Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Best X-Book out right now???

Hi everybody,

Its been a couple of years since I followed the x-books (I'm thinking Brian Wood & Coipel on X-Men was the last time, or the Bendis Bachalo stuff with the future x-men, besides the Death of Wolvie). I guess I can catch up through wiki and threads on what has happened since but was curious what the best book on the market for x-men is right now. Have that itch to jump in again. Thank you!!

Pick up issues #13 and 14 of Astonishing X-Men. Matthew Rosenberg's first two issues on the title and a whole new team and storyline. It's been great.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'd go with X-Men Red, though Astonishing has been pretty solid so far as well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'd say the top three right now are:

X-Men: Red - Team book lead by Jean Grey. Definitely the book running most strongly with the "world that hates and fears them" theme, and to best effect.
    X-23 - This one just kicked off, but so far it's been an excellent balance of action and character study. And the art's been to die for.
    Astonishing X-Men - Team book lead by Havok. Another one that's just started a new storyline and new direction. It's up to issue #14, I think, but you only need the last couple of issues to get caught up. Decent action, playing with redemption/recovery themes, but with a nice helping of humor to keep things from getting too heavy.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Like some said, I would say
    X-Men Red
    Astonishing, starting at chapter 13 where there's a different cast & creative team
    X-23, from what I hear, is off to a good start with continuing Laura's development, but adding bonus of getting inside her head.
    X-Men Blue, though it's about to end, has been doing decently. And it could be a good read if you don't mind the O5.

Far as my personal taste goes, the only book I am enjoying is Exiles. But it started off pretty rough, and I am hoping it moves on to a more popular arc and pace before it's cancelled like Generation X.

X-men Red, Good Art, Nice balanced group of X-men, Good story. A little too Jean focus at times but that happens when a important character returns from dead.The book will be amazing when it loses the very slight overfocus on Jean.

Astonishing Member

Red is the best team book as of now.
    X23 is off to a strong start and early indication is it will be one of the stronger solo titles and a good follow up for all new wolverine.
    Multiple man is good
    Mr and mrs. X just started and is a delight
    Gold keeps going lower
    Blue, Bunn is being forced to write plots he's not that invested in, the magneto focuses issues are the high point.
    Oml is hit or miss for me and treats the old man Logan story like dc did watchmen( draining it dry with oversaturation) but it's what you expect for logan.
    Astonishing 1-12 lost interest, Rosenberg is good so far for 13 and onward

Exiles
    X-23
    Mr & Mrs X
    Astonishing X-Men (from #13 onward)
    X-Men Red
    X-Men Blue (tho this current arc may bump it up ahead of Astonishing because it's dealing primarily with Magneto and that's Cullen Bunn's sweet spot)

This is roughly in order. All the minis that are out now (Dead Souls, Multiple Man, MiM, Claws of a Killer) are stellar.

X-Men Red, definitely

Fantastic Member

1) Astonishing X 13 and 14-
    2) Mr and Mrs X
    3) Red
    4) Domino
    5) Blue

BANNED

X-Men Red

X-23 is great so far at 2 issues in. You should read the precusor, All New Wolverine, too.

Astonishing by Matt Rosenberg (waaaaaay better than the awful Phoenix Resurrection already, just 2 issues in.)

Mr and Mrs X is great. Be sure to pick up the precusor, Rogue & Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'd go with X-Men Red, though Astonishing has been pretty solid so far as well.
    This right here

Mr and Mrs X if you like Gambit or Rogue.
    X-Men Red

Old Man Logan is good
    X-23 started very well
    Last edited by Gylfie; 08-06-2018 at 07:08 AM.

I'd say Astonishing new team.. Im enjoying X-Men Red as well but i like more the Astonishing's roster.