Page 639 of 719 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649689 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 10777

Nobody once said you didn't have the right to be happy?

I mean really. The victim complex is getting really old, honestly.

Not like anyone is asking you to not play. Everyone just wants you to, y'know, interact with the other people playing without either trying to steal their stuff, or insult them when you're called out for stealing their stuff.

I'd also like to point out that no one else here has treated you that way- only reacted after you've done it- and you weren't like that in previous games. So it's confusing, to me at least, why you've decided this was the game where you'd start.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Question, why didn't anyone just ask nicely what the imagery was supposed to represent? Why did gen assume that it repersnted one of his schools? Why, Cthulhu are you saying that I'm stealing 'their stuff'?

Two accusations, all over a post that may not have any meaning.

It's not a victim complex, it's stating the facts. Read what you posted, then tell me if I'm wrong in being accused of something.

Then ask, why? Was it really necessary to post what either of you did?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ok, that was uncalled for.

Wolf imagery is more than fine to use. She didn’t link it to the Wolf School, the new villain (tangentialy maybe) or otherwise.

Tami’s post was fine. It was a post showing something interesting may or may not be happening to her character.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

Wolf imagery is more than fine to use. She didn’t link it to the Wolf School, the new villain (tangentialy maybe) or otherwise.

Tami’s post was fine. It was a post showing something interesting may or may not be happening to her character.
    You enabling her and giving her an out hasn't helped this mess.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You enabling her and giving her an out hasn't helped this mess.
    There’s no out to give, CoR.

She literally had her character have a mini-dream sequence. There was nothing that effected other characters in that at all. Flavor text. Many players in the game have done that exact same thing.

I’ve done that with a few NPC’s.

I...I guess I just don’t see what you and Gen are seeing here in this instance.

I mean, I’ve been pretty even handed with people’s posting in the game’s free form style. Even to the point of several very dark things (or hidden from the GM things) that I didn’t agree with but let go regardless.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

I would say that something similar to this happened right before we started the game -- I made Zaofan a disciple of the Crane school as well, but after Ochazuke was created. It was originally a mistake on my part, but I did want to respect what came before my character. Gen and I got to talking about how we could best roleplay without stepping on each other's toes (especially since this is my first RPG), and at first Ochazuke was written as skeptical of everyone, but especially of Zaofan. But then that tension was an excuse for them to get to know each other more and more, until they became brothers-in-arms.

What I'm saying is that mistake or not, it did mean becoming aware of what the other player (Gen, in this case) was doing and being willing to collaborate by tying themes together -- perhaps not indepth play (especially at first), but with an awareness of how my toon's actions would impact others. And it opened up new avenues of playing that I really wouldn't have considered for Zaofan if these hurdles weren't in the way first.

I really love the "yes, and..." component of this RPG in general, but with emphasis on what "And..." should mean.

Hi Cyke!

Nice to see you, hoss.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Hi Cyke!

Nice to see you, hoss.
    HI CLERIC! I miss you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Question, why didn't anyone just ask nicely what the imagery was supposed to represent? Why did gen assume that it repersnted one of his schools? Why, Cthulhu are you saying that I'm stealing 'their stuff'?

Two accusations, all over a post that may not have any meaning.

It's not a victim complex, it's stating the facts. Read what you posted, then tell me if I'm wrong in being accused of something.

Then ask, why? Was it really necessary to post what either of you did?
    Wow, really? At this point, you should know why I might be wary of such a thing. That your character has suddenly gleaned this vision through a particular, extrasensory ability to sublime forces that was never showcased before or developed in writing beyond the Horse Successorship is also peculiar.

She didn't link to the Wolf School, because she didn't even consider how other players might read into this.

Rather than try to explain this, now there's this weird doubling-back on how it is - or isn't - connected to an upcoming villain, implying the strongest of the Ulthan may - or may not - have a specific connection to someone who squat down and meditated to have a vision of some portent - or not.

Instead of being transparent or trying to understand where this might be irksome, now there's this weird game of plot-potato.

So if it didn't mean anything, then why post it at all if it has nothing to do with Dash's history or character development?

Unless it totally did for a hot second there, and someone made an oversight?

I found the images online, I liked them, I decided to have some fun with Dash and give her a nice little dream or whatever just to make things interesting and because I didn't have anything else to post for her.

That is the last I will say of it.

I see what you’re saying Gen.

Well explained.

There is...an ambiguous nature to the post, sure. I can see that I suppose.

I guess I didn’t give it much thought to being connected to either, but without more info, I can see how some might do so. And that could lead to issues later, sure.

I don’t think in this instance it was Tami’s thought process to connect to either (I could be wrong). I think she had an idea for a tantalizing post and made it.

I still don’t see a bad post myself, just one that could have been asked after in a simpler way.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

On a different matter.....

CoR, did you want to continue with the conversation between Inanna and the Kitsune?

And what about meeting Banespell?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

There’s no out to give, CoR.

She literally had her character have a mini-dream sequence. There was nothing that effected other characters in that at all. Flavor text. Many players in the game have done that exact same thing.
    Thing is, everyone else talks to each other. Tami doesn't. So this came off as particularly problematic, and you then came out in support of it without even, seemingly, hearing Gen out. Which is hardly the first time we've come to you with issues regarding this behavior, that you've brushed off... and I wouldn't be joking if I said the behavior (the insults, primarily when confronted with issues in reasonable manner) from Tami has impacted how others feel about the game.

This is just another instance of what has been going on roughly two years.

I’ve done that with a few NPC’s.
    You're the GM, so it's more than a tad bit different, yes?

I...I guess I just don’t see what you and Gen are seeing here in this instance.

I mean, I’ve been pretty even handed with people’s posting in the game’s free form style. Even to the point of several very dark things (or hidden from the GM things) that I didn’t agree with but let go regardless.
    Primarily my issue was her comments about how she was possibly having a vision about an enemy nobody even knows exists, without having any justification for it. Then you know, when she insulted everyone. As for the last bit there, dark stuff isn't the same as "out of nowhere with no reason", and I'd assume that the things you've allowed (without) full context have been at least explained in one form or another.

I know I've got something in the works you're not fully aware of (the Ossuary), but I've discussed in part with the people it'd impact in game so when it does feature it won't be 1) out of nowhere, 2) stepping intentionally/unintentionally on any of their stuff.

Which is all I've ever asked for out of Tami. That she help build the world with others, instead of trying to run roughshod.

Not that big an ask, really.

Arx Inosaan

On a different matter.....

CoR, did you want to continue with the conversation between Inanna and the Kitsune?

And what about meeting Banespell?
    Yea, that'd probably be good. My fault those fell by the wayside mind you. Got busy due to COVID and it just slipped my mind.

Arx Inosaan

I am and have always been open to talking to others. I talk to Sub, I talk to Cleric, I talk to Yun, I talk to Bruce, I talk to Sandy, and so on, but when I reach out to talk to you or gen...

All you have to do is PM me and ask to talk, or meet me on the Discord.