Page 407 of 719 FirstFirst ... 307357397403404405406407408409410411417457507 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,105 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hm, might have messed up the phrasing there.

It was more to imply that Asha'rah doesn't have the burden of being locked into a thing once it's said. Ishtar wouldn't have been able to threaten Chrona like that.

So it's meant to be, "it was a relief Asha'rah wasn't beholden to her words." More than, "it's a negative she's not beholden to her words."
    Ah. So Ishtar's requirement to always tell the truth turns what would ordinarily be taken as statements of intent into binding oaths. It might feel like a cheap out, but what if Ishtar just adds the words "I intend to" before saying what she's going to do? Ishtar's allowed to change what she intends to do later right? Or "my current intent is to" if we take it a step further.

As someone who's naturally a bit too literal himself, my curiosity is particularly piqued.

Ishtar's got Blizzar's back yo.

They should probably address each other eventually though. I don't think they've spoken once since he showed up XD
    True...I think Blizzar's due for a long talk with several characters once this informal meeting with Grinthorn is wrapped up.

I think he and Ishtar would get along to a point. He's never interacted with an Oni before...the whole can't tell a lie thing would probably perplex him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Ah. So Ishtar's requirement to always tell the truth turns what would ordinarily be taken as statements of intent into binding oaths. It might feel like a cheap out, but what if Ishtar just adds the words "I intend to" before saying what she's going to do? Ishtar's allowed to change what she intends to do later right? Or "my current intent is to" if we take it a step further.

As someone who's naturally a bit too literal himself, my curiosity is particularly piqued.
    "In this moment, I will kill you 'if'" or "For the moment, [insert something]" would be acceptable work arounds. Once the moment changes, she could change her mind and not have to do anything she said the moments before.

But the requirement to never lie, even in regards to intent, is why her humor can sometimes be ... weird. Like when she said she was going to hit Asha'rah, and then simply lightly rapped her armored chest. She technically followed through on what she said, but in a way that didn't cause harm. That it was meant in jest didn't matter.

This is also why she's generally careful about what she says, or just slaps you with bluntness. As she's said before, it's just too tedious to be constantly working around it.

It's also why she's very, very careful about promise making.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Didn't someone toss around a First Race hypothesis for Cobb ? Get the feeling that was pretty damn close.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Sorry all, heading to bed. Catch you all in the morning.

And I hope Grinthorn has continued to prove to be...interesting. I did give a clue as to what he could be.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Didn't someone toss around a First Race hypothesis for Cobb ? Get the feeling that was pretty damn close.
    I think that was me. Looks like I was off by a few billion years.

inb4 he's actually Zeno.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

inb4 he's actually Zeno.
    That'd be the greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    True...I think Blizzar's due for a long talk with several characters once this informal meeting with Grinthorn is wrapped up.

I think he and Ishtar would get along to a point. He's never interacted with an Oni before...the whole can't tell a lie thing would probably perplex him, though.
    They'd probably get on pretty well. Ishtar has a marked dislike of the GP. Blizzar hussles the GP while being part of it.

She'd find that very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

And I hope Grinthorn has continued to prove to be...interesting. I did give a clue as to what he could be.
    Yes.

Yes I like the Creepy Man.

inb4 he's actually Zeno.
    I think Asha'rah would be mad.

Grinthorn: I'm Zeno

Asha'rah: You are why we can't have nice things ! *attacks with orbs*

Arx Inosaan

I feel a meeting of the minds coming on. A big group meeting on the Lookout with EVERYONE there. Not just the M-Fighters. All the available allies on Earth gathering to discuss just what the fuck the next move is. Shit seems to be going down now.

Zaofan can provide the catering.

I feel a meeting of the minds coming on. A big group meeting on the Lookout with EVERYONE there. Not just the M-Fighters. All the available allies on Earth gathering to discuss just what the fuck the next move is. Shit seems to be going down now.

inb4 everyone decides to try pulling off Grinthorn's mask.

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

inb4 everyone decides to try pulling off Grinthorn's mask.
    You jest, but do we really want to risk fighting Old Man Smithers?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

I just got home.

Have I offended you recently?

What's the beef. Come on, let me know. We can come to terms.

You jest, but do we really want to risk fighting Old Man Smithers?
    Seems like Void has an in. Ishtar's going to Void Headbutt him. He's old, he's not "too old to headbutt".

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Held could solve all your problems, he just does not care because this is pretty much one massive side story for him.

If I ever get the energy to have him go back to Nevada, he'll be insanely serious and competent, and won't drink until he finishes a mission. As opposed to his current stance of drink now, drink later, drink some more, and then if he has time, fight whatever his compatriots are fighting.

Astonishing Member

He's sitting around the house in his underwear anyone. I know because he forgot to cover his Webcam.
    I don't see why I can't be friends with my underwear.

Goku can be friends with a cloud, but me being friends with something that accompanies me several times a week is supposed to be shameful?

This is a cruel world.