Page 406 of 719 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456506 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Cthylla: *walks by* Hello Ishtar, Hello Sarada, Hello Shoshuten'gotha.

Sarada: What she say?

Grinthorn: Something about shoes I think, oh hey look at the time I got presidential things to do.
    Speaking of. I need to figure out just who exactly is whispering in Ishtar's ear. I'm sure Cthylla could explain it, given it's whomever gave Parsic her 'spark' of void ... Also, on that front, and given recent events (you know Earthquake and all) and overall laziness besides (before the Earthquake and all) ... been a little slow to point out that Ishtar's 17th Tech is:

Void Affinity

---

Details forthcoming, but it's basically a convoluted way for her to have energy attacks now that aren't dependent on Ki/Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Everyone: Then why do your eyes keep glowing?

Grinthorn: Special contact lenses?

Grinthorn: I mean, just because I know intimate details of your lives that I have no right or business knowing doesn't mean I'm some kind of enemy.

*Sees Parsley land*

Grinthorn: It totally sucked how you were tortured to death, Princess. Really bad. How's your girlfriend, by the way?

Parsley: Stranger danger!
    Ishtar: I can't lie you know. I'm just going to keep calling you out.

Grinthorn: Yea I know *smiles and accidentally reveals three extra rows of teeth*.

Ishtar: SEE. LOOK AT HOW NOT HUMAN YOU ARE.

Grinthorn: All humans have this many teeth.

Ishtar: YOU HAVE MORE TEETH THAN ACTUAL SHARKS.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It would be funny if Grinthorn were 100% on the level... just weird.

*reads above*

Sub and I had the same though, lol.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    It would be funny if Grinthorn were 100% on the level... just weird.
    Come to find out he's just AU version of Friedrich.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Come to find out he's just AU version of Friedrich.
    There is one, actually.

The leader of the riskbreakers was basically SPACE-Friedrich.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    There is one, actually.

The leader of the riskbreakers was basically SPACE-Friedrich.
    Yaaasssss.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Also,

Ishtar (to Asha'rah): I know as well as you know, 'I'm sorry for your loss' doesn't mean shit right now.
    Before I reply, what did you mean by describing Asha'rah as "unshackled as she was by an inability to speak falsely one's intent?" If I take the double negative out, it becomes "shackled as she was by an ability to speak falsely one's intent" which I think is meant to imply Ishtar views everyone else as kinda crippled by being able to lie, but also seems to imply that Asha'rah lied about her intentions. Which would in turn mean Ishtar thinks Asha'rah lied when the latter stated her intent to kill Chrona and every single other version of her throughout the timestream if they followed Chrona's plan and Erosa died.

Asha'rah wasn't lying. She's just been winging it on a knife's edge, though of course Ishtar doesn't necessarily understand that. Just wanted to check if I'm understanding what's being written here correctly.

Retired Overlord

Ok...Cthylla is in the room.

In before Grinthorn manages to know shes a voidling and subtly call her out on it.....and by subtle I mean in a way that opens the gate of Babylon(red flag edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ochazuke feels it with his connection to the restrained Namekian. A pinprick, then a another, and the Namekian begins to die.

One needle to his neck, one to the heart.

No one seen, no one heard. Just a quick flash of a tiny portal opening and closing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Cleric, this is the Namekian Asha'rah, Aarada, Ochazuke and Meagan captured right? The one who tried to create a dozen portals?

Because Asha'rah is standing right there with her Dinensional Anchor. Alterations in reality like portals would not only cost more energy, but would also malfunction and lose precision. It wouldn't be impossible to open tiny portals by any means, but the sort of precision assassination technique I'm reading about here seems unlikely right now.
    Cleric, just posting this again in case it was missed.

Not saying it'd necessarily be impossible for an assassin to hit the Namekian with poison needles if they're close enough, but hits to the neck and heart would be lucky at best.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 12-02-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Cleric, just posting this again in case it was missed.
    Ahh, apologies for not responding.

Indeed, trust me, the only reason you got to talk to the Namekian for as long as you all did was because of the anchor. It took time and a lot of power to be able to open a tiny portal and cast the needles through. Without Asha’rah’s anchor, the Namekian would have died WAY sooner.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Before I reply, what did you mean by describing Asha'rah as "unshackled as she was by an inability to speak falsely one's intent?" If I take the double negative out, it becomes "shackled as she was by an ability to speak falsely one's intent" which I think is meant to imply Ishtar views everyone else as kinda crippled by being able to lie, but also seems to imply that Asha'rah lied about her intentions. Which would in turn mean Ishtar thinks Asha'rah lied when the latter stated her intent to kill Chrona and every single other version of her throughout the timestream if they followed Chrona's plan and Erosa died.

Asha'rah wasn't lying. She's just been winging it on a knife's edge, though of course Ishtar doesn't necessarily understand that. Just wanted to check if I'm understanding what's being written here correctly.
    Hm, might have messed up the phrasing there.

It was more to imply that Asha'rah doesn't have the burden of being locked into a thing once it's said. Ishtar wouldn't have been able to threaten Chrona like that.

So it's meant to be, "it was a relief Asha'rah wasn't beholden to her words." More than, "it's a negative she's not beholden to her words."

Arx Inosaan

Okay....so. There are more than a few people vying to interrogate the Namekian. Blizzar's honestly okay with any outcome so long as Grinthorn doesn't get his hands on him.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Okay....so. There are more than a few people vying to interrogate the Namekian. Blizzar's honestly okay with any outcome so long as Grinthorn doesn't get his hands on him.
    Honestly....you probably shouldn't let Cthylla do it either. She'll eat his brain and kill him.

....well....not really "eat his brain"....

....but she would kill him when its done.

Honestly....you probably shouldn't let Cthylla do it either. She'll eat his brain and kill him.

Duly noted.

Cthylla: You did a good job Ishtar meat.

Ishtar: Even better, I'm now like ... 10% void. Are the voices normal ?

Cthylla: Oh my, yes.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Ishtar's got Blizzar's back yo.

They should probably address each other eventually though. I don't think they've spoken once since he showed up XD

Arx Inosaan