Page 458 of 719 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    If it's the "drunk on his own honeyed words barb", that's about how he's high on his own narrative of being a loving God; despite proving to be nothing of the sort.

Of course if Asha'rah wants to take it that way, by all means.
    Ohhhh, sorry, misread that. Ishtar thinks Asha'rah thinks of herself as a loving god. Wow.

I mean, I guess in some sense. But definitely not in the way we would usually think of that phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Ohhhh, sorry, misread that. Ishtar thinks Asha'rah thinks of herself as a loving god. Wow.

I mean, I guess in some sense. But definitely not in the way we would usually think of that phrase.
    Same vein, yea. The way Asha'rah presents herself is not what Ishtar sees.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Grinthorn and Ishtar, please.
    Ah, and there we have it.

...now where did you stash that Grinthron biography lol

...actually yeah link me up, I got a hot fix for that as well.

EDIT:

Found our best boi

Should probably give him an article.

Oh yeah, we have a wiki, Cleric. You been at this a long time.
    Last edited by grampagen; 12-19-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Honestly, I kinda wanted an Alt-Zaofan and Alt-Charco romantic angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Honestly, I kinda wanted an Alt-Zaofan and Alt-Charco romantic angle.
    Seconded, really. It's pretty interesting.

But then it might fall into that cliche that at least one gay person must die.

Retired Overlord

Hey, figured I'd just make this one for a laugh....no clue if it'll be used or not.

Name: Etrina

Race/Species: Human

Appearance:

Power Level: 3

Style: None

Techniques: None

Items: None

Special: None

History:
    The alternate existence of the girl who did not become "Etrina Stoltengarde". The last name of this Etrina is inconsequential, as was her entire existence. A lackluster mage from a disgraced family. A poor student who only excelled in self delusion while slapping away the hands of her peers. One who hated to be looked down upon yet consider even the most innocent of aid offers to be the heights of condescension.....and thus never improved. Poor in spellcraft, poor in magical attainment, poor in motivation.......

....and yet hidden within her was a diamond in the rough. An attunment for Familiar Summoning unrivaled among the mage community....One that led to the summoning of something deep and dark.

A being bound to her existence, a mental construct of pure unbending order. An enforcer of twisted law. A Super-Ego.

In many ways she had succeeded in what few mages in her world could only dream, but in others she had been cursed. She was now the eyes of a storm of her own making...both the master and slave of her inner demon. An unbending, force of nature twisted by the scarred moral landscape that served her whims....even those she was unaware she had.

One by one, the ones who looked down upon her met their ends in the most brutal of ways. The young girl lillet who had offered her part of her lunch in pity, the young boy who jokingly asked her out, the brat helena who offered to help her with her studies while she laughed behind her back. All of them....weither Etrina wanted it to happen or not, her familiar carried out the will that was deep inside. Her teacher......her parents.......those she always suspected of looking down their noses at her.

.....and when the realization mired her soul in pitch and she tried to escape by the only means she could.....she was denied even that. The cold blade of the knife didn't even make the distance to her neck before the blade snapped in the Familiars hand, leaving her only the hilt. The rope was cut before she could kick the chair. The fall off the building ended caught in her arms......she attempted to turn herself in, but succeeded only in the murder of many more innocent.

In the end.....she realized that deep inside she was a coward that didn't want to die, even after everything she had caused. That was the reason it would not let her die.......

.....and yet......a part of her did die.....

The part that cared.

She was, effectively, Invincible. No mage or man or creature that walked upon the earth seemed to so much as be able to touch her.....so powerful was her guardian familiar. She buried her fear of death under an ego as thick as sludge and just as vile, The judgment of other meant nothing to her, the morality of others meant nothing.....her will was the one that mattered in this world.

Let them prostrate at her feet, scraping against the dirt in submission......as the SHEEP deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Hey, figured I'd just make this one for a laugh....no clue if it'll be used or not.

Name: Etrina

Race/Species: Human

Appearance:

Power Level: 3

Style: None

Techniques: None

Items: None

Special: None

History:
    The alternate existence of the girl who did not become "Etrina Stoltengarde". The last name of this Etrina is inconsequential, as was her entire existence. A lackluster mage from a disgraced family. A poor student who only excelled in self delusion while slapping away the hands of her peers. One who hated to be looked down upon yet consider even the most innocent of aid offers to be the heights of condescension.....and thus never improved. Poor in spellcraft, poor in magical attainment, poor in motivation.......

....and yet hidden within her was a diamond in the rough. An attunment for Familiar Summoning unrivaled among the mage community....One that led to the summoning of something deep and dark.

A being bound to her existence, a mental construct of pure unbending order. An enforcer of twisted law. A Super-Ego.

In many ways she had succeeded in what few mages in her world could only dream, but in others she had been cursed. She was now the eyes of a storm of her own making...both the master and slave of her inner demon. An unbending, force of nature twisted by the scarred moral landscape that served her whims....even those she was unaware she had.

One by one, the ones who looked down upon her met their ends in the most brutal of ways. The young girl lillet who had offered her part of her lunch in pity, the young boy who jokingly asked her out, the brat helena who offered to help her with her studies while she laughed behind her back. All of them....weither Etrina wanted it to happen or not, her familiar carried out the will that was deep inside. Her teacher......her parents.......those she always suspected of looking down their noses at her.

.....and when the realization mired her soul in pitch and she tried to escape by the only means she could.....she was denied even that. The cold blade of the knife didn't even make the distance to her neck before the blade snapped in the Familiars hand, leaving her only the hilt. The rope was cut before she could kick the chair. The fall off the building ended caught in her arms......she attempted to turn herself in, but succeeded only in the murder of many more innocent.

In the end.....she realized that deep inside she was a coward that didn't want to die, even after everything she had caused. That was the reason it would not let her die.......

.....and yet......a part of her did die.....

The part that cared.

She was, effectively, Invincible. No mage or man or creature that walked upon the earth seemed to so much as be able to touch her.....so powerful was her guardian familiar. She buried her fear of death under an ego as thick as sludge and just as vile, The judgment of other meant nothing to her, the morality of others meant nothing.....her will was the one that mattered in this world.

Let them prostrate at her feet, scraping against the dirt in submission......as the SHEEP deserved.
    Asha'rah would have a ball of a time talking to her.

Retired Overlord

Name: Tabu-Rosa

Race/Species: Super-Ego

Appearance:

Power Level: ??

Style: Judgement

Techniques: Unknown

Items: Sword of Unbending Will

Special: Operates much like a Stand, always near Etrina but only seen when she needs to be seen.

History:
    By herself, Etrina is a weak child.....but one who possesses a unbending, if corrupt, force of will. A sense of morality twisted by years of guilt and unending suspicion of others. When combined with her spark for familiar summoning, this combination gave birth to a being of indescribable destructive power.

A Super Ego, Tabu Rosa.

A force representing the rule of morality in the mind, the judge from which all guilt springs. But in a diseased mind....this morality can be twisted, and so too can the Super-Ego that spawns from it. Such is the existence of Rosa, a super ego that exists to enforce the law of her own twisted morals.

The innocent cannot exist, as all are born guilty. The guilty cannot be afforded to exist, as they are unworthy and will spreed their corruption and depravity in time.

She is the burning blade that executes judgement upon the festering masses. The Antithesis of Desire.

Yet she is also servant to a master who has succumb to desire....a master that can not longer feel guilt. Bound to neither harm not allow harm to be done to her...she is but the executor of her will, intimately linked to the foul desires that perverse what should be her purity of being. A super ego afflicted with desire.....a desire beneath her ordered expression and lawful yet cruel actions.

The desire to see the world burn, and for her master to be the one who watches her burn it.....until nothing remains.

And when all that remains is her and her guilt......that will be a punishment worthy of a Super Ego.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah would have a ball of a time talking to her.
    Is that code for her hitting with her balls?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Is that code for her hitting with her balls?
    Since this Etrina is indeterminate gender, I'm assuming this implies Asha'rah would try for a testicle crush.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ah, and there we have it.

...now where did you stash that Grinthron biography lol

...actually yeah link me up, I got a hot fix for that as well.

EDIT:

Found our best boi

Should probably give him an article.

Oh yeah, we have a wiki, Cleric. You been at this a long time.
    Heh, no kidding. That’s awesome.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I..ah, I notice some......minor error in a certain someone’s name in the list of Codex players.

<.<

>.>

I may have laughed.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Some preliminary design sketches. I think I could use some notes :/

Don't hesitate to ask for emphasis, details, and what have you.

What a creepyboi.

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The grin is suitably creepy
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!