Page 37 of 719 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Wait.

Are Dash/Zaofan doing their thing in the Wastes ?
    Ah, yeah....oops.

LOL
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

And now, in 2018...=P

Well, at least they'll only be dead for a year.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

What kind of traps are they? Are they like landmines in nature? How are they activated?
    Last edited by Tami; 08-28-2018 at 03:33 PM.

That awkward moment when they actually survive all the traps, returning to the Lookout with big dopey grins.

OTOH I assume Etrina went with them so a reset might be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    That awkward moment when they actually survive all the traps, returning to the Lookout with big dopey grins.

I don't think so. Zaofan said that he hasn't seen her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    What kind of traps are they? Are they like landmines in nature? How are they activated?
    Basically most of the pillars in the Waste are laced with Ki from Ishtar/Parsley, the former turning them into controllable 'limbs' and the latter offering these limbs Ki Nullification/Suppression.

Ishtar's also putting Gravity Spell traps everywhere (on the pillars, and various other places that I'll note in an upcoming post), that are certainly strong enough to just crush Dash/Zaofan to death if they trip them.

I mean Ishtar's still there (working on a post about why), so she could keep most of the traps from going off if she notices the two are there.

Etrina hasn't left the Lookout as far as I know, however so ... she'd get there after the fact, and would then need to manipulate time enough to draw Zurvan's attention.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Basically most of the pillars in the Waste are laced with Ki from Ishtar/Parsley, the former turning them into controllable 'limbs' and the latter offering these limbs Ki Nullification/Suppression.

Ishtar's also putting Gravity Spell traps everywhere (on the pillars, and various other places that I'll note in an upcoming post), that are certainly strong enough to just crush Dash/Zaofan to death if they trip them.

I mean Ishtar's still there (working on a post about why), so she could keep most of the traps from going off if she notices the two are there.

Etrina hasn't left the Lookout as far as I know, however so ... she'd get there after the fact, and would then need to manipulate time enough to draw Zurvan's attention.
    It will be a test, lets' see if they can survive the run.

I don't think so. Zaofan said that he hasn't seen her.
    I mean earlier to prepare the battlefield, since she was one of the first to propose that plan of action.

Unless we're running on shifting time here once again.

Having said all that, the wasteland is a very big place, so there's likely room for a race outside of the deathtrap zone.

I mean earlier to prepare the battlefield, since she was one of the first to propose that plan of action.

Oh, I guess if she went down she might still be there with Isthar. Though I thought she was with your character.

Oh, I guess if she went down she might still be there with Isthar. Though I thought she was with your character.
    Ochazuke is currently being swarmed by her magical proxies and Erosa.

Where the real Etrina is right now, only Sandman knows.

Wait.

Are Dash/Zaofan doing their thing in the Wastes ?

It will be a test, lets' see if they can survive the run.
    Oh good, I was afraid a normal race would get too boring. Yes, let's play with the traps a little

Ishtar left her on the Lookout. AFAIK only booby trapping that's been done so far has been from Parsley, and Ishtar.

And while I'd rather they didn't mess with the traps, can't well stop them. Just respond accordingly.

*shrug*

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar left her on the Lookout. AFAIK only booby trapping that's been done so far has been from Parsley, and Ishtar.

And while I'd rather they didn't mess with the traps, can't well stop them. Just respond accordingly.

*shrug*
    Um.

Zaofan tripped one of the traps. Would anything need to be changed?

Yes, I'm not above using comic book physics, especially 1990s Mark Waid-era Flash physics.