Page 646 of 719 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Bruce and I Discord together frequently.
    Okay, and?

Praxat: Asks the Commissioner a question
    Commissioner: Yet to respond, per Cleric's absence
    Dash: Drags Praxat away before she gets an answer

Whatever, you do you.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Parsley, the Ship is in high orbit. Mourn will be teleporting your all onboard. Recall you had to take a shuttle to the Coldlight last time because it was too big to land on Earth safely.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Parsley, the Ship is in high orbit. Mourn will be teleporting your all onboard. Recall you had to take a shuttle to the Coldlight last time because it was too big to land on Earth safely.
    Ah, yeah, forgot about that. Editting!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

I'm going to upgrade Ochazuke's Kiai tech to something like the Weirding Way at some point. A post-training, thing naturally.

...er, once I find the words and wherewithal for it.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

I'm going to upgrade Ochazuke's Kiai tech to something like the Weirding Way at some point. A post-training, thing naturally.

...er, once I find the words and wherewithal for it.
    Love that movie and love that scene.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I'm thinking of upgrading Praxat's Lightning Storm tech. A upgrade that is refine and controlled as opposed to being unrefined and uncontrolled. I had a talk with Tami in discord she shad I should give the upgrade a new name like Tesla Strike. She also picture Praxat creating plasma with her electrical field and becoming like the center of this globe. inspired by this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_globe
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Questions to the Author, Vol 929.

Q: So, let's talk about the distance between Nevada and, say, Earth, or even Saiyan Space. We get the impression that it's not an easy trek for Held, but how far is it?

A: Well, I never sat down and made a star chart, but I figured that it Nevadian territory was quite some distance away from the Saiyan home world, which isn't that close to earth. So, as both factions expand outward, they naturally come to know of one another, and they're getting apprehensive, and maybe have some encounters and rivalries.

If I had to map it in my head:
    Reshlan--------------------------------------------------------------Earth--------------Vocado-----------------------------Nevada.

In terms of distance. So it's why the Threslings are a threat, but not an immediate threat to Nevada, as they have to smash through other barriers first. The dimensions aren't right, but the distance is. It's also why Held surviving the explosion of Agrippa was considered a miracle. It's also why Nevadian/Earth interaction is extremely limited, since it's a whole headache to get there.

Q: Speaking of Agrippa, are we ever going to figure out what happened there?

A: Oh, right. So, an associate of The Doctor basically set the entire thing up, under her orders. It may have been to force Held to earth for her long winded plan, or to eliminate it for other reasons, but there we go.

Q: Are we going to learn those reasons? What about Frogspierre? Is he going to learn?

A: During the Timeskip, Held figured out that the tech used to destroy Agrippa was quite similar to things employed by the Doctor, and he discussed this with Frogspierre after their fight. They agreed to work together to narrow down the list of suspects and determine who had placed the weapon on his ship, as Held never met Midori. I like to think Admiral Held employed some of his vast resources towards that end, and if I get the energy, there will be an arc about them resolving that plot point.

Q: Why is Frospierre so big? I thought Toadian males were supposed to be a bit smaller, overall? And why a Toadian?

A: Frogspierre is a mutant, more or less, as said in his bio. He was a slave and a test subject, so things just happened to play out that way for him. I think he's also from Swampa or something and I think they're a bit bigger, so there we go. As for why a Toadian, I wanted to choose a race that was less common in the game. Nevadians aren't common, but I already had plans for more than one Nevadian, and I wanted to mix it up abit, and I saw some potential in working with a Toadian for a compelling narrative.

Q: Okay, so returning to the Nevadians for a moment, how do they compete with the Saiyans? It seems to be a given that Saiyans are intrinsically more powerful, and you never quite detailed how they managed to repel them.

A: I always imagined it as a combination of factors. Nevadians are technologically advanced, and aren't exactly short on weapons like Mechs or ships, or weird guns or swords or whatnot. It doesn't exactly cover the bases, but it helps quite a bit in that they can mobilize better and have more options. They also tend to be more technical in battle than your average Saiyan grunt, to the point they can out skill them, despite being weaker. They're fast learners can innovate really well with Ki based tech, even if I'm too lazy to show it with Held.

Of course, they aren't *weak* but there is a power disparity, especially when things like Oozaru and Zenkai and things like that come up.

And like I said, they're quite a distance away. I imagine there's some other planets and **** in the way, so it's not like they're constantly squaring up.

Q: So, you're saying that Held---

A: Yes. He had a mech. You think he's 1v1ing giant monkeys out there? Are you nuts? I mean, I guess he could go for the tail and I'm sure there's an Attack on Titanesque war story that's happened with him or other Nevadians and a whole melee anti-oozaru system but that's a whole headache. And yes, he does have a mech. It's glorious.

Q: So, how do the Nevadians feel about Sarada's repetitively peaceful reign and demilitarization of the Saiyan Empire, less conquest is always a good thing.

A: Skeptical, for one. An entire species dedicated to war and bloodshed doesn't change the color of it's stripes overnight. You would think the Nevadians would cheer the Saiyans shifting to a more Nevadian school of thought, but there are some that hold that it's a short term thing, or that there's a trap for the races who fall for it.

Admittedly, there are also some who hold that the shifting tide is the perfect time for Nevada to began more earnestly expanding and shift the balance, but those are hardly the majority.

Q: So, most Nevadians use Ki techs, more than magic or whatnot. Held uses a fair deal of magic, and there seems to be a lot of magical elements in his backstory, what with his spears, and Crazy Horn, and Nevadian runes and whatnot. How does that workout?

A: Well, a lot of the older ways were lost when the Nevadians had to leave the planet of Nevada because of how hostile it was, along with how long ago it was. Remember, Held didn't come to earth knowing magic, he had to reverse engineer the magic in his weapons to figure out how he accidentally summoned Crazy Horn. He had to do a ton of magical research and trial and error to work things out.

He's throwing out some Silver or Golden Age mage craft, while the bulk of it was left on Nevada with it's diamond age...If I was less lazy, a bunch of improvements from Held and the Nevadians would stem from this return to Nevada, which isn't easily done because of how inhospitable and hostile things are, along with the difficulty in understanding a civilization from ages ago. Semantic shift, etc.

I like to think I gave a decent example with Held and Crazy horn discussing the difference between their aura's and powersets. Crazy Horn has the same magical abilities as Held, but they're different because of reasons like that.

There are certainly other Nevadian mages (In Helds own clan, and at large) but there isn't a glut of them these days. Maybe that'll change and we'll have Magitech Warrior Held Debon and the Riskbreakers, but who knows?

Q: Okay, I know the Shingan is a racial ability, but does every Nevadian have it?

A: Pretty much. Every Namek can regen, and every Saiyan has Zenkai or whatever, so it's in that vein. Admitedly, there are degrees of potency and talent with it, so not every Nevadian is running around pulling of things on the same level as Held.

There are also 'evolutions' or variations that happened down the line, and that's usually found in some of the clans of note (Pheonix, Behemoth, Hydra, etc.) where they have a Shingan but a step beyond it, and some odd racial traits not found in your run of the mill Nevadian.

Q: So, Held is a member of the Unicorn Clan. What's their status in Nevada?

A: It's a repetitively small clan, not a huge major player in Nevadian politics like the others. It's supposed to be a more grounded and peaceful clan, perhaps more isolated or nomadic in a way. They're not hated by the people, but there is a bit of dislike from the bigger clans because of a sense of competition from long ago, or a bit of disdain from the Unicorns implying they are above the fray because of their detachment from that headache.

(Held gets **** from a bunch of the heads of houses during his briefing because of age old tensions.)

With that said, there should be noted there are remnants of these clans on Nevada proper, which don't necessarially operate in the same way as the more 'urban' factions.

Q: Why aren't there more Nevadians showing up?

A: Movie race.

Q: What?

A: You heard me.

Q: Okay, but are you ever going to expand on---

A: Expand Dong. I'm out.
    Last edited by Miburo; 06-10-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Cool, nice Q&A Miburo
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Emergency Bonus Round

Q: Wait! One final Question! What's this thing with Held and Hilda?

A: ....I guess it is relevant this upcoming arc, isn't it? Urgh, fine. Held and Hilda are in an arranged marriage.

Q: And he hates her?

A: No, he's fine with her. Lovely lady. Bit on the dour side, but that's to be expected given her duties and how everything played out with the Saiyans.

Q: ...Then why does he seem less than thrilled to learn that they're planets orbiting around the Sun that is Sarada?

A: Held likes Hilda, but loves his freedom. He's not particularly interested in settling down, and certainly not by being forced to do so. There were considerations and benefits to be gained by doing so...Still, You don't catch a Unicorn, it decides of its own accord to lay its head in your lap.

Held resented the idea of being told to, rather than deciding to, so much that he rebelled and went off on his own.

Q: His own?

A: Well, Privateering and joining the merchants guild and stuff. You technically could say that Hilda's presence has loomed over the Held we know today for some time.

But, he can dread it, he can run from it, she comes all the same.

Q: ....Is....Is Held gonna be okay?

A: No.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cool, nice Q&A Miburo
    Thank you kindly, I do what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Thank you kindly, I do what I can.
    You inspired me to do a write up of my own. What you said made me think of the history of Chroma, so I wrote up a few pages about Iris and her sister May. Not sure if I should post it anywhere, but it felt good to put ideas down in writing.

So I got the idea for Praxat being able to controlled radius , area , ranged, density and intensity of the plasma for her upgrade version of Lightning Storm with her Bio Electromagnetism, Also I think about her being able to used to this upgrade version for both offense and defense purposes.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-11-2020 at 02:54 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Cleric, Dash asked a question.

Astonishing Member

You know, I just realized that Held basically uses Caligraphy as a weapon. I mean, he has a spear which is basically a glorified paintbrush on the occasion he uses runes.

...Okami looms, in the overhaul I'm giving Held.

For the defense option for the upgrade to Praxat's Lightning Storm. I imaging a barrier something like this base on how a plasma globe works. This barrier would be both magnetic and electrified. As Praxat would act as a high-voltage electrode at the center of the plasma globe she would create with her electrical field. Praxat would be able to shape and affect this barrier with her Bio Electromagnetism.

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-12-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    My Forum check it out