Page 516 of 719 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Asha'rah's lack of reaction to Erosa dying is what I meant.
    Getting on my case was in reference to being present when Ishtar and Zurvan had their convo.

I was feeling writer's block somewhat the day I wrote the post not going to aid Erosa, but the essence of Asha'rah's reaction was deliberate on my part. A bunch of factors play into getting these vastly different reactions out of Asha'rah.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Getting on my case was in reference to being present when Ishtar and Zurvan had their convo.

I was feeling writer's block somewhat the day I wrote the post not going to aid Erosa, but the essence of Asha'rah's reaction was deliberate on my part. A bunch of factors play into getting these vastly different reactions out of Asha'rah.
    I see. We'll parse through those factors in-game when Haru and Glacia are dealt with
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

...the Time PVR is still running, right? Samson is such a G.

...also I'm going to be delayed in a responding to that, Cleric. Thursday at the latest, I swear.

I'm pretty sure that chaff wall is impenetrable Earthside, and IIRC it's a blindspot for those on the other side.

If not, I'll edit.

Uh, Falcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ishtar, Erosa’s body heals. The grevious wound closes, and before you the body remains pristine.

OT: Badass useage of the fruits, by the way.

IC:

The trio remain locked in place, tethering her soul. Evangeline looks at you.

Her body isn’t the issue, Ishtar. We can’t reinhabit her soul, we tried but we cannot. It seems only Etrina can due to their connection. We can keep it here, away from what awaits it, but only Etrina can do what need being done. Finish this bitch and get Etrina back in her right mind!” Eva pleads, sweat beading on her head. She wasn’t a real mage like the others, and it was through sheer force of will and bending what little divine ki she has that has let her last this long.

Ishtar you do notice that your efforts, your very Oni nature, does seem to strengthen the tethers the three have made though. You might not be able to call her soul back yourself, but you certainly bolstered their efforts.
    There is a particular matter Asha'rah may wish to tend to that stands apart from Ishtar where it concerns Erosa.

And I don't mean to force the moment, but Ochazuke just dragged Glacia into the stratosphere with a Spirit Bomb clustered in his right hand, so...

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Uh, Falcon?

There is a particular matter Asha'rah may wish to tend to that stands apart from Ishtar where it concerns Erosa.

And I don't mean to force the moment, but Ochazuke just dragged Glacia into the stratosphere with a Spirit Bomb clustered in his right hand, so...
    There also seems to be a misunderstanding about who is "helping" Erosa.

Evangeline, Anula, and Pike are struggling to keep Erosa's soul from being consumed (which might permanently kill her ?) by an Eldritch Monstrosity. Ishtar isn't involved in this at all, until after she realizes Asha'rah isn't going to bother helping. Ishtar also, has only ever healed moderate non-fatal injuries at best; and definitely not the kind that caused this situation in the first place (Erosa had her head blown off, basically).
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    There also seems to be a misunderstanding about who is "helping" Erosa.

Evangeline, Anula, and Pike are struggling to keep Erosa's soul from being consumed (which might permanently kill her ?) by an Eldritch Monstrosity. Ishtar isn't involved in this at all, until after she realizes Asha'rah isn't going to bother helping. Ishtar also, has only ever healed moderate non-fatal injuries at best; and definitely not the kind that caused this situation in the first place (Erosa had her head blown off, basically).
    May I ask, where is this happening? Where are they trying to save Erosa? Is it near the battlefield? Or the Lookout? Or someplace else?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    May I ask, where is this happening? Where are they trying to save Erosa? Is it near the battlefield? Or the Lookout? Or someplace else?
    The lookout, but the Eldritch monster thing can only be seen by a few people. Sandy can explain it better.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Uh, Falcon?

I did miss that. Yeah, now that the immediate danger of disruption to the existing medical help is gone, Asha'rah will turn her attention to Erosa and Etrina.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The lookout, but the Eldritch monster thing can only be seen by a few people. Sandy can explain it better.
    I might have Dash and Cyanna head back to the lookout. I have a feeling they might be more useful there.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I did miss that. Yeah, now that the immediate danger of disruption to the existing medical help is gone, Asha'rah will turn her attention to Erosa and Etrina.
    Was never really a threat of that.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Was never really a threat of that.
    What is your reasoning behind that when a battle was still ongoing ehere the wounded party is being treated?

What is your reasoning behind that when a battle was still ongoing ehere the wounded party is being treated?
    When Asha'rah shows up to the fight (after deciding to leave helping Erosa to other people), Glacia is in the process of getting her ass beat.

Thanks to clever teamwork (and one hell of a Tri-Tech from Ochazuke, Tasure, and Ishtar), Ishtar's managed to rip all of the Katchin out of her, and forced her to tear her arm off; while also slowing her regeneration down considerably. Etrina due to Majin'ing out, and the distraction from the others, has reopened every wound Glacia's received since the Doctor replaced her heart with a battery; and Ochazuke is following all of this up (flanking as Ishtar attacks to grab her for it) with his now charged Spirit Bomb.

Also, Erosa is dead at this point.

As in, her head was blown off. The wounded party isn't being treated at this point, and Glacia has no interest in a corpse. There's also only four people aware there's a chance to save Erosa:

Anula, Asha'rah, Evangeline, and Pike.

Three of those people can't repair the damage to Erosa's body, and are engaged in a losing tug of war for her soul. The other one is Asha'rah.

So at best, the help she left the others to provide ... is them buying time for someone who can rebuild her body, to do that. While they wait for Etrina to return and help wrangle the soul.

Ishtar doesn't even get involved until after Asha'rah decides to trust her to do something the Oni has never done, even.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 03-14-2019 at 10:40 AM. Reason: 'later after' is terrible wording

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

To be perfectly fair, her head wasn’t blown off.

The back of it had a finger death beam blown through it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    To be perfectly fair, her head wasn’t blown off.

The back of it had a finger death beam blown through it.
    Ah, I misunderstood that slightly, then. So sorry about that !

Though ... that doesn't change that Ishtar can't normally heal that kind of damage. Don't think anyone else present can, outside of NPC's, and Asha'rah.

Arx Inosaan