Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Marvel's interlocking cover for their 80th anniversary celebrations

Peter on the 60s and 80s covers, Venom on the 90s one, and Superior, Miles and Gwen on the 2010s one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    According to Vanity Fair the sequel will focus on Miles and Gwen and will take inspiration from the Sitting in A Tree storyline
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...social_twitter

Also good luck if you're looking for the Miles Jordans because many of the sites selling them have crashed the moment they went on sale.
    After just seeing the movie, I liked the direction they took with their relationship, and a sequel focusing on their blossoming romance sounds really nice to see.

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...27310836908037

Saladin Ahmed is taking over Ms. Marvel with Minkyu Jung.

Maybe we can expect more Miles/Kamala, eh?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I doubt it still. I think even in the Exiles run that Saladin is writing, he still had Bruno be Kamala's deceased husband. I don't think he'd wholesale reverse course from what GWW had been building up to.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    According to Vanity Fair the sequel will focus on Miles and Gwen and will take inspiration from the Sitting in A Tree storyline
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...social_twitter
    Huh, I thought the next movie would be

spoilers:
    Miles teaming-up with Miguel/Spider-Man 2099.
    end of spoilers

And doesn't Miles have his own love interest in his world that just happens to look like Gwen (I haven't actually seen the movie)? I thought that was so that Miles and Spider-Gwen wouldn't be shackled together.

Sitting in a Tree is a pretty low-key story for a movie so they'll probably spice it up a little. I guess this will probably serve to showcase more of Spider-Gwen's world.

Is Ahmed just going to take over all of the main teen legacy heroes now?

Look forward to the next Nova relaunch with Saladin Ahmed .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And doesn't Miles have his own love interest in his world that just happens to look like Gwen
    I won't spoil, but all is not as it seems.

BANNED

Ahmed is 100% Kamala/Bruno, and it's obvious that's where the book is heading right now

BANNED

Ahmed just confirmed his third book, Exiles, is ending

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...416534016?s=20

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

And doesn't Miles have his own love interest in his world that just happens to look like Gwen (I haven't actually seen the movie)? I thought that was so that Miles and Spider-Gwen wouldn't be shackled together.

Sitting in a Tree is a pretty low-key story for a movie so they'll probably spice it up a little. I guess this will probably serve to showcase more of Spider-Gwen's world.

yes, I'm doubtful it will be a straight up adaption of the crossover in the comics, but focus more on gwen and miles visiting different worlds while trying to save their future.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I mean Miles still can team up with ...you know who, I mean the movie did a good job focusing on Miles origin while introducing the spiderverse and dealing with everything it did, so I can see the sequel focusing on the relationship of Miles and Gwen and still doing everything else it wants to do.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I mean Miles still can team up with ...you know who, I mean the movie did a good job focusing on Miles origin while introducing the spiderverse and dealing with everything it did, so I can see the sequel focusing on the relationship of Miles and Gwen and still doing everything else it wants to do.
    I guess with the nature of these films we can't really get a straight-up, solo, Miles Spider-Man movie here.

spoilers:
    Would a Miles/Miguel movie automatically be assumed to be an Edge of Time adaption? I kind of wonder how they'd work that.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I guess with the nature of these films we can't really get a straight-up, solo, Miles Spider-Man movie here.

spoilers:
    Would a Miles/Miguel movie automatically be assumed to be an Edge of Time adaption? I kind of wonder how they'd work that.
    end of spoilers
    The first film is Miles film with others in it. The next one will be about Miles and Spider-Gwen romance with others in it.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Some Miles concept from the movie by Sanford Greene
    https://twitter.com/sanfordgreene/st...675660800?s=21

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Well that story SORT OF exists already with the Miles/Gwen crossover by Bendis. However they were both the same age.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yeah... it'll be a long time before we get a movie that soley focuses on Miles without a loophole (i.e spiderverse) but hey at least Miles is (so far) leading the start of a franchise (with a lot of spin-off possibilities for tons of characters) and is interacting with other spider characters who some fans really adore; plus, the start of this franchise is one that is advantageous to fans who like other spider characters outside of Peter Parker or who like alternate versions of Peter Parker's, so that's cool I guess in the grand scheme for Miles.

But right now I'm more so worried about how much this movie will make instead of whether or not we'll ever get a true solo Miles movie b/c this seems like Miles only avenue to be seen outside of comics since Sony and Marvel seem allergic to the idea of a live action Miles. So even though a sequel and a spin-off has been confirmed, I want the box office to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well that story SORT OF exists already with the Miles/Gwen crossover by Bendis. However they were both the same age.
    Exactly...

As for ages ...who was the same age ...in comics Gwen is 19 (I think) and Miles was 16 or 17, in the movie Miles is ...I don't even know but Gwen mentioned she was 15 months older than him in passing but I guess essentially they are the same age in the movie universe.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-15-2018 at 11:24 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer