Page 709 of 719 FirstFirst ... 209609659699705706707708709710711712713 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 10777

Name: Ming Yue (明月), "Bright Moon"

Race/Species: Unknown

Height/Weight: 5'1"

Appearance: Unknown

Power Level: Unknown

Style: Sanguine Exsanguination

Techniques:

Blood Magic
    Ritual Bloodletting
    Energy Siphoning

Items: Dagger

Special: Jiangshi, Blood Magic

History:

Not much is known about the early life of the woman Ishtar came to know as Ming Yue, other than at some point the woman traded her mortality for power, in so doing she unlocked the 'key' to Blood Magic; and through its use eternal life. Happening upon Ming Yue during one of her many ritual bloodlettings, Ishtar- curious to a fault- offered to travel with her and supply the Jiangshi with her own blood, in exchange for being trained in the ways of 'Sanguine Exsanguination".

Other: The name, "Ming Yue" is also that of a legendary pearl purported to glow in the dark.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Name: Inanna

Race/Species: Ascendant Chimera
    Height/Weight: 7'1", 95kg
    Power Level: Unknown
    Style: None

Techniques:

Adamantine Soul, Adamantine Will- Unwilling to allow herself to become another's puppet, Inanna's energy is not easily tampered with. Making it impossible, under normal circumstances, to drain, or manipulate her Ki. Given that her body is laced with this same energy, it also means it is quite difficult to change her physical form as well (think transmutation resistance). Similarly, her mind is immune to telepathic interference, and manipulation barring the existence of a previous 'connection'.

Planewalker- Inanna's Instant Transmission is far more powerful than normal. This allows her to step between Otherworld, HIFL, and the Universe at will. Due to the fabric of reality being weakened by Sakin, there is currently no restriction on her movement.

Polymage- Inanna is capable of using multiple forms of magic, to manipulate a variety of mediums. Most notably Gravity, Blood, and Ice.

Destroyer's Kiai- Inanna 'unseals' herself, allowing her power full out for a brief moment in an omni-directional burst.

Divine Beast - Put simply, the amount of damage that it requires to incapacitate, or kill, Inanna increases the longer she remains in combat. Under normal circumstances, these adaptations fall off rapidly, provided she remains in combat for a sufficient period of time however (months, at a minimum), these adaptations become permanent.

Unlike a Zenkai, her power level does not increase if she survives severe/mortal injury. This also, obviously, can be ignored by the GM.

Blood of the Earth - Inanna is capable of manipulating stone, metal, and every variant in between as she can her Ki, allowing it to function as an extension of herself.

Hakaishin's Insight - Having read Whis' Hakai Handbook front, back, and upside down Inanna has attained a baseline competency with Hakai. This baseline allows her to manipulate it as she would her Ki, or Magic

[B][I]
    Special:

Telepathy
    Wings - Demonic Genetic Material
    Tail - Arcosian Genetic Material
    Cell-like Regeneration
    Oni (Base) Physiology
    Magic Sense ('Five Senses')
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

*stirs from the long slumber*

.....onibowl....must.....return.....for ONIBOWL!!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Well, that was enraging. I had a long post with Caliban and the site just ate it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Well, that was enraging. I had a long post with Caliban and the site just ate it.
    Oof. It didn't save it?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Oof. It didn't save it?
    No.

I shall endeavor to replicate it when I get home tonight. Bah.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Diplomacy fails again!

...I for one blame Held!

Hey Cleric, would you mind if I borrowed Jack for a post or two?

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hey Cleric, would you mind if I borrowed Jack for a post or two?
    Have at it, hoss.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

YOSHAAAAAA!!!

c
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Hey Cleric
    Did a little lore post with a bit of flavor from a past event with banespell. Hope you don't mind, but if you do just give me a good smack and I'll edit what i need to.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Hey Cleric
    Did a little lore post with a bit of flavor from a past event with banespell. Hope you don't mind, but if you do just give me a good smack and I'll edit what i need to.
    It’s all good.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Meanwhile………..

The Lookout, once more back in its proper place, floats gently above the world as Ronin Kai meditates alongside Evangeline. Silver butterflies float around the two, and every few moments a frown or grimace darkens Eva’s face before it smooths out. Nearby, Nunlil leans against a pillar and files her nails with a sharp knife, keeping an eye on the two guardians.

It is only this vigil, and long buried senses of a hunter that clues Nunlil in that something………is off. She cannot sense, smell, or hear it but something is not right.

She turns, pivoting, and launches the blade in a blur towards the RoSaT doors. It embeds itself with a twang, the sound startlingly loud in the silence. Neither Kai or Eva stir, lost in their psychic reaches.

Nunlil watches as the blade dissolves and disappears from where it struck the door and spots once, grinning. She flares her energy, a warning to any on Earth that the Lookout was in danger, and focuses on trying to detect her foes.

A moment, and she feels the punch land that sends her sprawling backwards. She skids, rights herself, and leaps back towards foes she cannot see. Kai and Eva will get touched over her corpse, this she swears, and with a roar she goes to war against the Craven Hunters sent to defile this place.
    ...don't make me send her down there.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...don't make me send her down there.

I figured it was a chance for some of the other NPCs to do stuff.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

I figured it was a chance for some of the other NPCs to do stuff.
    Eh...to be honest, given the rather heavy engagement the player characters are involved in right now with Inanna, I'd rather not.

I mean, though it's feasible that through the edges of a cracked universe, there are pathways for certain creatures to get around more conventional defensive setups and anti-teleportation tech in the lore and what have you, it's a bit much at the current time and might spread things too thin with engagement.

Though I guess it depends on how crucial these developments are, really.