Page 684 of 719 FirstFirst ... 184584634674680681682683684685686687688694 ... LastLast
Results 10,246 to 10,260 of 10777
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Not sure why Banespell is griping about Darkle almost being wiped out. He's the one that set up his base on his homeworld. He should have known that Sarada would have found him eventually and brought the squad and an ass beating with her.
    And he didn’t just destroy Earth or Reshlan or Vocado with them on it when he could have.

Banespell is about being tactical. He tried to minimize damage done with maximum return.

He just finds it interesting that the ‘good guys’ have repeatedly nearly blown up planets and slaughtered billions.

Kind of proves his point in his mind, that Inanna is too reckless and leads others to act in a similar manner.

That’s how he sees it, at least.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    And he didn’t just destroy Earth or Reshlan or Vocado with them on it when he could have.

Banespell is about being tactical. He tried to minimize damage done with maximum return.

He just finds it interesting that the ‘good guys’ have repeatedly nearly blown up planets and slaughtered billions.

Kind of proves his point in his mind, that Inanna is too reckless and leads others to act in a similar manner.

That’s how he sees it, at least.
    Inanna: There's a reason I don't tell my friends what my plans are.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Banespell also must not have been looking when Inanna used a lot of her energy, and a dollop of Hozon to restore/save Reshlan.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Banespell also must not have been looking when Inanna used a lot of her energy, and a dollop of Hozon to restore/save Reshlan.
    That’s true too.

He gets highlights, but he has missed several moments of her benevolence too.

Skewed perspective perhaps.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    That’s true too.

He gets highlights, but he has missed several moments of her benevolence too.

Skewed perspective perhaps.
    Well, on the surface his motivations do make sense. A guy as long-lived as Banespell that has a working knowledge of the fundamental driving force of the universe - True Magic - has come up against something that he just doesn't understand. Unconscionable.

Granted, the Ulthan quite literally jumped the gun, so to speak, leading us to the current situation.

...of course, the throwdown to happen is probably going to be...rather cataclysmic, lol. Bet he wished he had some allies that could talk down a God of Destruction in the mood.

Guessing Praxat will be going to where Zaofan went.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The mods are starting to close really long threads like this one. It may be wise to start up a new discussion thread to avoid getting caught off-guard like last time.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The mods are starting to close really long threads like this one. It may be wise to start up a new discussion thread to avoid getting caught off-guard like last time.
    On one hand, The Downtown Thread hasn't been closed yet and it's nearly twice this thread's size.

On the other, it's generally not a good idea to bet on getting actual notice for most things around these parts.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( Zaofan is right on the money. I did have this in mind, and Held never knew. Never knew I didn't actually need him. I was just using him,) Praxat said.

( It's because of my own selfishness that Held's dead. One major thing I had to do to unlock this new awaken form was to face my own self in my mind. realm of the gods, huh, if I want to stand against gods, I'm going to have to become one!) Praxat thought.

"In her new awakened form with her eyes glowing blue with electricity. Praxat clutches her right hand into a fist." Starting now, I will be in this state 24/7. As a part of my training, and my goal is to reach the level of a god!" Praxat said.
    ...oh, really -_-

I'm going to point out that coming up with a reason to interact with another player character is one thing.

Trying to finesse the outcome in such a manner that your character comes out on top "by themselves" at the end of it, however, is illogical and supremely selfish, especially since you're essentially written off the other player's - Miburo's - words, thought and time as meaningless for what you want.

It's especially apparent in Praxat's case, since this is blatantly not what happened to unlock her new form, which she can all of a sudden control and maintain 24/7.

Almost like some sort of Saiyan that is Super.

Whatever. Throw shade on everyone else so you look good if it makes you feel better with these retcons.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...oh, really -_-

I'm going to point out that coming up with a reason to interact with another player character is one thing.

Trying to finesse the outcome in such a manner that your character comes out on top "by themselves" at the end of it, however, is illogical and supremely selfish, especially since you're essentially written off the other player's - Miburo's - words, thought and time as meaningless for what you want.

It's especially apparent in Praxat's case, since this is blatantly not what happened to unlock her new form, which she can all of a sudden control and maintain 24/7.

Almost like some sort of Saiyan that is Super.

Whatever. Throw shade on everyone else so you look good if it makes you feel better with these retcons.
    Look at it your right maybe I should changed that it looks bad.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

How's this Gen?

( Zaofan is right on the money. I did have this in mind. It's because of my own selfishness that Held's dead. He gave me good pointers , I should had listen to him more ) Praxat Thought.

(Realm of the gods, huh, if I want to stand against gods, I'm going to have to become one!) Praxat thought.

"In her new awakened form with her eyes glowing blue with electricity. Praxat clutches her right hand into a fist." Starting now, I will be training in this state As a part of my training, and my goal is to reach the level of a god!" Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-03-2021 at 08:17 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Wait how long do you know Praxat new form is supposed to be control. I never said anything about it having a time limit.
    My Forum check it out

...you said it yourself, "I will be in this state 24/7". So you said there's no time limit.

So Praxat gets a powerup, which she could not access on her own without Held and Zaofan helping her, yet you're spinning this as her getting there entirely on her own.

There's no sacrifice made to get it, or any dramatic reason, or any cause and effect, no work or training involved. Conveniently, there's no penalties for it either.

Sub, Ramza and Cthulhu take the time to write pieces that show what their characters go through in order to acheive their growth.

You, on the other hand, just wanted Super Toadian with an unlimited time limit as soon as you saw Sonic and Deku vs Overhaul.

What actually bothers me, though. Is that you'll then talk **** about the player characters that interacted with you once you get it, which shows that you're going to go do whatever you want anyway, so acknowledging Praxat doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...you said it yourself, "I will be in this state 24/7". So you said there's no time limit.

So Praxat gets a powerup, which she could not access on her own without Held and Zaofan helping her, yet you're spinning this as her getting there entirely on her own.

There's no sacrifice made to get it, or any dramatic reason, or any cause and effect, no work or training involved. Conveniently, there's no penalties for it either.

Sub, Ramza and Cthulhu take the time to write pieces that show what their characters go through in order to acheive their growth.

You, on the other hand, just wanted Super Toadian with an unlimited time limit as soon as you saw Sonic and Deku vs Overhaul.

What actually bothers me, though. Is that you'll then talk **** about the player characters that interacted with you once you get it, which shows that you're going to go do whatever you want anyway, so acknowledging Praxat doesn't matter.
    Yeah I feel terrible about that.
    My Forum check it out

Okay, what should be the limits and penalties to Praxat's new form? Any suggestions?
    My Forum check it out