Page 41 of 719 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Wait, Ishtar has that technique?

Damnit, see, this is what happens when I leave for two months.

...WHATEVER, I'M KEEPING IT.

And yes, this is clearly the Nevadian version of peacocking.

Ishtar likes horns?

Whatever, Held has horns as far as the eye can see!

MILES OF HORNS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The first part at least, what with the 'filters Ki into the ground'. Only difference is that she then bends the earth that's got her Ki in it. She doesn't make a barrier of virginity.
    Subtext aside, this would be a pretty sick dual-tech.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The Etrina mini-arc continues.
    What does one call a pack of Etrinas. A School? A Flock? A Murder?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    What does one call a pack of Etrinas. A School? A Flock? A Murder?
    A Meese worth.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

wow my character Praxat only has total of eight techniques .

Toadian biology special information .

sight : Toadians are near sighted on land and far sighted in water, they eyes are highly sensitive to movement so they can notice the slightest of movements. they can tell if something is moving even when far away . they have good depth and movement perception. their bulging eyes allow for almost 360 vison. this allows them to look around without moving.

they have a mirror layer in the back of the eye that let's them reflect light at night. this acts kind of like search light at night. they have difficulty seeing in red light and see best in yellow light. they focus by moving the lens within the eyes. they able to see color even in extreme darkness.

hearing: they have hearing range from 10hz to 10,000hz ( prime hearing range) they do not have external ears . however they do have eardrums and an inner ear. Their eardrum works like a regular eardrum with one very special adaptation it is actually connected to their lungs.

The lungs vibrate and are almost as sensitive to hearing as the eardrum. this allows them to make really loud sounds without hurting their own eardrums. Their lungs are capable of doing this by equalizing the pressure differences between the outer surface of the eardrum and the inner surface of the eardrum. this is important function that helps them locate where other sounds are coming from.

smell: they can sense chemical changes in the air . not just from their nostrils but from molecules collected on their eyes and skin. their nostrils are primarily for breathing through rather than smell as they breath with their mouths shut. they have a smell organ on their tongue that detects food.

they are able to detect chemicals in water and in air simultaneously . they do this by putting their nostrils just above the water’s surface.

Taste: Toadians aren't very fussy eaters. however they do have sensitive taste buds. they can sense bitter, sweet, sour and salty. they eat a variety of planets and insects.

Touch: they can detect temperature, pressure touch and pain. they have The lateral line receptors that allow them to detect vibrations through water.

Skin: their skin is water permeable. this means it let's water in and out. Toadians often drink by absorbing water though their skin. they have a pouch on their bellies which is design for water absorption. They absorb through capillary action from water or a moist surface.

they have a huge variety of skin colors and patterns. they can change the color of their skin to change their heat absorption rate. this allows them to control their body temperature. the pattern of their skin can help them camouflage. they regularly shed their skin, and in dry environments they can use their skin as a as a cocoon to keep in water.

their skin is important for both drinking and breathing. Toadians must keep their skin moist so that oxygen can pass easily though their skin. they secret a mucus that helps keep their skin moist. unlike the common frogs found on earth they skin doesn't dry out easily.

they don't lose moisture as quickly. still in a pinch they can rely on dew for moisture, or burrow underground into moist soil. about once a week Toadians shed their skin. unlike earth frogs Toadians do not eat their own skin. rather their use their skin to manufacture clothing.

like wish the mucus that helps moist their skin also makes their skin both a conductor and insulator for electricity.

cling to walls: Toadians can cling to objects by van der Waals force . van der Waals forces are distance-dependent interactions between atoms or molecules. Toadians have pads on their feet and hands with many microscopic hairs. this increase the Van der Waals forces between their feet or hands and a surface.

Toadians have more stickiness than a Gecko. this stickiness allows them to cling with to objects such as walls with out have a large surface area. they have a van der Waals interaction ten times that of a gecko. their is 9 times more surface area on their fingers and toes than they need to stick to walls.

they can hold their whole body weight on wall by just using three fingers. however since van der walls forces work on the scale of nanometers . any thing that covers their hands and feet even if it's very thin will interfere with that interaction. same goes for a electric field. however this only counts for a electric field that is a external.

normally a electric field would not interfere with a Toadians ability to climb, but if said electric field is a external one it will interfere with a Toadian's ability to stick to things.

Inflation: Toadians can increase the size of their muscles and bones by inflating themselves. this does not increase their power level it just makes them look bigger than they actually are. their skin is highly elastic. they inflate themselves with poison gas they keep inside small poison sacs.

tongue: Toadians Tongues are ultra soft shock absorbers. this makes their tongues highly resilient to impacts. their tongues are very strong and are more than capable of support a Toadian's entire body weight. their tongues don't have the same amount of stickiness that their hands and feet do.

so to get around this Toadians have a saliva that is a non-Newtonian fluid. That means it can behave as both a liquid and a solid. This unusual combination of tongue and saliva allows a Toadians tongue to stick to things. their tongue stretches out like a bungee cord.

When a Toadians tongue smacks into something he saliva becomes more liquid and spreads into all the cracks and crevices of the thing it touches. as a Toadian retracts their tongue , their saliva a thickens, making it harder for something to separate itself from their tongue. they tongues have good electric conductivity and good thermal insulation

Poison sacs: Toadians have small sacs located throughout various parts of their body in use they used to store poison from certain poisonous insects they eat.

Poison: when inflate Toadians can spew out Poisonous gas. doing so causes them to deflate. the poisonous gas they spew causes vertigo and hallucinations otherwise it's not actually lethal.

regeneration : Toadians are able to regenerate their eyes if damage. they can regenerating a limbs at the elbow and knee joints. Toadians regeneration is consider to be intermediate and pales to the regeneration capability of a . Replita. Humans would have what would be consider to be on the low end of regeneration.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-02-2018 at 02:50 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Incredible Member

Okay, why did I spend all this time thinking up this silly backstory? Ack. Anyways, Riesling soon. Crazy lady. Possibly former GoD candidate. Possibly even sealed up so long she went even crazier. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Okay, why did I spend all this time thinking up this silly backstory? Ack. Anyways, Riesling soon. Crazy lady. Possibly former GoD candidate. Possibly even sealed up so long she went even crazier. Who knows?
    Oooh, I might need to tell you something. Unless you've already spoken with Cleric ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Oooh, I might need to tell you something. Unless you've already spoken with Cleric ?
    Not yet. Spill the beans, CoR!

Sorry about my lack of activity lately. My dad decided to pay me a visit at the last second, so I've been entertaining him for the last few days. I should be free in the next day or two, so I'll catch up then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Subtext aside, this would be a pretty sick dual-tech.
    Dear god, the impaling would be enough to make Uncle Vlad proud.

Also, I've decided that instead of "Filters Ki into the ground" it's now going to be edited to "Impregnates the ground with his ki."

Mostly because that makes you think of spear shaped objects, which is Held's entire thing.

Also, I feel like it subtly jabs at Ishtar on several levels.

.....I also felt like I'm using puns on so many levels I don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Dear god, the impaling would be enough to make Uncle Vlad proud.

Also, I've decided that instead of "Filters Ki into the ground" it's now going to be edited to "Impregnates the ground with his ki."

Mostly because that makes you think of spear shaped objects, which is Held's entire thing.

Also, I feel like it subtly jabs at Ishtar on several levels.

.....I also felt like I'm using puns on so many levels I don't even.
    The ability Ishtar has is based off of the Zoroastrian "Lady of the Earth" accepting the Seed from the First Bull.

I win again.

Really, most of Ishtar's stuff has to do with sex. Even her namesake was known as a Goddess of Love.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Sorry about my lack of activity lately. My dad decided to pay me a visit at the last second, so I've been entertaining him for the last few days. I should be free in the next day or two, so I'll catch up then.
    There shoudl be time, I don't think any major developements will happen until this weekend.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I mean, your dad is free to join the game, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I mean, your dad is free to join the game, too.
    We should be grateful that my husband is too busy to join. [Not that he would]
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member

The ability Ishtar has is based off of the Zoroastrian "Lady of the Earth" accepting the Seed from the First Bull.

I win again.

Really, most of Ishtar's stuff has to do with sex. Even her namesake was known as a Goddess of Love.
    Oh, boy. Just wait until I send you that list of ideas I had for Riesling's techniques.

changes for Praxat

1 speed of Energy tongue barrage is now listed as Mach 10

2 her max Speed while in Hyper charge is listed as Mach 20
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.