Page 554 of 719 FirstFirst ... 54454504544550551552553554555556557558564604654 ... LastLast
Results 8,296 to 8,310 of 10777
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Cleared some space.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Thought I'd make this clear, Dash is at spectator distance. Close enough to see some of what is going on (and possibly to be seen by others), not so close as to be in the middle of things. She has a reason and a purpose for being there, though the timing was mostly just chance.

She'll stay out of it, unless something unexpected happens that draws her into things.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-28-2019 at 07:24 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    By the end of this game, Ishtar's going to be the bad guy. If only because the Gods keep giving her a headache.
    Okay, I'll join you. Held can take the heat.

It's time for Held to reveal he's been employed as a sleeper agent by the Prime Minister of Nevada. Not originally, but in exchange for a full exoneration, he has been commissioned to advance Nevadian interests, during the last time skip.

I mean, Held is innocent, and can prove it, but without the governments backing, he's still effectively blackballed from Nevadian culture. Blizzar just made it so he's not shot or arrested on sight.

Which entails complete subjugation of the Threshlings--Actually, **** it, let's say they are currently Thresling allies, until the other races are taken down-- followed shortly after by the Saiyans, since they have been demilitarizing to a certain extent, there is blood in the water.

Which is why they have been so quiet, they've been coordinating with Held, and preparing. Held says on earth cause it seems to be a nexus point for so many races and events.

NEVADIAN CONQUEST ARC, GO.

MAKE IT HAPPEN CLERIC.

YOU KNOW IT'S A GOOD PLOTLINE.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    As if summoned by Blizzar’s stray thought, Grinthorn and a squad of earth based military police appeared, rounding around a corner of the nearby Cryogenic lab.

“Ahh, the illustrious Doctor Gero. Well done, Officer Blizzar. Princess Parsley. Master Ochazuke. Seems you caught quite the criminal. Her declaration of working with the Raiders is more than enough to condemn her.”

He smirks, eyes glowing faintly in the shadows of his hat.

“We’ll take her from here.”

Gero looks terrified at the prospect.
    Just gonna say, appraising the stakes of a scenario is rather important.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Okay, I'll join you. Held can take the heat.

It's time for Held to reveal he's been employed as a sleeper agent by the Prime Minister of Nevada. Not originally, but in exchange for a full exoneration, he has been commissioned to advance Nevadian interests, during the last time skip.

I mean, Held is innocent, and can prove it, but without the governments backing, he's still effectively blackballed from Nevadian culture. Blizzar just made it so he's not shot or arrested on sight.

Which entails complete subjugation of the Threshlings--Actually, **** it, let's say they are currently Thresling allies, until the other races are taken down-- followed shortly after by the Saiyans, since they have been demilitarizing to a certain extent, there is blood in the water.

Which is why they have been so quiet, they've been coordinating with Held, and preparing. Held says on earth cause it seems to be a nexus point for so many races and events.

NEVADIAN CONQUEST ARC, GO.

MAKE IT HAPPEN CLERIC.

YOU KNOW IT'S A GOOD PLOTLINE.
    ...and so are the fine details. Holy crap, this is some Saw-level galaxybrain conspiracy.

A single shipload of whisky and they're donezo.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Hey! No need for insults. You're not an Earthling, ah am. An ah know this world better'n you. He ain't the first non-human to try somethin like this, an he won't be the last. Liven here is like liven in a perpetual state of confusion." she shrugs, "Ah'd prefer an earthling for World President, that ain't change anything. Not unless we can impeach him or fin' another way to get him out of office."
    ...if you don't care about the stakes of this scenario, I have to question why Dash is here at this exact moment in time.

I pointed them out to you for a reason, so you'd know what Dash was getting into. If you're just going to waive Grinthorn as something you can just bumble past to and ignore, well...why?
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-29-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...if you don't care about the stakes of this scenario, I have to question why Dash is here at this exact moment in time.

I pointed them out to you for a reason, so you'd know what Dash was getting into. If you're just going to waive Grinthorn as something you can just bumble past to and ignore, well...why?
    What were you expecting? Dash to freak out?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    What were you expecting? Dash to freak out?
    No, I was expecting you to answer my question. Perhaps I should be more specific, lest I be painted with a straw brush again.

What brings Dash here right now, in thuis scenario she is ill-informed about, when Meagan sent her back to check on Cyanna and Jinzi?

Did she somehow miss the World Government and Galaxy Patrol officers surrounding the building before taking the lift miles underground to the Geofront?

Ochazuke, Blizzar and Parsley have been engaged with this scenario for about a month real-time. It's been gruelling, but we finally got some information about Dr Char Banner Gero, when suddenly Grinthorn, a long-term villain of the scenario, has decided to show up too, raising the stakes.

What is Dash's investment in the conclusion of this side quest?

Dash being there is fine, she just missed a bit of info is all. It happens when replying to posts. Lord knows it happens to me (mostly having to look up what static and activated abilities/attacks do sometimes even though I should know by now).

It’s all good. I’m actually having a bit of fun with Alakazah here. I wasn’t quite sure he would appear but then Blizzar started thinking about him, so.....
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

...and so are the fine details. Holy crap, this is some Saw-level galaxybrain conspiracy.
    We only give you the best in convoluted plots with stakes we can scarcely comprehend.

OT: Due to story and character elements I would request a single day hiatus in posting in the game while I sort a few issues out that have been brought to my attention. This is only a 24 hour hiatus at most, and gaming will resume normal operations tomorrow morning. Any issues this causes I apologize for.

For any issues I have not addressed swiftly or fully, I also apologize for and seek to remedy it post-haste.

Thanks you.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

I’ll be back on later tonight with a post or two to smooth things out and then we shall continue gaming.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

So, let’s get this taken care of:

Several players, past and present, have presented issue to me regarding other players and their posting habits, so just to clarify, here is some ground rules that will be followed:

-If you are jumping into something after an absence, please read up on what’s going on in the immediate game. This way posts you create will make relevant sense to the current situation. If it’s a large back log you need to catch up on, PM me or ask another player to get an abridged version of events.

-If someone does make a mistake or make a post that seems questionable, we don’t need multiple people asking them why. It can feel like you are getting ganged-up on that way. One person or one PM to them or myself is fine. If both parties agree to take it to Discord or PM, that is also fine.

-If you did make a mistake, don’t play the victim card immediately or get upset if you get called out (unless it’s an egregious offense of course). This is a game first for all to enjoy. If someone has a problem with a post, sit back, take a few moments, and think about why that might be. Maybe you interrupted an important conversation or moment their character has been striving towards.

-If a character is blunt or rude to yours, that is not indicative of the player being rude 90% of the time. Some characters are blunt, dark, stoic, or just plain a-holes. Before getting upset think about the nature of the character and their comment.

-With world building, this game is very unique because so many people have added to the richness of the game and it’s backstory. If you want to add things, that’s cool with me (obviously). Run it by me first. If you are trying to get involved with someone else’s expansive creativity, try to read up on what they’ve added in game.

-Don’t just power-up snipe or jump in suddenly to gain a power or ability. If you want to join a sub-quest, make one your own, or join one in progress that’s fine. Try to make a good reason why your character would be there in canon. Example:

If something is happening on the Saiyan home world and Sarada is there, I expect her to probably get involved. I doubt Etrina will suddenly arrive via teleport just to get some licks in and a PL boost for the fight.

UNLESS Etrina’s player works it out with Sarada’s that maybe they had a luncheon or a meeting or a reason for being there (the players working together to weave in why they are there).

Otherwise it can feel a bit cheap if people just role up for fights (exceptions beings things like a fight happening a mile away and characters easily being able to sense them, obviously. That happens in DBZ.) and a power level boost.

-And finally, let cooler heads prevail. This is a massively collaborative game and at times there will be creative clashes. That’s normal. If something upsets you, PM me or the person that did and sort things out with a level head. Don’t blame: explain. If that doesn’t solve things, PM me and I’ll do my best to sort and make sense.

If for whatever reason the issue remains that cannot be solved, or a player still gets complained about in droves to me, I will request that player leave (maybe not permanently, but they will leave) the game. I will not tolerate a toxic atmosphere or the situation created by CE back in the day (or the situation Wyld made either).

Now then, I hope from here on out people will be more respectful of game situations, players reasons and responses, and the general work we have all put into it. This world and game belongs to us all, and it’s fantastic, so let’s all enjoy it.

Thank you.

Astonishing Member

One of these day's I'm going to get Held and Grinthorn in the same room, just so to see what he sees, or does not see as it were.

Angry Bird attempts to attack Smokey Dragon