Page 566 of 719 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616666 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 10777

Cleric,

At the beginning of the RPG, it was Eva was manipulating Fate and bringing everyone together. And now Midori says she was the one doing it?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It's being implied that Midori manipulated events to make that happen.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cleric,

At the beginning of the RPG, it was Eva was manipulating Fate and bringing everyone together. And now Midori says she was the one doing it?
    Midori might have manipulated Eva into manipulating fate.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I see it as more setting up the initial conditions that would result in each of them becoming as exceptional as they could be, instead of only some of them rising to the task or... otherwise dying. And she might've been manipulating Eva behind the scenes or something.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh, not quite that far back. Eva did her own thing, for the most part.

Specifically, she noticed that Eva WAS pulling Fate’s strings, or starting too, and that intrigued Midori to further investigate and see what she could do to further her ideals.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I will be back on in about two hours, and I’ll info dump a bit to explain things some more and just how much Midori intereffered. Not as much as you might fear, but in some subtle ways for sure.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

So, in general:

-Eva twists and pulls Fate’s strings. Not all at once, but slowly over moments in time.

-After the first few, Midori, having just come to this timeline a bit ago, takes notice. She has one agent set Held up, but otherwise remains distant for now. Other than a few more low-key moments, she doesn’t interfere.

-Post Battersea and Fife, when you all head to the Junjo Marketplace, she has Kenbo go there to spy and get a few things. Genesis’s appearance there triggers The Doctor and she starts planning. She’s especially interested in why she choose this timeline. She tracks Ishtar’s interest in Genesis and wonders. She starts siphoning off Zurvan more than before, weakening him quicker and more obviously. She also manages to create a few hybrids who can transform or go super saiyan.

-Once Jagam, Luop, and Anula have done their thing, she sends out her first real ‘test’ against you all (the first invasion and the chaff). You pass and she foresees potential in you all and decided to keep testing you. Parsley than goes super saiyan and that is when she knows for sure. She sends more minions and more allies against you (Glacia, Koolard’s, allied forces in other timelines) to force conflict and see you evolve and grow stronger.

Now, she has implied she had more of a hand in events, but that’s actually a bald faced lie. She is purposely trying to distract, irritate, and enrage.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sorry, going to sleep now all. Tired and feeling a bit unwell. See you all in the morning!
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sorry, going to sleep now all. Tired and feeling a bit unwell. See you all in the morning!
    You can't escape !

Been saving that heart for a special occasion !

For real though, sleep well. Hopefully you don't catch a bug.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Night boss! Hope you feel better in the morning.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Since Althena is Guardian. is she able to sense Creational Energy?
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Since Althena is Guardian. is she able to sense Creational Energy?
    Yes, she can. It just feels different so once exposed most people can.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

So, the Time Lock is essentially the ultimate defense (for the moment). I was inspired by Jack Harkness from Doctor Who and Torchwood, who is also ‘Time Locked’ and cant die, though he still takes injury. Midori however literally locked her body in a single moment in time, and thus cannot be effected.

I figured a scarred child at heart, fearful of Genesis and failure, and with time to play with, would eventually work out a way to protect herself in the absolute best way, and this is kind of what I thought someone like her would try.

However, just in case, the Dreadnaught Heart and nanites will act as further defensive backup. Contingencies within contingencies.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The ultimate sue

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The ultimate sue
    Only for a bit more, methinks. Kind of wanted a villain that wasn’t all ‘roaw powerlevel!’.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM