Page 548 of 719 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Workshopping a 19th tech:

Kenpo Gokui: Tai Sabaki (拳法極意: 体捌き "The Inner Secret of Martial Arts: Body-Movement Skill") To meet the opponent, movement is key, for it is the fundamental means to establish the optimum distance and angle in battle. By combining the theory of the Turtle School Afterimage with the Crane School Multiform, the efficiency of Ochazuke's movements is such that he is not only appears to be in two places at once, but like a shadow cast from a moving body, the true intent is linked and concealed within the image. In a melee range he may:

-Perform 2 actions in 1 turn; either 2 separate attempts or a single doubled up (ie; attack/move or attack/attack)
    -Increased evasion, halving received damage/effects

Please let me know what you think.
    So ... essentially just allows Ochazuke to hit harder; or take less damage for a single turn/action ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So ... essentially just allows Ochazuke to hit harder; or take less damage for a single turn/action ?
    Since it's a blend of Afterimage and Multiform, within a certain range he effectively stands in 2 places at once. While using this, if Ochazuke moves, he can double the attack to hit harder, or diverge and try two different attempts at once.

...also I think i found a better clip to envision it:

hmm...will workshop this a bit more later lol

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Her butterflies are Parsley go down, and a moving male Oni form farting towards her and Deputy Charco at high speeds amidst the mist.
    Saved for posterity ��
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-15-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Marduk is Powdered Toast Man, confirmed.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Probability manipulation is okay, but a layered shield is too OP?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Probability manipulation is okay, but a layered shield is too OP?
    Layered shield? I don't understand.

If you mean the ships having a layered shield, then it's up to Cleric if her Teleport can get past it or not. If not, then she'll just land somewhere safe, or somewhere where she needs to be. Cyanna doesn't know if it will work or not, she's just taking a gamble and giving it a try.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-16-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

If you mean the ships having a layered shield, then it's up to Cleric if her Teleport can get past it or not. If not, then she'll just land somewhere safe, or somewhere where she needs to be. Cyanna doesn't know if it will work or not, she's just taking a gamble and giving it a try.
    That was more or less directed at Cleric. Should have made that clear
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

The issue isn't if it works, either. It's having what is essentially low-tier reality warping.

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I think of it more as a ‘potentially powerful but limited by GM’ ability.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I think of it more as a ‘potentially powerful but limited by GM’ ability.
    Aren't all techniques technically that ? Don't see how that protects 'low-tier reality warping'.

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Aren't all techniques technically that ? Don't see how that protects 'low-tier reality warping'.
    Mostly because it’s more of a quirky fun thing I allowed a while ago and she hardly uses it (with the caveat that I determined what would happen).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Mostly because it’s more of a quirky fun thing I allowed a while ago and she hardly uses it (with the caveat that I determined what would happen).
    Well, what the GM says goes I s'pose. No issues with it beyond that

Arx Inosaan

New techs for Karine and Aleka.

Karine:

Illusion Field: By concentrating her magical energies, Karine can create illusions in a small area to fool opponents, even potentially fooling typical senses but it has its drawbacks. For one, if she attacks the illusions will go away or if her concentration is broken. With these two factors, they are far more useful as a support skill for allies then something by herself.

Predator and Prey: It can be considered a inborn magical skill along with a combination of her enhanced senses. When normal sensing fails, she can locate her target by other means such as their heart beat or the more subtle sounds they make if they make any at all. Because of this, she can also this to make a better educated guess if someone is lying if she's actively concentrating with the skill if their breathing and heart beat gives something away. Its by no means full proof.

Aleka:

Meditation Aid: Similar to her earlier technique, she needs to meditate prior to battle to store up the extra energy to give brief burst power to an attack. Unlike the other one, however, this only effects allies. It requires physical contact of some kind for the boost to transfer.(Two times a day for 2x and one times a day for 3x) While limited on the surface level with planning and the right timing combined with other factors, it could be what's needed to turn the tide of a difficult fight if used correctly.

Stuck in an elevator with a legacy of trauma and an ambitious redhead...

Praxat's goggles will be getting an X-Ray vision modification. The modification will allow her goggles to emit non-ionizing radiation that has applications similar to X-radiation (X-rays).

Right now the closet thing to X-Ray vision in real life are devices that use Terahertz waves like this camera.

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-18-2019 at 09:31 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel