Page 346 of 719 FirstFirst ... 246296336342343344345346347348349350356396446 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 10777

Eh, did a quick rewrite. It's nothing special, but it's a damn sight better than before, at least.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

I should hopefully have time to do it justice, or at the very least get across just how bad a move this was ...

Will likely rewrite it to flesh it out, though.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I should hopefully have time to do it justice, or at the very least get across just how bad a move this was ...

Will likely rewrite it to flesh it out, though.
    *Sarada appears*

Sarada: ~You aaate the last piece of caaaake, Ishtar~

Ishtar: I... I'm sorry, I didn't know...

Sarada: ...also, kind of dying. But the cake's more important, damn it!

Even as an illusion, Saiyans have certain priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    *Sarada appears*

Sarada: ~You aaate the last piece of caaaake, Ishtar~

Ishtar: I... I'm sorry, I didn't know...

Sarada: ...also, kind of dying. But the cake's more important, damn it!

Even as an illusion, Saiyans have certain priorities.
    Ishtar: I ... I mean I'm sorry ? I can just make you another cake.

Sarada: It's not the saaaaaame !
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

I admit, I did just entertain the notion that Held somehow does kill Sarada--Well, I guess technically it's more fail to heal, since she's on deaths door--and somehow gets blamed for his failure, to where it's less "Held could not heal this" and more "Held killed our queen!"

He'd most likely escape Vocado--Since, last I checked, most of the guys who could actually take Held on that planet (Ishtar, Sarada, Parsley) are dead, or offworld....

But man, I am not looking forward to him pretty much having the worlds worst PR. Between that incident with the planet, and someone likely spinning it to where Held didn't come to save Sarada, he came to finish the job....

Well, my boy would have a rough couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    I admit, I did just entertain the notion that Held somehow does kill Sarada--Well, I guess technically it's more fail to heal, since she's on deaths door--and somehow gets blamed for his failure, to where it's less "Held could not heal this" and more "Held killed our queen!"

He'd most likely escape Vocado--Since, last I checked, most of the guys who could actually take Held on that planet (Ishtar, Sarada, Parsley) are dead, or offworld....

But man, I am not looking forward to him pretty much having the worlds worst PR. Between that incident with the planet, and someone likely spinning it to where Held didn't come to save Sarada, he came to finish the job....

Well, my boy would have a rough couple of years.
    I mean, Ishtar would hunt him down and kill him, if it was pained as 'Held killed her'. A "wait I can explain" wouldn't be enough.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean, Ishtar would hunt him down and kill him, if it was pained as 'Held killed her'. A "wait I can explain" wouldn't be enough.
    But, "Wait, I can explain" actually explains the whole thing pretty well!

Like, even better than it normally would. Something something Sarada got her ass posioned, something something truffles, something something mech assassin, something something evolving posion that has no known weaknesses and evolves on the spot, something something Sarada barely had a week to live, something something Ishtar was off doing stuff something something, Asha'Rah something something sun bathing yada yada, something something Crazy Horn weaker than he used to be due to his current situation, yada yada.

I'm just saying, if Held somehow failed, it would be pretty understandable.

Admittedly, Ishtar wouldn't be in a reasonable frame of mind, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    But, "Wait, I can explain" actually explains the whole thing pretty well!

Like, even better than it normally would. Something something Sarada got her ass posioned, something something truffles, something something mech assassin, something something evolving posion that has no known weaknesses and evolves on the spot, something something Sarada barely had a week to live, something something Ishtar was off doing stuff something something, Asha'Rah something something sun bathing yada yada, something something Crazy Horn weaker than he used to be due to his current situation, yada yada.

I'm just saying, if Held somehow failed, it would be pretty understandable.

Admittedly, Ishtar wouldn't be in a reasonable frame of mind, so yeah.
    It's the last bit that's important.

You may see why in a moment.

Arx Inosaan

>implying that Ishtar could get through the "No Girls Allowed" sign on Held's hideout.

It's the perfect defense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    >implying that Ishtar could get through the "No Girls Allowed" sign on Held's hideout.

It's the perfect defense.
    SHEER HEAT ATTACK HAS NO WEAKNESS.

...Note to self: Crazy Horn: Shell Mode.

Something something Adamantine Transmutation.

That'll have to do, cuz Cleric be posting

Arx Inosaan

Lol she just got cut in half.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

I almost am sad Held isn't there to fight Luop, but at the same time, I am leery about having having him fight anyone who named an attacked after attacking the organ Held needs to revive.

...Also, Held would totally steal Heart Attack. It's essentially a ranged piercing horn.

One key difference between Asha'rah and Ishtar, and one which may make the latter a better person, is that Asha'rah is at peace with every decision she ever made, including her failures. That's part of what her "all things strive" philosophy is all about. When you're a god that predates the creation of the universe and was involved in laying the groundwork for how everything operates, death is part of the job and she's seen it happen times beyond counting. Asha'rah understands that individual people have their own frailties and imperfections, which is why she believed so strongly in changing how the balance of power works.

When the universe is as skewed as it is now, massacres are bound to happen based on just one person. Asha'rah is cool with Ishtar having wiped out an entire civilization when Sekhmet was murdered, because it was a completely natural reaction whose consequences were magnified by how the world works. Asha'rah doesn't expect anyone to give a Superman world of cardboard speech.

The closest Asha'rah has to regret is regarding the first Earth, an innocent planet that got caught up in the crossfire. But while she was saddened by the revelation and had to reassess how costly her war had been, she doesn't condemn herself or Shek'hinah (the one who sealed Hammer in there and poisoned the world because Shek'hinah was too busy being dead to deal with it). They both strove to do their best for the multiverse. Failures are to be learned from, but if they weren't cool with death generally they wouldn't have made their creations mortal.

The one death that Asha'rah would regret immensely would be Erosa's, because she compromised herself and left Erosa's wellbeing to predetermined fate. But Erosa is alive now, so that one won't be used against her.

Asha'rah: Sarada, Luop just nailed your mate.

Sarada: EVERYONE DIES!