Page 649 of 719 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 10777

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Thanks, I'll get to posting tomorrow, since I should sort out a few other things first. And yes, I did see when Cyke had to pass Zaofan over. It's time for some really serious healing, especially when I write down what I've come up with. Might be a bit crazy, but let's just say that the Internal Arts might have lead Chuan to a discovery or two. Imagine, if you will, an internal furnace of sorts. It's not really Taoism, but it's inspired by such. And if he can create an elixir, even if it's not the real deal, he can benefit the rest of the M Fighters that way.
    Elixirs you say?

Sounds like the Coookman can spot you some assistance with prep.

Full Flavour Alchemist

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Elixirs you say?

Sounds like the Coookman can spot you some assistance with prep.

Full Flavour Alchemist
    Chuan's a growing lad, it seems. First he gets philosophical, now he's got to learn how to handle flavour pairings. Life will never be simple for him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Chuan's a growing lad, it seems. First he gets philosophical, now he's got to learn how to handle flavour pairings. Life will never be simple for him again.
    Chuan:

Inanna:

1498495064_1b6ef07fba3b30d0739a86f7b69be5b7.jpg

EDIT: Didn't work quite as well as I intended, but let me assure you; it's uncomfortable.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Chuan:

Inanna:

1498495064_1b6ef07fba3b30d0739a86f7b69be5b7.jpg

EDIT: Didn't work quite as well as I intended, but let me assure you; it's uncomfortable.
    Might give Chuan the 'nam flashbacks at this rate, considering his bad time with Dr. Riesling.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I have you a simple entry post in game, ET.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I've been waiting for a response from Miburo to bring the Baradur portion to a close.

But if we really can't wait, eh.

I've been waiting for a response from Miburo to bring the Baradur portion to a close.

But if we really can't wait, eh.
    We’re not quite there yet. Just setting it up for when Mibs does post.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

I have to work now, so I'll post in a few hours.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I guess I’m a little confused.

The GP have been very helpful all around (Blizzar and P-Sta and Miras). What exactly is Inanna getting at? Because they legitimately couldn’t have found the Threshlings until the Golden Knight Commander was turned back because he has the actual coordinates.

I’m confused. Did I miss an interaction where the GP came off as overly incompetent?
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I’m confused. Did I miss an interaction where the GP came off as overly incompetent?
    Kinda the whole GP handling, really?

The group still have those First Race ships they collected at the end of the Doctor arc; and Nevanlinna surely had the coordinates to her homeworld (since she was banished from there and used a ship with navigation to leave). The Golden Knight being the first/only one to know, and the GP being the only ones who could get them there quickly is also at odds with things.

As is having Ochazuke, Zaofan, and Held do all this prep work only for that to be completely undercut by the GP.

At the moment, the GP are coming off as a group of people who are upset that they're not taken seriously, and have sort have forced themselves into the spotlight. Doing so however has cost the group time (an additional 24 hours), and Mourn just said- simply for saying it- that Nevanlinna was too dumb to remember where she lived. Plus acknowledged in a previous conversation, that the GP was likely going to try and arrest or kill them all at some point.

So yes, very incompetent.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Kinda the whole GP handling, really?

The group still have those First Race ships they collected at the end of the Doctor arc; and Nevanlinna surely had the coordinates to her homeworld (since she was banished from there and used a ship with navigation to leave). The Golden Knight being the first/only one to know, and the GP being the only ones who could get them there quickly is also at odds with things.

As is having Ochazuke, Zaofan, and Held do all this prep work only for that to be completely undercut by the GP.

At the moment, the GP are coming off as a group of people who are upset that they're not taken seriously, and have sort have forced themselves into the spotlight. Doing so however has cost the group time (an additional 24 hours), and Mourn just said- simply for saying it- that Nevanlinna was too dumb to remember where she lived. Plus acknowledged in a previous conversation, that the GP was likely going to try and arrest or kill them all at some point.

So yes, very incompetent.
    It wasn’t supposed to be so much that they were the only ones that could get them there, but that they could get them there quicker. The First Race ships are powerful but the Coldlight was better and faster than they were back than, and the GP ships now are all as good or better than the Coldlight. Also nothing has been done with said ships so I honestly didn’t remember you guys even had those. That’s my mistake, sorry.

As I mentioned no one is supposed to know the coordinates. It was always my intention that getting there would be very difficult. That was specifically the reason Jagam was mentioned as having attacked GP locations literally in his opening bio, to make sure info about their location was never found. I actually figured you would use a Wish from Tiamat to be honest to get there. I never thought Neva would know since she was exiled from Threshling space, though again I suppose that’s my fault for not bringing that point up before hand.

What is happening non Baradur is purely independent of the GP, and I don’t quite follow here. Literally without what they did on Baradur you guys could not fly through Threshling space. The GP literally did nothing to undercut what they did. They couldn’t do it either. The only reason you’re getting through is because of Ochazuke, Zaofan, and Held.

I suppose I did bring them in, but that was more an artifact so you guys could get from point A to Point B quickly. Beyond that they really are only meant to keep the riff-raft off the main characters (I.e engaging the weaker enemies so you all don’t just get swarmed and can focus on the main baddies).

As to arresting or killing them, that’s not what Mourn said at all. He said a day may come when they cross blades, but that they are allies now and for the foreseeable future for several reasons and even have diplomatic ties together (Earth, Vocado, and the GP).
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

I suppose things have gotten also little long in the tooth on my end, which has also been compounded with a case of our old friend, the writer's block, for a variety of reasons.

We'll get there, give Miburo and I a couple posts lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It wasn’t supposed to be so much that they were the only ones that could get them there, but that they could get them there quicker. The First Race ships are powerful but the Coldlight was better and faster than they were back than, and the GP ships now are all as good or better than the Coldlight. Also nothing has been done with said ships so I honestly didn’t remember you guys even had those. That’s my mistake, sorry.

As I mentioned no one is supposed to know the coordinates. It was always my intention that getting there would be very difficult. That was specifically the reason Jagam was mentioned as having attacked GP locations literally in his opening bio, to make sure info about their location was never found. I actually figured you would use a Wish from Tiamat to be honest to get there. I never thought Neva would know since she was exiled from Threshling space, though again I suppose that’s my fault for not bringing that point up before hand.

What is happening non Baradur is purely independent of the GP, and I don’t quite follow here. Literally without what they did on Baradur you guys could not fly through Threshling space. The GP literally did nothing to undercut what they did. They couldn’t do it either. The only reason you’re getting through is because of Ochazuke, Zaofan, and Held.

I suppose I did bring them in, but that was more an artifact so you guys could get from point A to Point B quickly. Beyond that they really are only meant to keep the riff-raft off the main characters (I.e engaging the weaker enemies so you all don’t just get swarmed and can focus on the main baddies).

As to arresting or killing them, that’s not what Mourn said at all. He said a day may come when they cross blades, but that they are allies now and for the foreseeable future for several reasons and even have diplomatic ties together (Earth, Vocado, and the GP).
    Ignoring the ships...

With the group on Baradur being able to tell Inanna in a variety of ways, that they'd breached Threshling space.. it would've taken all of an Auroc's Gate to get them there. The Coldlight isn't faster than a spell that can instantly teleport multiple people. Once past the barrier, it would've taken all of a "here's the coordinates" for Inanna to then jump the group directly up Auroc's butt.

10 minutes, as opposed to 24 hours.

The group was honestly quite capable of getting to Reshlan under their own power, is I suppose, the point. The GP being brought into to facilitate this was an odd decision that derailed the plot.

Arx Inosaan

I suppose things have gotten also little long in the tooth on my end, which has also been compounded with a case of our old friend, the writer's block, for a variety of reasons.

We'll get there, give Miburo and I a couple posts lol
    It’s all good. I wasn’t exactly motivated last week either. I did jump the gun a bit here.

Well, looks like I need to edit my previous game posts. Mourn wouldn’t have said what he did if Neva actually knew. He’s not a moron.

Actually, perhaps I’ll just edit the entire thing and let you and Mibs finish up.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ignoring the ships...

With the group on Baradur being able to tell Inanna in a variety of ways, that they'd breached Threshling space.. it would've taken all of an Auroc's Gate to get them there. The Coldlight isn't faster than a spell that can instantly teleport multiple people. Once past the barrier, it would've taken all of a "here's the coordinates" for Inanna to then jump the group directly up Auroc's butt.

10 minutes, as opposed to 24 hours.

The group was honestly quite capable of getting to Reshlan under their own power, is I suppose, the point. The GP being brought into to facilitate this was an odd decision that derailed the plot.
    The issue with that is that you cannot teleport there. I made that very clear that teleport spells can’t get there.

There are two defenses the Threshlings have initiated (GG knows as we talked about stopping one on Baradur) since Auroc’s defeat at your hands.

The first stops all teleporting. Even enemy Auroc Gate spells (because Auroc and the Maven know your have Anula and several other priestesses that can use the spell, and that would be the height of stupidity to leave that avenue open).

The second is what GG and Mibs stopped. It’s another spell that essentially stops all physical means of entering Threshling space, a focus kept on each planet needs to be activated to make it work comepletely.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM