Page 504 of 719 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 10777
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Held is just a Drunken Master.
    One day Held will be smashed and have to fight off a powerful opponent.

....One day. ;_;

INB4 Held is drunk out of his mind and storms the tournament floor and starts fucking up the security guards.

CLERIC.

Astonishing Member

**** it.

Flam, Holt, AltSasheem, Brandenburg, Calamon, Charco, Solaris.

I imagine Held bet on Bekon, cause Saiyan.

Asha'rah's good in pure hand to hand, but doesn't quite have the resilience of the top tiers, so it's a bad idea for her to duke it out face to face with the likes of Sarada, Ochazuke, etc. She's probably by default the least-skilled weapon user (dimensional hammer). Unless you count her orbs as weapons.

Preview of the four new techniques for Meagan

1. Rapid Movement – Uses RftL to create brief spurts of speed so great it verges on teleportation.
    2. Punishment Drive – A rush attack that uses rapid movement and invisibility. Done successfully, it lands multiple, rainbow trailed, invisible blows on the opponent designed to stun them. By stunning them it creates an opening for attack. Optional: Once stunned, she moves in fast, landing multiple kicks and attacks to vulnerable spots after leaping and back-flipping over them to attack from above at first.
    3. Stardust Break-Dance – Raising two hands above her head, she creates two rainbow colored spheres of energy, one in each hand. She then smashes the spheres together, crushing them into energy dust. Once crushed, she throws the scattered energy blast at her opponent. The blast will disintegrate those that are evil, disintegrate their souls. For those possessed by evil, it will purify them. For those who are not evil, it will not harm them though it will drain away half of their energy.
    4. Third Eye Never Blind - A defensive function of the Third Eye. A defense against magic, psychic, or more esoteric attacks. But only if from one on a power level around the same as her own. It only defends from attacks that she is not aware of, unexpected, surprise, or sneak attacks. At least at this level.

Comments welcome
    Last edited by Tami; 02-24-2019 at 09:06 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Preview of the four new techniques for Meagan

1. Rapid Movement – Uses RftL to create brief spurts of speed so great it verges on teleportation.
    2. Punishment Drive – A rush attack that uses rapid movement and invisibility. Done successfully, it lands multiple, rainbow trailed, invisible blows on the opponent designed to stun them. By stunning them it creates an opening for attack. Once stunned, she moves in fast, landing multiple kicks and attacks to vulnerable spots after leaping and back-flipping over them to attack from above at first.
    3. Stardust Break-Dance – Raising two hands above her head, she creates two rainbow colored spheres of energy, one in each hand. She then smashes the spheres together, crushing them into energy dust. Once crushed, she throws the scattered energy blast at her opponent. The blast will disintegrate those that are evil, disintegrate their souls. For those possessed by evil, it will purify them. For those who are not evil, it will not harm them though it will drain away half of their energy.
    4. Third Eye Never Blind - A defensive function of the Third Eye. A defense against magic, psychic, or more esoteric attacks. But only if from one on a power level around the same as her own. It only defends from attacks that she is not aware of, unexpected, surprise, or sneak attacks. At least at this level.

Comments welcome
    I think Stardust Disco is a more apt name.

So, as it's written, Stardust Break-Dance is a one-shot, energy draining, soul disintegrating, soul purifying attack.

Bit much, to say the least.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Since I take power level descriptions with a fat pinch of salt as to how utterly unstoppable they are, my primary question about Stardust Break-Dance is the definition of evil. Is it what the user perceives as evil? What the GM does? What the original creator of the technique does?

There's no universally agreed upon description of evil, is what I'm saying.

New Tasure move

Stop it - Hey, cut it out.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

A refresher course/spark notes on Charco and Rex's current list of abilities... mostly because I need to remember it.

Note: Some of these are passives/freebies, while a few are a combination of abilities that are named.

CHARCO

1.) Ankylo Smash - Single attack that deals full base power level in damage.
    2.) Brachio Stomp - Creates a vortex that draws in opponents before smashing them into the ground and bouncing them into the air.
    3.) Charco REX, Awakening - Initial stage of transformation. Boosts base PL up to a current maximum of x5 before Charco is fully taken over by Rex.
    4.) Carnotaurus Charge - Brief burst of speed in a given direction.
    5.) KameTyrannoHa - Catches an opponent's energy blast before using that energy to create a Tyranno Blast.
    6.) Kentro Spike - Creates spike-like energy constructs that can be used for enhanced melee or projectiles.
    7.) Lain's Fang - Cursed by a Nevadian Sword that shields him from all effects of magic, but also renders him unable to properly comprehend it.
    8.) Lizard's Tail - Regeneration. Slow to other species' standards, but beyond the limits of an average human.
    9.) Pachycephalo Strike - An Ankylo Smash enhanced by kikojutsu dealing damage way beyond what should be possible for Charco at the cost of his life energy.
    10.) ParaSHOUTolophus - Fus Ro Da
    11.) Ptera Slash - An attack that creates a vacuum blade.
    12.) Spino Grasp - Channels the energy of a Tyranno Blast into one hand to deal at point-blank range.
    13.) Thyreophora - Forcibly shifts a user's chi pathways in order to enhance Charco's strength and defense at the cost of his speed, agility. Detonates if not properly expended within the time limit. PL boost depending on which state Charco is in (1/2 at state 2, x2 at state 3, x4 in state four) with the fourth being at fatal levels.
    14.) Terrible Claw - Channels chi to razor sharpness
    15.) Tyranno Blast - Trademark energy blast designed to grab the opponent.

REX

1.) Atomic Breath - Halt's an upcoming blast with a ParaSHOUTolophus before firing it back.
    2.) Fukushuu - Ghost Hakai. The energy of the death acts as a poison to those living.
    3.) Fukushuu: Bajada Surge - Creates needle-like constructs of Fukushuu to riddle the opponent.
    4.) Fukushuu: Neuquen Phalanx - Creates shield-like constructs of Fukushuu to defend, batter, and crush
    5.) Fukushuu: Pachyrhino Lance - Once the effects of Fukushuu renders an opponent immobile, Rex draws out their energy and creates a lance-like construct before stabbing them with it.
    6.) Only the STRONGEST Survives - Regains energy and health by consuming an enemy, physically or their energy.
    7.) Tricera Bash - Skewers an opponent with three beams, holding them in place before launching a blast through the beams.
    8.) Yucatan Crash - Spirit bomb-like projectile using Fukushuu.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 02-24-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

As far as the first one goes Tami, I got two questions. 1) What does RftL mean? 2) Wouldn't this power fit Dash better since speed is her entire schtick?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ranch Fritters, Tomato Lazana.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Well, alright then. In the interest of transparency - unless it's especially relevant to plot reveals - I guess we can do the breakdowns here...

...I think I'll keep Ochazuke more or less where he is - ironically enough - but I would like to add notes to inform the subsets of techniques I guess?

In the vein of things which are always 'on', since the journey's started he has gained Fire Resistance with the Dragon School training, Pressure Point Resistance way back when he was training to counter Chris the Knife, knowledge of Nullification Energy by studying Junjo tech and working them into Kongosho and Saifa Kensaku, and with the reveal of the Spirit Bomb, I'm trying to figure out how to define Genki; I swear there was something about goodness or pure intentions in there, but I might be mixing that up with Seiko ki (Holy energy) from Yuyu Hakusho, don't want to tread on anyone's niche.

Kenpo Gokui right now is flavour text and requires additional plot to unlock. Quantifying fighting skill is really murky, so I'll leave that to the judgment of others.
    So in the interest of fair play, Ochazuke's 'special' section will mostly encompass systems which inform his skillset. As a human, there's nothing particularly innate to these, since these were all the product of campaign encounters and the pursuit of training.

I suppose it would probably be something like this now:

1) Mumonkan - philosophy related to analysis, understanding and breaking limitations through Battle Meditation [Starter]
    2) Kikojutsu - techniques for using life energy to shatter physical and ki limitations (with great sacrifice) [Starter]
    3) Dragon's Endurance - Elemental resistance [Subquest Acquisition]
    4) Nullification - A specific frequency of ki technique, discovered after his prolonged exposure and analysis of Junjo stunners [Campaign acquisiton]
    5) Shinkeisuji-do - Pressure point resistance [Subquest Acquisition]

And a proposal for another:

6) Genki - 元気 - The ability to summon, absorb and transfer external sources of living energy. Mastery of this technique requires the utmost skill and clarity of intent to both find the sources of willful intent and to gather it into a focused form. Because the energy is summoned from more than a single will, techniques using Genki are bolstered by the unification of their intent forming a cohesive whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. This grants them increased efficacy where incorporated by the user.
    Stipulations:
    • The energy must be voluntarily and willfully granted to the user
    • Harmonization of intention is crucial to properly harness the energy

Thoughts and feedback?
    Last edited by grampagen; 02-25-2019 at 12:36 AM.

I was basing the tech off the original as depicted in the video clip and in the DB Wiki. However, I'm fine with adjusting it or making it less powerful. I'll think on it.

I'm still thinking about rather or not to give Toadian's the ability to store items in their stomachs .
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-25-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I'm still thinking about rather or not to give Toadian's the ability to store items in their stomachs .
    We already have two player characters that can do that, Erosa and Shaseem. I think having an entire race doing that might be a bit much. Still, the decision is yours.