Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Here's two color versions of the art from yesterday

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it has more to do with Miles finally being in something where he's the lead character instead of being reduced to a supporting one.
    Not really, if you think about it Miles is pretty much one of the two leads for Spider Geddon, and yet he runs in the exact same issue. So I don't think it's based on if he's a lead of a property or not. It's just that comic book writers mostly write either the stoic hero, the shining knight hero, or the extroverted sarcastic hero. Introversion is as new as to writers as drawing more than three body types is to comic book artist ( spider man lean, captain america size, and hulk size)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post

Holy.....so there's been tons of costume redesigns for Miles, yet none has been able to match the original for me personally, until this image above.
    The Into the universe movie has too much of a casual cloth feel to it, while this feels like the perfect blend between costume and urban wear. Easily my favorite resign of miles costume. The only thing i'm confused about is the pants. It starts out super baggy and yet becomes form fitting at the ankles. Is he wearing bagging shorts with tights underneath it but you can tell since they're both black? Because even if it was baggy pants tied into his shoes, it would be that for fitting.

Here's some more from that artist

I definitely like the one with the red best, and the utility belt is definitely a nice added touch.

those look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Not really, if you think about it Miles is pretty much one of the two leads for Spider Geddon, and yet he runs in the exact same issue. So I don't think it's based on if he's a lead of a property or not. It's just that comic book writers mostly write either the stoic hero, the shining knight hero, or the extroverted sarcastic hero. Introversion is as new as to writers as drawing more than three body types is to comic book artist ( spider man lean, captain america size, and hulk size)
    It really is time for comic companies to push their writers and artists more ...there is a certain complacency.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It really is time for comic companies to push their writers and artists more ...there is a certain complacency.
    That's actually a very good point, and could be why it takes unique eyes like concept artists and non comic book writers to bring something really unique. But the market kind of feeds into that sadly. Many readers just want very small twists regarding the same characters they've been reading since a child so it doesn't allow people to branch out. They just end up being another cog in the system. Then you have someone like bendis who comes from left field and you clearly see the love it or hate it approach lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    If introversion and different heroic attitudes sold, we'd see more of it. So it's just not on the writers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    those look cool.
    I prefer Miles' classic look it's more streamlined but to each their own.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

A 15 second preview of that Sunflower song with 15 seconds of footage from Into the Spider-Verse
    https://twitter.com/goSwaeLee/status...384191488?s=19
    Edit:
    Whoops they posted a preview
    https://twitter.com/PostMalone/statu...840592896?s=19
    This one includes more Gwen
    Last edited by Unspeakable Evil; 10-15-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If introversion and different heroic attitudes sold, we'd see more of it. So it's just not on the writers.
    Well, considering Miles did well enough as is, I don't think it's a way to sink sales at the very least...
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    A 15 second preview of that Sunflower song with 15 seconds of footage from Into the Spider-Verse
    https://twitter.com/goSwaeLee/status...384191488?s=19
    Edit:
    Whoops they posted a preview
    https://twitter.com/PostMalone/statu...840592896?s=19
    This one includes more Gwen
    I'm ready to be the minority opinion but she looks better with fuller hair .

(And that is totally a Meet Cute moment).

Adobe Creative Suite posted a behind the scenes video about the creation process and animation techniques of the movie. Check it out.

Loving all the promo Spiderverse is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    That's actually a very good point, and could be why it takes unique eyes like concept artists and non comic book writers to bring something really unique. But the market kind of feeds into that sadly. Many readers just want very small twists regarding the same characters they've been reading since a child so it doesn't allow people to branch out. They just end up being another cog in the system. Then you have someone like bendis who comes from left field and you clearly see the love it or hate it approach lol.
    Even though I was more so talking about artists and the lack of details they put into characters when I was writing that, I agree with your comment and you explained the cycle a writer might fall into really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This sounds like Hollywood when they're explaining why diversity doesn't work but what it truly comes down to is that they're contributing to the cycle instead of breaking it.

And that's what DC and Marvel need to do ...break it and force change, b/c all they're really doing is helping their writers regress.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Here's the solicit for Miles Morales:Spider-Man #2

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #2
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by MARCO D’ALFONSO
    VARIANT COVER BY MARCO D’ALFONSO
    • Miles is getting closer to solving the mystery of the thievery ring plaguing Brooklyn, but the Rhino has complicated matters quite a lot.
    • Rhino doesn’t usually have minions preferring to charge alone. What’s behind this change of methodology?
    • Plus, meet a new antagonist who may just become Miles’ most dangerous foe!

That's obviously Rhino and Electro in the corner but that doesn't exactly look like Venom with them.

That's obviously Rhino and Electro in the corner but that doesn't exactly look like Venom with them.
    It kind of looks like how Lee Price as Venom appeared, though I wonder if he/Maniac will be appearing in the series. Maybe what went down in Cates' Venom will carry into Miles' main book?

I don't see why it wouldn't carry over, they did say their connection would be explored. Not to mention no telling what happened when they were inside Knull.