Page 674 of 719 FirstFirst ... 174574624664670671672673674675676677678684 ... LastLast
Results 10,096 to 10,110 of 10777

Apologies for grabbing the wheel for a second, Cleric, but so many convos are still partway, I'd hate to interrupt them before they resolve.

...Bruce, if you're just going to type exposition, I'm not sure why you've bothered to include Zaofan in this interaction if you'd just rather ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...Bruce, if you're just going to type exposition, I'm not sure why you've bothered to include Zaofan in this interaction if you'd just rather ignore him.
    Actually I was planning on having Praxat contact the woman who called her so that Zaofan could talk to the woman. Edit my post so it reflects what I originally intend.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-18-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Wait, so might be me misunderstanding here... but are you saying Reimi could've helped everyone get to Reshlan whenever, despite the teleportation block?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Wait, so might be me misunderstanding here... but are you saying Reimi could've helped everyone get to Reshlan whenever, despite the teleportation block?
    I never said that. The block ended when Auroc was defeated. As long as the block was up, she couldn't go to Reshlan any more than anyone else via teleporting or portaling. All she did was scry on Dash to see if she was okay, then overheard her talking to Praxat.

Reimi is still on Chroma, but she can scry a great distance, especially if it is on someone she has a relationship with, like Dash. Scrying is not the same as portaling. And it's also one of the reasons why she couldn't do as Zaofan wanted her to. That, ,and the fact that she was still looking after Meagan and Jinzi's kinds.

If Zaofan had talked to her, maybe he would have learned more about this.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-18-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I never said that. The block ended when Auroc was defeated. All she did was scry on Dash to see if she was okay, then overheard her talking to Praxat.
    Well, that's why I asked for clarification.

Will also point out the teleportation block falling wasn't because Auroc died, he didn't have anything to do with that spell. It was because Inanna went out of her way to bring it down.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well, that's why I asked for clarification.

Will also point out the teleportation block falling wasn't because Auroc died, he didn't have anything to do with that spell. It was because Inanna went out of her way to bring it down.
    Fair enough. Point is, even Reimi couldn't bypass it.

As for Dash, she really doesn't know the full extent of what Reimi can and can't do, so anything she says in in hypotheticals.

I never said that. The block ended when Auroc was defeated. As long as the block was up, she couldn't go to Reshlan any more than anyone else via teleporting or portaling. All she did was scry on Dash to see if she was okay, then overheard her talking to Praxat.

Reimi is still on Chroma, but she can scry a great distance, especially if it is on someone she has a relationship with, like Dash. Scrying is not the same as portaling. And it's also one of the reasons why she couldn't do as Zaofan wanted her to. That, ,and the fact that she was still looking after Meagan and Jinzi's kinds.

If Zaofan had talked to her, maybe he would have learned more about this.
    He asked her to show up.

She was the one who decided to play coy little games.

You're asking me to see things from this omniscient, omnipresent NPC's point of view.

Consider Zaofan just spent half a year or so in uncharted space looking for Auroc, away from friends, familiar places and faces, on a marathon of nonstop fights pretty much all week, and even though they beat Auroc, they effectively turned Reshlan into a bombed-out wasteland, something his very much not proud of.

Why do you think he started tossing out food everywhere?

Your characters aren't the only ones that experience stress to the breaking point.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    He asked her to show up.

She was the one who decided to play coy little games.

You're asking me to see things from this omniscient, omnipresent NPC's point of view.

Consider Zaofan just spent half a year or so in uncharted space looking for Auroc, away from friends, familiar places and faces, on a marathon of nonstop fights pretty much all week, and even though they beat Auroc, they effectively turned Reshlan into a bombed-out wasteland, something his very much not proud of.

Why do you think he started tossing out food everywhere?

Your characters aren't the only ones that experience stress to the breaking point.
    She couldn't show up because she currently has responsibilities. She might have been willing to do a 'Zoom' video call, if he had given her the chance. And sure, Zaofan is stressed out, but is it really a good idea to take it out on someone he doesn't know but who might be far more powerful than he is?

Even when you are stressed out, sometimes it doesn't hurt to apologize later, after he has had time to think about it.

I mean this whole game is basically about the group snubbing people more powerful than them.

Heck, almost 100% of the time, the group ends up slapping the crap out of people more powerful than them.

Arx Inosaan

I mean this whole game is basically about the group snubbing people more powerful than them.

Heck, almost 100% of the time, the group ends up slapping the crap out of people more powerful than them.
    Though usually it is with some justification. Going after Auroc, sure I can see that. But right now Reimi is on Chroma reading Jaden and Midoriko a bed-time story to get them to go to sleep while Meagan is dealing with Guardian related work and Jinzi is doing Jinzi stuff.

Was Zaofan justified? Anyway, I'm sure she won't hold it against him.

Dash, however, is somewhat disappointed. Not that it matters either.

Also, Reimi's business was with Praxat, not Zaofan. She didn't have to take the call. She only did so because Dash had spoken very well of him, how kind and caring and talented a cook he was.

Though usually it is with some justification. Going after Auroc, sure I can see that. But right now Reimi is on Chroma reading Jaden and Midoriko a bed-time story to get them to go to sleep while Meagan is dealing with Guardian related work and Jinzi is doing Jinzi stuff.
    Well nobody knows this in-character, so it's not as if Zaofan knows what Reimi is doing and is grilling her for that. He's reacting to the perception he has of her so far, which is negative.

Was Zaofan justified? Anyway, I'm sure she won't hold it against him.
    Well, with OOC knowledge, you could argue he's not justified... but based on what little Zaofan has to go on with in-game knowledge (his perception), I'd say he's justified, (being justified, and being right are not always one and the same). To help explain why this makes sense for Zaofan though, I'll point to a similiar situation to the one that's happening now.

In the first arc of the game actually, Zaofan read the riot act to Battersea in front of the world; tore him to pieces verbally even. All because he disagreed with the mans actions. He had more to go on in that case, sure, but he wasn't near as stressed as he is now. Stress being something that's certainly addled him in the past, like when he confronted his old master, or when Etrina/Erosa were in trouble thanks to Parsic and Chrona... so factoring that in, this sort of response is pretty well in-character for Zaofan.

He has the perception that Reimi is not as benevolent as she is (which we know OOC but he does not know, IC), so he's reacting to it.

Dash, however, is somewhat disappointed. Not that it matters either.
    Well, could lead to some good interactions later on down the road, never know

Arx Inosaan

Well nobody knows this in-character, so it's not as if Zaofan knows what Reimi is doing and is grilling her for that. He's reacting to the perception he has of her so far, which is negative.

Well, with OOC knowledge, you could argue he's not justified... but based on what little Zaofan has to go on with in-game knowledge (his perception), I'd say he's justified, (being justified, and being right are not always one and the same). To help explain why this makes sense for Zaofan though, I'll point to a similiar situation to the one that's happening now.

In the first arc of the game actually, Zaofan read the riot act to Battersea in front of the world; tore him to pieces verbally even. All because he disagreed with the mans actions. He had more to go on in that case, sure, but he wasn't near as stressed as he is now. Stress being something that's certainly addled him in the past, like when he confronted his old master, or when Etrina/Erosa were in trouble thanks to Parsic and Chrona... so factoring that in, this sort of response is pretty well in-character for Zaofan.

He has the perception that Reimi is not as benevolent as she is (which we know OOC but he does not know, IC), so he's reacting to it.

Well, could lead to some good interactions later on down the road, never know
    I think this was a missed opportunity for Zaofan to learn more about Reimi. We'll see what happens later.

I think this was a missed opportunity for Zaofan to learn more about Reimi. We'll see what happens later.
    Possibly. All depends on how things develop from here

Arx Inosaan