Page 501 of 719 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 10777

I'm all for it.

Let's see what we're working with.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

A few new abilities since I'm a bit behind.

Active Abilities

Fukushuu: Bajada Surge - Coalescing the ghostly hakai of Rex's Fukushuu into numerous needle-like constructs, this ability is designed to overwhelm an opponent through sheer numbers alone, the poisonous nature of the energy makes it all the more harrowing.

Fukushuu: Neuquen Phalanx - Similar to the Bajada Surge, this ability creates constructs of Fukushuu, but as its name implies, the Phalanx is comprised of several shield-like ki projectiles. These shields can be used for basic defense and offense by physically battering the opponent. For those of a more crueler persuasion, such as the creator himself, they can be used to entrap the opponent by surrounding them before closing in and crushing them.

Fukushuu: Pachyrhino Lance - With enough exposure to the ghostly hakai, either through lingering too long in the miasma-like form that lingers from Rex's passing, or being struck by another ability powered by it, an opponent will find their extremities going numb and locking up as if being frozen over. During this state of paralysis, Rex can forcibly draw out the victim's energy and fashions it into a long, blade-like construct that he then uses against them. This technique is not a typical one meant for combat, but rather a cruel coup de grace to a helpless foe.

Passive Ability

Lizard's Tail - One of the innate abilities of Rex, passed down onto Charco, is the power to regenerate beyond a normal human's limits. While obvious fatal injuries will still affect him as it would any other human, he can regrow limbs and body parts if given enough time. Rex's ability Only the STRONGEST Survives can increase the rate of regeneration to nearly instantaneous speeds if enough energy is consumed.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 02-22-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ehh....nah, at this point the slots would open up methinks.
    Hmm...let's not be hasty. We already got nearly 20 slots each.

I guess this would be verified on a case by case basis.

Certainly some of us have more gift techs than others too *raises hand*

I dunno. Can we come to a consensus of some hard ruling? Additional special slots I think should come at some.. 'slot' cost, right?

Ie; characters with magical affinity, certain spell disciplines would qualify as 'special', right? Ie Vitalmancy, etc.

The aforementioned racial traits were where we started too, so certain aspects should be consistent (ie zenkai, Threshling physiology, Freezas can breathe in space)

...again might be overthinking it, i dunno

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hmm...let's not be hasty. We already got nearly 20 slots each.

I guess this would be verified on a case by case basis.

Certainly some of us have more gift techs than others too *raises hand*

I dunno. Can we come to a consensus of some hard ruling? Additional special slots I think should come at some.. 'slot' cost, right?

Ie; characters with magical affinity, certain spell disciplines would qualify as 'special', right? Ie Vitalmancy, etc.

The aforementioned racial traits were where we started too, so certain aspects should be consistent (ie zenkai, Threshling physiology, Freezas can breathe in space)

...again might be overthinking it, i dunno
    Also a fair point.

Hmm.......I shall leave it to my players consensus, methinks, for the moment. What day all of you?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Also a fair point.

Hmm.......I shall leave it to my players consensus, methinks, for the moment. What day all of you?
    I'm for it. I already did anyway lol
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Also a fair point.

I actually agree with Gen. It seems odd to just handwave the racial things as not counting. And then we get into what about people who lack racial bonuses, or freebie skills, etc. It would be hard to really divide it evenly without a framework.

It gets sorta convoluted, and feels. Abit loose for my tastes.

Admittedly, I might be a bad source since I have an arsenals worth of upgrades hiding for Held.

I'll...opt for case my case, myself in regards to Ochazuke.

I'm on the road and don't want to eat up your pm space so ill retrun to Ochazuke's particular kit later.

I think certain passive abilities could be a game changer. Since they're always 'on' they change the starting conditions on the campaign scenario. Things like Ocha and Zaofans fire resistance, Sasheems physiology, or little things like not needing to breathe in space.

I dunno. Playing a human character, the baseline was kinda...nothing, which we human mains knew we were getting into and I started Ochazuke off with 2 specials from martia arts stuff. Were i to float some techs over, they would have to be ones that affect his starting condition (ie the skill-based techs of his Senshin series) and to balance this, i wouldn't expect to get them for free.

I also recall the policy for Tech Slots is 1 new tech or 2 upgrades, so that factors into things as well.

...so we need, uh...

1) Confirmation of 'baseline' racial traits where applicable
    2) Corresponding numeration where tech points would apply

If thats overcomplicating things, its because I had a case of too many coffeea for lunch today

Sasheem's eighteenth ability (Still got one left). This look good, Cleric?

Incomplete Yamata No Orochi Fist- The hidden technique of Doku and his Snake School, not yet fully realized. Eight Spectral Serpents formed from venomous ki, weave in and out of existence, emanating venomous ki so potent it begins to burn a hole in existence....as well as the user. When striking the victim, they strike both body and soul, poisoning both.

At first I thought about this fro Meagan, but decided it is better for Dash.

Turbine - Simply put, the faster she moves, the more powerful Dash becomes. (Still working out the math for this.)
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    At first I thought about this fro Meagan, but decided it is better for Dash.

Turbine - Simply put, the faster she moves, the more powerful Dash becomes. (Still working out the math for this.)
    That has a possibility to stack infinitely. Since she gets more powerful the faster she gets, and all DBZ characters get faster the more powerful they get... you get where I'm going with this.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That has a possibility to stack infinitely. Since she gets more powerful the faster she gets, and all DBZ characters get faster the more powerful they get... you get where I'm going with this.
    Also like ... how is she going to move faster here ?

Like she just starts running and the act of running makes her stronger, which means she can run faster, which means she gets stronger, etc, etc ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

New abilities updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    A few new abilities since I'm a bit behind.

Active Abilities

Fukushuu: Bajada Surge - Coalescing the ghostly hakai of Rex's Fukushuu into numerous needle-like constructs, this ability is designed to overwhelm an opponent through sheer numbers alone, the poisonous nature of the energy makes it all the more harrowing.

Fukushuu: Neuquen Phalanx - Similar to the Bajada Surge, this ability creates constructs of Fukushuu, but as its name implies, the Phalanx is comprised of several shield-like ki projectiles. These shields can be used for basic defense and offense by physically battering the opponent. For those of a more crueler persuasion, such as the creator himself, they can be used to entrap the opponent by surrounding them before closing in and crushing them.

Fukushuu: Pachyrhino Lance - With enough exposure to the ghostly hakai, either through lingering too long in the miasma-like form that lingers from Rex's passing, or being struck by another ability powered by it, an opponent will find their extremities going numb and locking up as if being frozen over. During this state of paralysis, Rex can forcibly draw out the victim's energy and fashions it into a long, blade-like construct that he then uses against them. This technique is not a typical one meant for combat, but rather a cruel coup de grace to a helpless foe.

Passive Ability

Lizard's Tail - One of the innate abilities of Rex, passed down onto Charco, is the power to regenerate beyond a normal human's limits. While obvious fatal injuries will still affect him as it would any other human, he can regrow limbs and body parts if given enough time. Rex's ability Only the STRONGEST Survives can increase the rate of regeneration to nearly instantaneous speeds if enough energy is consumed.

Two new abilities for Sarada to replace her passives:

Queenly Might: Sarada's constant training with Ishtar in the underground training facility under the palace has culminated in the ability to boost her durability temporarily. When this ability is activated, Sarada's ability to take hits increases by 50% her current PL for a duration of 7 turns.

Queen's Blade: Sarada forms a pair of energy blades around her hands. The size of these blades varies from 1 foot to 3 feet.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I'll...opt for case my case, myself in regards to Ochazuke.

I'm on the road and don't want to eat up your pm space so ill retrun to Ochazuke's particular kit later.

*snip

*Playing a human character, the baseline was kinda...nothing, which we human mains knew we were getting into and I started Ochazuke off with 2 specials from martia arts stuff. Were i to float some techs over, they would have to be ones that affect his starting condition (ie the skill-based techs of his Senshin series) and to balance this, i wouldn't expect to get them for free.

I also recall the policy for Tech Slots is 1 new tech or 2 upgrades, so that factors into things as well.

1) Confirmation of 'baseline' racial traits where applicable
    2) Corresponding numeration where tech points would apply
    I'm a bit tired after a rather pressing day, but I think my powers of articulation might have failed me. I guess I'll use Ochazuke as an example. Perhaps If I throw words at the screen some of them will make sense.

Current special section:

1) Mumonkan; 2) Kikojutsu

These two are skill-based, though are largely flavour text, Mumonkan being sort of the philosphical core of Battle Meditation and Kikojutsu being a descriptor of a certain branch of techniques. While they are not explicit skills - ie; they render no action while in play - they inform certain capacities of Ochazuke, in some fashion.

Examining the next portion of the loose proposal:

Racial perks: Human (none)

...pretty straightforward. If he was a Saiyan, there would be Zenkai and Oozaru; Namekian, regeneration and extendable limbs; Threshling, pliable anatomy, etc. So far these have been consistent where player characters have established or intersected.

Passive Skills:

Now here things might get a bit murkier. Again, using Ochazuke as an example...just gonna scroll down the list in order as I see potential passive skills...

1) Kei'i-Ken (Critical Hit rate +)
    2) Kenpo Gokui [fighting skill+)
    3) Shoshin Hiei (agility/evasion +)
    4) Zanshin Touki (successful hit x2 damage)
    5) Mushin Nehan (+Hit %, + luck)
    6) Banjakuza (Interrupt enemy passive)
    7) Shinkeisuji-do (Pressure-point resistance)
    8) Karura no kaen (elemental resistance)

Possibly also Kyokushin Keihatsu (Battle Meditation), although that's an acquired skill not something innate, but YMMV.

Since 2 of those are subquest acquisitions, if I lumped them into passive skills I would potentially have 6 open slots, and that's kind of a busted precedent now that I think about it.

Again, just inquiring, and it might just be me splitting hairs while the words evade me.

Wow, how am I only 4 abilities behind? I'll work on updating Adam but I'm not 100% on if I can return to the game yet.

Here are Adam's new powers, I also replaced his outmoded Paramagnetic Tether Beam as it's not needed anymore.

Spatial Dilation Projector
    Adam has learned how to bend space, shortening the distance between here and there, or extending it, in ways undetectable to most beings or devices. To an observer, a projectile moving through extended space seems to slow in mid flight, while in shortened space it moves significantly faster.

Thousand Wounds Persistence
    Adam can control parts of itself remotely now, and can set those fragments to perform a series of repeated tasks. While useful for extended mundane tasks, in battle Adam can leave a few drops of itself in a wound it causes, then set those drops to become cruel spinning razors that burrow into it's enemy.

Omnimodal Overdrive Module
    By deactivating certain functions, Adam can push others to greater heights. When the following systems are shut down, Adam's other functions and physical abilities increase by 40%:
    Essence Pulse Cannon
    Thousand Wounds Persistence
    Spacial Distortion Projector
    Impenetrable Repulsor Field
    Torodial Shockwave Catalyst
    Gear Catches Gear Defense

Essence Pulse Cannon
    After studying the abilities of various species and individuals to project bioenergy, and the integration of 4,294,967,200 different alien weapon technologies, Adam has combined and optimized these methods. It can now create the most efficient form of energy projection weapon in the universe (barring unforeseen data), reducing the draw on it's energy reserves by 50%.

Municipal Expansion Program
    Adam has become more than what his creator intended. It has optimized production of it's own simulacrum cells and has constructed several trillion more of them, increasing it's mass exponentially. Without it's Spacial Distortion Projector (and when using Omnimodal Overdrive) to mask volume and Personal Gravity Manipulation Apparatus to alter it's weight, Adam's true size is revealed, seven meters tall and weighing fifteen tons.
    Last edited by rhyvurg; 02-23-2019 at 02:51 AM.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard