslan from her. The Eye of Auroc was mentioned, if not named, by Evangeline and Jinzi going wayyyy back.

So Parsley, going for the kill, seemed to view the conflict against Anula as a means to save face, unfinished business to be ended, and that would pretty much be it for their leads, with Nevanlinna lost among the starways right now.

Ochazuke, meanwhile, has had it up to here with these goddamn aliens coming to Earth unannounced, declaring all sorts of death and judgement when there's enough problems here, and on the galactic stage this is a one-way invasion against those with no quarrel. The Threshlings drew first blood, but soon it'd be Earth's time, among who knows how many others, to at last take the fight to them.

In short, Parsley strives to win a duel; Ochazuke strives to win a war. Narrative contrast, themes for dialogue, yadda yadda.

OH WELL.

Red and Green eyes, huh. I wonder if Auroc is a distant multiversal cousin to Blue Eyes from Codex...

Astonishing Member

I'm going to have Held challenge this guy to a staring contest down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Let this be a lesson to you all: never try.

If this had a different resolution, I would have worked toward Ochazuke's yet unspoken thoughts on the matter. As it is, eh, may as well exposit now since this seems to be out of my character's means to participate in any meaningful fashion since I can never seem to get to a keyboard in timely moments.

The reason why Ochazuke called Parsley incompetent after firing off her opportunistic killshot - besides cracking the mountain in half on a surrendered target - is because he initially wanted to capture Anula alive and extract the location of Reslan from her. The Eye of Auroc was mentioned, if not named, by Evangeline and Jinzi going wayyyy back.

So Parsley, going for the kill, seemed to view the conflict against Anula as a means to save face, unfinished business to be ended, and that would pretty much be it for their leads, with Nevanlinna lost among the starways right now.

Ochazuke, meanwhile, has had it up to here with these goddamn aliens coming to Earth unannounced, declaring all sorts of death and judgement when there's enough problems here, and on the galactic stage this is a one-way invasion against those with no quarrel. The Threshlings drew first blood, but soon it'd be Earth's time, among who knows how many others, to at last take the fight to them.

In short, Parsley strives to win a duel; Ochazuke strives to win a war. Narrative contrast, themes for dialogue, yadda yadda.

OH WELL.
    Actually in this, Ishtar and Ochazuke agree.

Yes she's prioritizing the magic perhaps more than the other areas she requested, but it's for a similae purpose as Parsley, to deconstruct Auroc's magic, so that she can slay sufficiently shield herself when she inevitably breaks the Threshling God. Sort of a, "break that body, crush the spirit" approach between the two.

Also, Ishtar has no qualms with what happened before the compact was made, she was simply trying to prevent Ochazuke from killing or doing further damage after it was established ... but you know, she's dead now.

Feh.

Arx Inosaan

Actually in this, Ishtar and Ochazuke agree.

Yes she's prioritizing the magic perhaps more than the other areas she requested, but it's for a similae purpose as Parsley, to deconstruct Auroc's magic, so that she can slay sufficiently shield herself when she inevitably breaks the Threshling God. Sort of a, "break that body, crush the spirit" approach between the two.

Also, Ishtar has no qualms with what happened before the compact was made, she was simply trying to prevent Ochazuke from killing or doing further damage after it was established ... but you know, she's dead now.

Feh.
    Whelp, it does seem to be up to Ishtar now, perhaps also Etrina, to dispell this episode.

All Ochazuke can do at the moment is sear this horrible eyeball magic into memory.

First trauma. Then who knows.

Till then, oof. Time to take a break, lol.