Page 189 of 719 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289689 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 10777

The parasites were related to the First Ones, I believe.

And hmm...conspicuous we haven't heard much about the Lyne in a while, although IIRC as far as our characters are concerned, they don't know if it was a dream or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of people. I think the parasites answer to someone, but it wasn't mentioned, I don't think.
    Hey Sub, I edited my last post, if you've any thoughts to add.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The parasites were related to the First Ones, I believe.

And hmm...conspicuous we haven't heard much about the Lyne in a while, although IIRC as far as our characters are concerned, they don't know if it was a dream or not.
    Ishtar had a way of knowing, but she was never given confirmation from Cleric.

That said, the Lyne arrived five years from "current" back then, since it's only been six months since then, they're still four years away.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Sorry, I missed this, too. But yes, I'm down for Sasheem joining as well. Zaofan is going to hate that, and tension is the source of great conflict. And great comedy, usually.

With Sasheem and Dash, at least this chapter of the schools will be unique compared to others.
    This should be a fun time. I even have an idea for a new technique Sasheem may learn upon exploring the Spider-Temple.

Wow, that's a lot of people. I think the parasites answer to someone, but it wasn't mentioned, I don't think.
    There's a reason the GP are becoming more active as of late. After his adventures on Earth and beyond, P-States made adventure giant, portfolio of any and advent rule potential danger.

After he got absorbed, it was taken into consideration even more that they needed to up their game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar had a way of knowing, but she was never given confirmation from Cleric.

That said, the Lyne arrived five years from "current" back then, since it's only been six months since then, they're still four years away.
    I wish Ochazuke had a way of knowing Ishtar's thoughts on Anula's current predicament.

Suppose it'll remain a mystery, much like the Lyne.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Sorry, I missed this, too. But yes, I'm down for Sasheem joining as well. Zaofan is going to hate that, and tension is the source of great conflict. And great comedy, usually.

With Sasheem and Dash, at least this chapter of the schools will be unique compared to others.

Someone (not me) had pitched the possibility of Etrina interfering in Zaofan and Parsley's sparring session some pages ago, and I'm thinking it could be fun to do, not just for a 2 vs. 1 battle that ends in a tie (since Parsley would beat Zaofan in straight 1-on-1), but because then it touches upon/covers a triple play: the Zaofan vs. Parsley fight, Parsley seeking to improve her abilities in the face of magic, and Etrina and Zaofan actually spending time with each other on screen.

In essence there'd be a triangle:

Zaofan learns from Parsley
    Parsley learns from Etrina
    Etrina reaffirms dominion over Zaofan

Also, I really imagine Zaofan learning just a simple but profound lesson from Parsley in the fight, even if it's just Parsley providing some kind of snippy but insightful comment on how he specifically should improve. Nothing drawn out or too complicated -- just point out a character fault and have Parsley roast it to death.
    A sort of quasi triangle between Zao, Etrina, and Parsley would be fun simply because it has nothing to do with sex. Parsley isn't attracted to men, but enjoys beating the shit out people. The current person would be Zao, who Etrina enjoys beating the crap out of. That Etrina would also be training Parsley to detect magic only adds another wrinkle to the whole thing. It's got potential to be fun to write.

And Parsley would most definitely snidely point out Zao's flaws in a way that would not only help him, but make him feel bad about himself
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I wish Ochazuke had a way of knowing Ishtar's thoughts on Anula's current predicament.

Suppose it'll remain a mystery, much like the Lyne.
    Did I miss something ? I think I missed something.

Time to go snoopin'.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Did I miss something ? I think I missed something.

Time to go snoopin'.
    Oh, lol.

Alright, I'm just going to assume they're back on the Lookout cuz ... Zurvan's not doing his job right now he's drinking bourbon with Sihn.

Arx Inosaan

I also still have no idea what you're expecting a response to. This ?

"that mark you bear is not the only marker of your dangerous compact. The game may be played at a different level."
    Cuz he turns to address Zaofan a moment later and I mean ...

I'll think of something I guess. Hopefully something better than a really drawn out "yup." Cuz that's kinda all it opens the door to.

Arx Inosaan

There's another post on the tail end of Zaofan's examination:

So now, as the stakes of the Threshling's god changed by his interruption and design, Ochazuke had at last a belated response for Ishtar.

"What, indeed, is left to this one beyond the breath held ransom to your mercy?"

Casting his gaze around her, he saw residuals of magic remained about Anula. The medium of magic allowed her to craft small miracles for herself. Though Auroc's eye turned elsewhere for the moment, his finger ever remained near to his pawn.

She would be fool indeed to break this new compact," he said. "however, she now wanders aimlessly, a blind wanderer without a destination. All-seeing yet unseen, this pursuit may serve only to further affix his canon."
    Of course if there's no matter to consider here, eh, we can let it lie.

Nah, I didn't see that one, s'on me.

Definitely words to be had here.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Never let lie, never say die.

Kobra Kai.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, when Parsley went "ZAOFAN" I imagined Super Kami Guru going "NAIL"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Honestly, when Parsley went "ZAOFAN" I imagined Super Kami Guru going "NAIL"
    Parsley: ...and then I said "I don't care who you are. Make My Pies!" And that was Zaofan's first day on the job.

Zaofan: I know, Parsley. I was there.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Parsley: ...and then I said "I don't care who you are. Make My Pies!" And that was Zaofan's first day on the job.

Zaofan: I know, Parsley. I was there.
    Yes. Exactly like that.

Also, Held and Jack roadtrip.

FUCK YEAH. Let's go get paid, son.