Page 613 of 719 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 10777
    Retired Overlord

Birthday Cheers for Cleric! Wooo!

Happy Birthday Cleric.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Belated birthday wishes for Cleric

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I apologize for the delay in sorting things. Real life has kept me busy, and today I’m picking up a new car before heading to work.

However, I do understand that there are.......issues that need attending. My apologies again for not addressing them sooner.

Regarding Bruce, I understand that some players have issue with the....seeming massive text blocks of story he produces. I myself will fully admit I have not followed them closely, as it has at times proven difficult to parse and read through them. On top of that, the sheer amount of them has left many players feeling like their own posts get drowned out or not paid attention to or get lost. There has also been issue with liberties taken about races, abilities, powers, and backstory without proper permission or considerations.

The truth is that this story is deeply interwoven between the players. My personal contributions pale in comparison to the world building done by my players, and in this way the game belongs to you all far more than it does myself. Because of this when introducing new ideas or concepts or abilities, we all have to look and see how that effects others players and the backstories they’ve introduced. When that doesn’t happen, it can feel insulting and irritating. I know many players have voiced concern and even reluctance to post due to this very thing (not just about a single player, but several have been guilty of this).

So what do I do?

Some have advocated that I ask a player to leave the game. Some have advocated that I make contributions non-canon or simply retcon them (I have done so before). This feels harsh in the face of clear passion for their creations and backstories.

I believe in being as fair as possible. As such, I am laying down an ultimatum: I am giving Bruce a chance to keep playing with us all, but under certain restrictions. Praxat, and only Praxat, for now can you play as. For the foreseeable future I would ask that Toadian backstories and your other side stories be placed on a back burner and you refrain from bringing them to the forefront of the game until such a time as I can sort through it all and see what needs to be altered, fixed, changed, or retconned.

I know this seems in some ways harsh, but I would like you to focus your posting on Praxat for now and see if a more focused play style will integrate better into the game without the other players feeling drowned in too much Toadian, and other character (pirates and the like) information. That would mean not posting about her until the current Chapter starts up again (so no more posting in the Three year time jump).

If this is untenable, I understand. You’ll be kindly asked to leave the game then and we can part as friends with creative differences. I won't retcon Praxat out, as I rather like the eccentric Toadian and she has proven helpful at times, but I would most likely relegate the character to a distant NPC at best.

—————-

Addressing another issue:

I have delayed the game almost three months so that players could have time to flesh out their time skip stories. I have delayed for longer than I would have liked, and even now after multiple extensions many stories are not completed. I find this....distressing to some degree. I absolutely understand that writer’s block happens, that motivation falls through, and that real life comes first: all these things are perfectly true and effect us all (and are perfectly valid) but at the same time some level of.....consistent activity is appreciated (especially when I see people on who have an incomplete storyline and don’t post and that storyline potentially effects characters going into the next chapter).

So I leave this next question to my players: should I delay again (until January) due to the busy Holidays and give people a bit more time to finish up, or are we all reasonably ready to move on?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Also, if I am to play or post as an NPC any of you players have created, please give me any pertinent information I need about them. If you don’t then stories or scenes I create with them won’t make sense when you suddenly reveal a shocking truth, terrible betrayal, or hidden information.

Or even if I don’t play as an your particular NPC but they have super critical information that might effect how my NPC’s would interact with them or your characters.

I’m still trying to work in a few alterations to the story because this has happened a few times.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

So should I pm you some stuff about Vocado, just in case?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    So should I pm you some stuff about Vocado, just in case?
    You can, yes.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    You can, yes.
    Okay, I'll get that to you by tomorrow.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Cleric I sent you a PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I have delayed the game almost three months so that players could have time to flesh out their time skip stories. I have delayed for longer than I would have liked, and even now after multiple extensions many stories are not completed. I find this....distressing to some degree. I absolutely understand that writer’s block happens, that motivation falls through, and that real life comes first: all these things are perfectly true and effect us all (and are perfectly valid) but at the same time some level of.....consistent activity is appreciated (especially when I see people on who have an incomplete storyline and don’t post and that storyline potentially effects characters going into the next chapter).

So I leave this next question to my players: should I delay again (until January) due to the busy Holidays and give people a bit more time to finish up, or are we all reasonably ready to move on?
    If it weren't for the holidays, I would just say that you should continue on and let those of us who need to wrap things up just do in the older thread; however, since the holidays are going to be a trainwreck on schedules regardless of things, it just might sense to hold off until January, or perhaps just take things slow with the new chapter's start.

Well on my end, slowly getting there, lol. I felt a digression was somewhat necessary, but as usual I tend to bite off more than I can chew.

I'll try to forge ahead best we can, but from the 25th to the 15th I'm going to be AFK and out of the country. Whether we shall be in a good spot on the tail end of this or not depends. I find it's not always the quantity of words or the list of events which transpire, but setting the proper weight and into them that makes them feel like meaningful story beats and not just powerful bumps in the road. While that deserves a bit of attention, it also tends to snowball to delays, and if it holds anyone up, that's not fair.

So yeah, my bad. I've said it before, but if you gotta move forward, go ahead as you need to.

I apologize for the delay in sorting things. Real life has kept me busy, and today I’m picking up a new car before heading to work.

However, I do understand that there are.......issues that need attending. My apologies again for not addressing them sooner.

Regarding Bruce, I understand that some players have issue with the....seeming massive text blocks of story he produces. I myself will fully admit I have not followed them closely, as it has at times proven difficult to parse and read through them. On top of that, the sheer amount of them has left many players feeling like their own posts get drowned out or not paid attention to or get lost. There has also been issue with liberties taken about races, abilities, powers, and backstory without proper permission or considerations.

The truth is that this story is deeply interwoven between the players. My personal contributions pale in comparison to the world building done by my players, and in this way the game belongs to you all far more than it does myself. Because of this when introducing new ideas or concepts or abilities, we all have to look and see how that effects others players and the backstories they’ve introduced. When that doesn’t happen, it can feel insulting and irritating. I know many players have voiced concern and even reluctance to post due to this very thing (not just about a single player, but several have been guilty of this).

So what do I do?

Some have advocated that I ask a player to leave the game. Some have advocated that I make contributions non-canon or simply retcon them (I have done so before). This feels harsh in the face of clear passion for their creations and backstories.

I believe in being as fair as possible. As such, I am laying down an ultimatum: I am giving Bruce a chance to keep playing with us all, but under certain restrictions. Praxat, and only Praxat, for now can you play as. For the foreseeable future I would ask that Toadian backstories and your other side stories be placed on a back burner and you refrain from bringing them to the forefront of the game until such a time as I can sort through it all and see what needs to be altered, fixed, changed, or retconned.

I know this seems in some ways harsh, but I would like you to focus your posting on Praxat for now and see if a more focused play style will integrate better into the game without the other players feeling drowned in too much Toadian, and other character (pirates and the like) information. That would mean not posting about her until the current Chapter starts up again (so no more posting in the Three year time jump).

If this is untenable, I understand. You’ll be kindly asked to leave the game then and we can part as friends with creative differences. I won't retcon Praxat out, as I rather like the eccentric Toadian and she has proven helpful at times, but I would most likely relegate the character to a distant NPC at best.

Cleric, Yes focusing solely on Praxat and playing only as her is tenable for me. That's what I'm going to do when the current chapter starts up again, and I won't post about her until the current chapter starts up again.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Also, if I am to play or post as an NPC any of you players have created, please give me any pertinent information I need about them. If you don’t then stories or scenes I create with them won’t make sense when you suddenly reveal a shocking truth, terrible betrayal, or hidden information.

Or even if I don’t play as an your particular NPC but they have super critical information that might effect how my NPC’s would interact with them or your characters.

I’m still trying to work in a few alterations to the story because this has happened a few times.
    Meagan is on hiatus. if you foresee a need for her, PM me. Cyanna might be on hiatus as well. Once the next chapter starts I'm planning on just using Dash. If you need any other info from me, let me know.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Rex and Ochazuke enter a room

So...

Zxu'ro is a handsome young(looking) man.

Didn't expect that.

How big was his harem?

>_>
    <_<
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.