Page 244 of 719 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Damn it.

I should have given Zaofan, the Binding Knife.
    And hilarity ensues.

Last year (in game time) when our heroes explored the Lookout for the very first time, Eva let him find and keep a fancy old leather wrap full of ancient knives in the kitchen, kind of like this product. The material of the knives haven't been fully explored (there's probably too much katchin in the game anyway), but they're still clean and good for cooking. And also another slot for him to carry said-knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    And hilarity ensues.

Last year (in game time) when our heroes explored the Lookout for the very first time, Eva let him find and keep a fancy old leather wrap full of ancient knives in the kitchen, kind of like this product. The material of the knives haven't been fully explored (there's probably too much katchin in the game anyway), but they're still clean and good for cooking. And also another slot for him to carry said-knife.
    Hm ... could do a mini-retcon. But this is already pretty fun so I dunno.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Hm ... could do a mini-retcon. But this is already pretty fun so I dunno.
    Oh, however you feel, but would the binding knife fly all over the place and try to kill Zaofan, too? Just thinking.

----

On the side, now that Sasheem has joined the Party, the group still has to complete the quest. With no other choice to accept it, their trek deeper into the catacombs would be filled with Zaofan's grumpy muttering about Sasheem. I'm pretty sure it would sound a lot like Homer.

Oh, however you feel, but would the binding knife fly all over the place and try to kill Zaofan, too? Just thinking.
    It's more like ... how Kagome could control Inuyasha.

Only it's a knife ... an unbreakable knife. Bound to Ishtar such that even if Sasheem steals it back ... she can just recall it back to her.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Question. Does being effectively a "Watcher in Training", mean Ishtar is a responsible for the trillions of deaths, and thousands of years of suffering she did not lift a finger to stop ?

Do mortal ... ethics and morals apply to those who don't suffer the same ... mortality ?
    Depends on how strongly one subscribes to Spider-Man's personal morality vs people being responsible for their own actions.

Asha'rah could have pushed back against the creation of mosquitoes. Does that make her responsible for every death they cause? Her role as a God of Creation, and the ideals she seeks to see fulfilled through creation, mean that she's not going to just land on a planet and stop every pointless civil war or corrupt leader. Creation needs to learn it's own lessons and grow greater in the striving. That entails a certain risk of failure. If gods so lightly intervened, before long you'd have gods leading entire civilizations. Every god would be a kind of Auroc. Through Asha'rah's moral lens, Ishtar did nothing wrong. Since Ishtar is not currently a GoD, choosing to interfere lightly wouldn't necessarily be wrong either.

I almost want to write a musical parody for Sasheem using Sweeney Todd as a base about consuming people.

I almost want to write a musical parody for Sasheem using Sweeney Todd as a base about consuming people.

Attend the Ballad of Sasheem Todd
    His skin was blue'n he was a blowhard
    He killed and ate wantonly, gentlemen
    And never thereafter die he have a friend
    He killed Snake School, where once he trod
    Did Sasheem Todd
    The Demon Majin who eats feet.

Best I could do on such short notice.

Arx Inosaan

Attend the Ballad of Sasheem Todd
    His skin was blue'n he was a blowhard
    He killed and ate wantonly, gentlemen
    And never thereafter die he have a friend
    He killed Snake School, where once he trod
    Did Sasheem Todd
    The Demon Majin who eats feet.

Best I could do on such short notice.
    Oh god, that wasn't a Binding Knife! It was a Binding Razor!

Oh god, that wasn't a Binding Knife! It was a Binding Razor!
    If Zaofan wasn't so angry, he might realize that, if Sasheem hadn't absorbed P-Sta, P-Sta would have died floating in space, and also the Dragon Balls could be used to separate them, possibly, if that is desired.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If Zaofan wasn't so angry, he might realize that, if Sasheem hadn't absorbed P-Sta, P-Sta would have died floating in space, and also the Dragon Balls could be used to separate them, possibly, if that is desired.
    But that's boring. tension makes for good drama, and I'm finding his self righteousness makes for a good balance for his otherwise goody goody nature.

Plus, this ongoing grudge will play nicely when Sasheem gets to delve further into the Five Schools.

Essentially, Zaofan's kinda using P-Sta as an excuse to justify his anger for being betrayed by a friend, whom he considered Sasheem.

Essentially, having Zaofan make peace with Sasheem would rob Zaofan of one of the more dynamic relationships in his life, since he's nowhere near this hostile with any one else in the main cast. Ochazuke's a brother, Parsley's a tutor, Erosa's his little sister, Etrina is his Mistress, Meagan Held Chuan and Totoma are close pals, but Sasheem's that nemesis, the guy at Thanksgiving that Zaofan can't escape but can't stand either. If he got along with everyone then he wouldn't develop as much.
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-25-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Lol Blizzar stay hustlin'.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Woah nelly, some interesting changes be comin' Ishtar way.

That's right. She's going to lose her other arm and get a tentacle to replace it. Sarada will just LOVE it.

Arx Inosaan

Essentially, having Zaofan make peace with Sasheem would rob Zaofan of one of the more dynamic relationships in his life, since he's nowhere near this hostile with any one else in the main cast. Ochazuke's a brother, Parsley's a tutor, Erosa's his little sister, Etrina is his Mistress, Meagan Held Chuan and Totoma are close pals, but Sasheem's that nemesis, the guy at Thanksgiving that Zaofan can't escape but can't stand either. If he got along with everyone then he wouldn't develop as much.
    Y'know...a DBM Thanksgiving would be a fun holiday special...though I fear for whoever has to cook the feast for this ravenous cast...

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Woah nelly, some interesting changes be comin' Ishtar way.

That's right. She's going to lose her other arm and get a tentacle to replace it. Sarada will just LOVE it.
    Hey now. Cleric said to CURB the lewdness, not increase it 1000x
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!