Page 648 of 719 FirstFirst ... 148548598638644645646647648649650651652658698 ... LastLast
Results 9,706 to 9,720 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    No it hasn't not to do with her grandmother. also I don't know why Praxat can't just listen to one of her sister Draxat' songs while she's aboard the Pale Star. It's not harming anything in the current plot.
    It is when the GM goes out of his way to try and include Praxat, but you decide she would rather orbit her phone around herself with magnetism, blast punk rock, or monologue about things that have nothing to do with her current situtation instead of making some sort of meaningful interaction.

Can't even wait for Cleric to respond without going off on tangents.

Tanaki is a GP officer, a new character that you and Praxat have the unique opportunity to get information from through interactions. Instead, you've decided to ignore her and keep talking about Araxat, or show of music from Draxat, who are characters those gathered on the ship have never, and likely will never, meet.

Yet that's your focus? Can you not see the disconnect here?

I'm presuming you don't want her to come off as a rude, ignorant character. If that's the case, show it through her actions; that includes dialogue.
    Last edited by grampagen; 06-26-2020 at 11:20 PM.

Yeah I don't Praxat to come off as a rude character. Oh and the orbit the phone thing around with electromagnetism was just to show Praxat was getting impatient waiting for Mourn to answer her question. I mean Tami had Dash play around two small balls of Ki to show that Dash was getting impatient.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

We're not talking about Dash right now, are we? Not sure why you're trying to throw her under the bus.

In fact, we've talked about this before. If you're waiting on a response - and therefore another person irl who has to type it out - what does it help to layer on more material before the other player can catch up?

The worst that will happen is that this thread will fall down the page a little. Unless otherwise indicated it wont be locked or deleted.

Right maybe I shouldn't be too worried about my posts being buried.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Placeholder for archival lore I'll fill out later with some help from Cleric.

He created these characters and the setting of Baradur, the Threshling Colony Planet I just checked them out on loan.

Silver Knight Canin

Lord Markus Blacktongue, Herald of Auroc

Cin, High Priestess of the Obsidian Ziggurat

Incredible Member

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been around. Things happened to stall me, and then the pandemic drained what was left of my desire to write. Took me a while to get that back, but I think the will to get stuff going is there. Just might need a bit of a refresher on current events, then I'll try and jump in before I start wavering.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been around. Things happened to stall me, and then the pandemic drained what was left of my desire to write. Took me a while to get that back, but I think the will to get stuff going is there. Just might need a bit of a refresher on current events, then I'll try and jump in before I start wavering.
    Right now a GP ship is transporting several M fighters to the Thrashling World to battle Auroc and his minions, who had stanged an attack on Earth earlier and tried to kidnap Eva and Jinzi, who wasn't actually on Earth.

And yeah, this Pandemic is a real kick in the backside, more so for some than others. I hope you are doing okay.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Where'd our boy Chuan leave off, again? And how much flan was involved?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Right now a GP ship is transporting several M fighters to the Thrashling World to battle Auroc and his minions, who had stanged an attack on Earth earlier and tried to kidnap Eva and Jinzi, who wasn't actually on Earth.

And yeah, this Pandemic is a real kick in the backside, more so for some than others. I hope you are doing okay.
    Yeah, a real mess. Thankfully it's abating where I'm at, but it's still constant vigilance. Thanks for the well wishes, though. Hope it's getting better on your side, too.

And yeah, I see. Guess we're up against the Threshlings for real, and it's going to be more of a problem for Chuan than most. He's got one of the lowest power levels in the M Fighters, and his fighting style's not very suited to handling that sort of anatomy shenanigans, even with his previous studies. Well, I'll get into that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Where'd our boy Chuan leave off, again? And how much flan was involved?
    Oh, a lot of things were missing. But a summary of timeskip stuff I had planned before things crashed and burned:

- Reunion with the circus, Doc Flan does his flan things
    - In an instance of me reusing names since the idea never panned out, Chuan gets introduced to Doc Flan's greatest and most terrifying disciple, Dr. Riesling
    - Chuan learns the horror of training under his foil, also he's way less scared of things after what amounts to an unethical application of exposure therapy
    - Once he finishes his one-year course, he leaves her hospital and goes back to the Hideout

Now, this next part's a bit iffier because both then and now, I was not exactly up to date on things so what I had planned could end up being unworkable.

- Spends a year and a half passing his skills on, as mentioned before he was going to train Nunlil and Ereshkigal since he's a friend and they'd definitely outlive him so his accumulated knowledge wouldn't go to waste
    - Starts developing a philosophical backbone and he doesn't like it because it makes his life more complicated than he wants
    - Accidentally gets even more thoughtful over the months, realizes the irony of teaching a future goddess of death about ways to preserve life
    - Meanwhile, his crazy adoptive uncle (Flan's brother) Leche resurfaces and Chuan takes him in because his behaviour is liable to get him hurt
    - Apparently Leche being the Professor Farnsworth of murder is not a sustainable lifestyle when he's pushing into his late 70s
    - Now Chuan's got to deal with thoughts about life and death while trying to train his friends and making sure that his uncle doesn't pick an unwinnable fight

I'd go on, but I don't know how much I should put down before it gets into blathering.

Yeah, a real mess. Thankfully it's abating where I'm at, but it's still constant vigilance. Thanks for the well wishes, though. Hope it's getting better on your side, too.

And yeah, I see. Guess we're up against the Threshlings for real, and it's going to be more of a problem for Chuan than most. He's got one of the lowest power levels in the M Fighters, and his fighting style's not very suited to handling that sort of anatomy shenanigans, even with his previous studies. Well, I'll get into that soon.

Oh, a lot of things were missing. But a summary of timeskip stuff I had planned before things crashed and burned:

- In an instance of me reusing names since the idea never panned out, Chuan gets introduced to Doc Flan's greatest and most terrifying disciple, Dr. Riesling
    - Chuan learns the horror of training under his foil, also he's way less scared of things after what amounts to an unethical application of exposure therapy
    - Once he finishes his one-year course, he leaves her hospital and goes back to the Hideout

Now, this next part's a bit iffier because both then and now, I was not exactly up to date on things so what I had planned could end up being unworkable.

- Spends a year and a half passing his skills on, as mentioned before he was going to train Nunlil and Ereshkigal since he's a friend and they'd definitely outlive him so his accumulated knowledge wouldn't go to waste
    - Starts developing a philosophical backbone and he doesn't like it because it makes his life more complicated than he wants
    - Accidentally gets even more thoughtful over the months, realizes the irony of teaching a future goddess of death about ways to preserve life
    - Meanwhile, his crazy adoptive uncle (Flan's brother) Leche resurfaces and Chuan takes him in because his behaviour is liable to get him hurt
    - Apparently Leche being the Professor Farnsworth of murder is not a sustainable lifestyle when he's pushing into his late 70s
    - Now Chuan's got to deal with thoughts about life and death while trying to train his friends and making sure that his uncle doesn't pick an unwinnable fight

I'd go on, but I don't know how much I should put down before it gets into blathering.
    There is the option of staying behind with Eva and protecting her, maybe using the RoSaT to speed up Chaun's training. After a while, if he wants in on the Dealing with the Threshlings, ther emight be ways he can be portaled in.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Hmm...it's a lot of material to cover and work back in, isn't it? Then again we're currently coming off of a 3 year timeskip since Jagam and Sir Luop, and nobody goes that long remaining static. Good fodder for discussion when we catch up down the road, looking forward to it.

And uh...yeah, Leche probably shouldn't catch the attention of the M-Fighters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There is the option of staying behind with Eva and protecting her, maybe using the RoSaT to speed up Chaun's training. After a while, if he wants in on the Dealing with the Threshlings, ther emight be ways he can be portaled in.
    If Eternal Torment wants to get Chuan in right now, short of getting assigned a power level tier, there's no reason why Chuan can't bumble onto the scene is there?

There were multiple GP ships, it's possible he was like...late, and boarded a different ship or something goofy like that.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Absolutely.

Chain can either be at the lookout, or somehow appear amidst the crew of the Pale Star.

Heck, Hilda could acquire him if we needed an NPC to do so.

Hmm, actually, Chuan could have been training with the ever absent Slak and Slak could get him aboard.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Incredible Member

Oh, I see. And yes, trying to reconcile this stuff. Give me a second!

EDIT: Okay, that seems like a good way to work things in, with Chuan previously training with Slak and getting aboard the Pale Star. Thank god Alex is not onboard.

And yes, Gen. I guess I'll put it in flashback form in the old thread. I don't want to get too wild and fantastical. I feel like Chuan being the guy who's in over his head while still trying to do good by others is the appealing part of him.
    Last edited by Eternal Torment; 06-29-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Well, if that's shaping up then, glad to have you back!

I feel like Chuan being the guy who's in over his head while still trying to do good by others is the appealing part of him.
    Hah! That seems to be a recurring Human theme as of late, he'll fit back in nicely.

In fact Cyke gave me custody of Zaofan, who's recently specced into something of a lower-end Heterodoxy, such that he's become a godlike Shiatsu masseuse. We've been missing an especially dedicated healer in this group for some time, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Well, if that's shaping up then, glad to have you back!

Hah! That seems to be a recurring Human theme as of late, he'll fit back in nicely.

In fact Cyke gave me custody of Zaofan, who's recently specced into something of a lower-end Heterodoxy, such that he's become a godlike Shiatsu masseuse. We've been missing an especially dedicated healer in this group for some time, though.
    Thanks, I'll get to posting tomorrow, since I should sort out a few other things first. And yes, I did see when Cyke had to pass Zaofan over. It's time for some really serious healing, especially when I write down what I've come up with. Might be a bit crazy, but let's just say that the Internal Arts might have lead Chuan to a discovery or two. Imagine, if you will, an internal furnace of sorts. It's not really Taoism, but it's inspired by such. And if he can create an elixir, even if it's not the real deal, he can benefit the rest of the M Fighters that way.