Fantastic Member

Default Your top 5 essential current comic runs

Assume a friend is looking to start a pull list but can only fit 5 titles. Putting aside any bias of your favorite characters or titles you’ll always follow, what do you recommend to them, being able to disregard what their taste might be?

Basically, what are your top 5 essential comic runs still going?

I might recommend the following:

- Gideon Falls
    - Oblivion Song
    - Mister Miracle
    - The Terrifics
    - Venom or Immortal Hulk

Most of my list contains titles mostly early in their runs but every one has proved itself to me (even when I wasn’t hot on the main chars going in for some of the dc/marvel stuff listed), yet shows potential moving forward, and is always at the top of my stack each month.

If I could’ve, i probably would’ve chosen Deathstroke and Aquaman for character bias. Though Aquaman might be messy with crossovers until KSD takes over. Batman is also a hard one to recommend. I feel for every totally awesome arc (like the current with Weeks), there’s another arc that just doesn’t do much for me; it’s a little inconsistent from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsci View Post
    Assume a friend is looking to start a pull list but can only fit 5 titles. Putting aside any bias of your favorite characters or titles you’ll always follow, what do you recommend to them, being able to disregard what their taste might be?

Basically, what are your top 5 essential comic runs still going?

I might recommend the following:

- Gideon Falls
    - Oblivion Song
    - Mister Miracle
    - The Terrifics
    - Venom or Immortal Hulk

Most of my list contains titles mostly early in their runs but every one has proved itself to me (even when I wasn’t hot on the main chars going in for some of the dc/marvel stuff listed), yet shows potential moving forward, and is always at the top of my stack each month.

If I could’ve, i probably would’ve chosen Deathstroke and Aquaman for character bias. Though Aquaman might be messy with crossovers until KSD takes over. Batman is also a hard one to recommend. I feel for every totally awesome arc (like the current with Weeks), there’s another arc that just doesn’t do much for me; it’s a little inconsistent from my perspective.
    For me, right now it would be:
    East of West
    Saga
    Uber
    Letter 44
    Injection

Pretty standard fare.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe