Page 154 of 719 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 10777
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Let this be a lesson to you all: never try.

If this had a different resolution, I would have worked toward Ochazuke's yet unspoken thoughts on the matter. As it is, eh, may as well exposit now since this seems to be out of my character's means to participate in any meaningful fashion since I can never seem to get to a keyboard in timely moments.

The reason why Ochazuke called Parsley incompetent after firing off her opportunistic killshot - besides cracking the mountain in half on a surrendered target - is because he initially wanted to capture Anula alive and extract the location of Reslan from her. The Eye of Auroc was mentioned, if not named, by Evangeline and Jinzi going wayyyy back.

So Parsley, going for the kill, seemed to view the conflict against Anula as a means to save face, unfinished business to be ended, and that would pretty much be it for their leads, with Nevanlinna lost among the starways right now.

Ochazuke, meanwhile, has had it up to here with these goddamn aliens coming to Earth unannounced, declaring all sorts of death and judgement when there's enough problems here, and on the galactic stage this is a one-way invasion against those with no quarrel. The Threshlings drew first blood, but soon it'd be Earth's time, among who knows how many others, to at last take the fight to them.

In short, Parsley strives to win a duel; Ochazuke strives to win a war. Narrative contrast, themes for dialogue, yadda yadda.

OH WELL.
    Saving face/tying up a loose end/alleviating boredom, some combination of those three. But yeah, she wasn't thinking ahead like she usually does. It tends to happen; she IS a Saiyan after all, so she can't be forethoughtful all the time.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

I've been bending over backwards to have a guy who literally has super senses in his DNA not even bother to sense a single thing remotely nearby, outside of Jinzi one time.

I'm delighted that Held's like ".....Huh?" this entire endgame.

VACATION MODE.

Astonishing Member

...Oh, wait, Megan and Cyanna are in the same place, meaning so is Held and Sarada....

Damnit, Held, they just won't let me let you ignore this entire event, will they?

Now you HAVE to pay attention.

Everyone will fly in to confront the big bad, and then get knocked out of the sky by the "submit" aura.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

This is just an elaborate trap to lure the Saiyan Queen out into the open.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Everyone will fly in to confront the big bad, and then get knocked out of the sky by the "submit" aura.
    I don't want Held to go, and Held doesn't even want to go. We are both reluctantly accepting our fate.

As far as he's concerned, he's literally killing time and doing stuff while waiting for Jinzi or whatever. He has no reason to suspect Anula or whatever is alive, or was. All combat is over, so he's pretty much moved on into vacation mode, and dealing with his own problems.

I mean, Jinzi got mindwhapped, and Held didn't notice, partially because he was barely paying attention, outside of noticing Jinzi, and the rest of the team surrounding him.

Meagan and Cyanna had to go "OUR SISTER IS IN TROUBLE" and Sarada had to go "THERE IS ANY ENEMY NEARBY" for Held to maybe bother even scanning the area to even figure out where half the cast went to.

Moral of the story: Held should have went training, now he's going to get knocked out the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    This is just an elaborate trap to lure the Saiyan Queen out into the open.
    Elaborate ?

Meagan: "Strong opponent."

Sarada: Stop, my tail can't get anymore erect.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

That is what is keeping Meagan from charging into battle. She's not so reckless to take an action that might only make the situation worse. Yet, she needs to do something.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    That is what is keeping Meagan from charging into battle. She's not so reckless to take an action that might only make the situation worse. Yet, she needs to do something.
    Oh, Meagan might not be, but there's at least two Saiyans that just heard her say, "Powerful." in regards to an enemy

Arx Inosaan

Lol fuck.

The Stupid of the Year 2018 Award goes to Zaofan.

Arx Inosaan

Oh, Meagan might not be, but there's at least two Saiyans that just heard her say, "Powerful." in regards to an enemy
    So, I guess that means she already did do something.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So, I guess that means she already did do something.
    Saiyan Cavalry

Of course, Zaofan just ... well. You know what. He's our Krillin.

Arx Inosaan

Elaborate ?

Meagan: "Strong opponent."

Sarada: Stop, my tail can't get anymore erect.
    Well, elaborate in...

Aw, who am I kidding? Auroc probably spent like 30 seconds thinking of this plan.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Saiyan Cavalry

Of course, Zaofan just ... well. You know what. He's our Krillin.
    *kisses teeth*

Had to revise because, duh, Etrina's ice was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Well, elaborate in...

Aw, who am I kidding? Auroc probably spent like 30 seconds thinking of this plan.
    I don't think he even did anything. He just let Meagan do it.

Arx Inosaan