Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I wonder what actually made more artist want to add red to his feet?

There's also going to be a Spider-Geddon handbook coming out with updated information on Miles included.

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe returns with an all-new collection of Spider-Man profiles just in time for SPIDER-GEDDON! Among the profiles are the heroic Spiderling (Annie Parker)! Spider-Girl (Ashley Barton)! The vile Inheritors! Spider-Punk! Spider-Man’s sister, Teresa Parker! The Master Weaver! And more! Also featuring updates for Spider-Man (Parker), Miles Morales and two Scarlet Spiders! Plus: A guide to the Spider-Men across the Multiverse!

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I wonder what actually made more artist want to add red to his feet?
    That's a good question, the first place I remember seeing it was probably the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and honestly that doesn't seem important enough to trigger such a thing.

Sooooo... I said I was gonna do this... and I did it. I wrote a little something for that Miles Morales fanfic idea I had. I'm hesitant to post this because it may link to original ideas I have and I'm pretty stingy about that. I'm not sure how far I will go with this, it depends. I feel like it's a little rushed and I have enough projects as it is to work on, but I really wanted to get to this. I wanna see the thoughts of people here. The story takes place in a combined Marvel/DC universe and though it draws parallels to the canon Miles story, some things are a bit different.

So without further or ado I present the first chapter of Spider-Man: Revival of The Dream
    Last edited by Moonfeather; 09-19-2018 at 12:36 AM.
    My writing...
    A girl's dream for a utopia is put to the test. - Nature's Kingdom
    A boy strives to create the ideal world for those that have inspired him. Spider-man: Revival of The Dream

does Miles have a private stash of web formula provided by Peter? does he know how to repair his webcasters?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does Miles have a private stash of web formula provided by Peter? does he know how to repair his webcasters?
    Miles had a copy of the formula and Ganke was seemingly making it for him and providing the funds for the neccesssary materials.

We don't know where he aquired his recent shooters but i'd assume his teammates on the Champions could easily whip him up a new pair with all the geniuses on the team.

We do know where his web shooters come from actually. Originally in 1610, he got his first set from Aunt May (Peter's hand me downs) and his second set from SHIELD. In 616, his first set was directly from Peter. In the ASM arc involving Regent and MJ as Iron Spider, Peter was offended because Tony Stark had modded the web shooters, at the time of course they were on the Avengers together. That set was destroyed later in his own solo book (by one of Ironheart's villains, Techno Golem), and not replaced by the time of the final issue, though he did manipulate his venom blast power to make a substitute. So since he did use web shooters in Champions #24, it's probably safe to assume that Riri (who may have felt guilty, because she didn't get the Techno Golem put away) or Amadeus made new ones for him (it definitely wasn't Nadia, who went missing in Champions #23, which was set at the same time as Spider-Man #240).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We do know where his web shooters come from actually. Originally in 1610, he got his first set from Aunt May (Peter's hand me downs) and his second set from SHIELD. In 616, his first set was directly from Peter. In the ASM arc involving Regent and MJ as Iron Spider, Peter was offended because Tony Stark had modded the web shooters, at the time of course they were on the Avengers together. That set was destroyed later in his own solo book (by one of Ironheart's villains, Techno Golem), and not replaced by the time of the final issue, though he did manipulate his venom blast power to make a substitute. So since he did use web shooters in Champions #24, it's probably safe to assume that Riri (who may have felt guilty, because she didn't get the Techno Golem put away) or Amadeus made new ones for him (it definitely wasn't Nadia, who went missing in Champions #23, which was set at the same time as Spider-Man #240).
    Thats why i said "recent" shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonfeather View Post
    Sooooo... I said I was gonna do this... and I did it. I wrote a little something for that Miles Morales fanfic idea I had. I'm hesitant to post this because it may link to original ideas I have and I'm pretty stingy about that. I'm not sure how far I will go with this, it depends. I feel like it's a little rushed and I have enough projects as it is to work on, but I really wanted to get to this. I wanna see the thoughts of people here. The story takes place in a combined Marvel/DC universe and though it draws parallels to the canon Miles story, some things are a bit different.

So without further or ado I present the first chapter of Spider-Man: Revival of The Dream
    This was pretty good, finding fics the focus exclusively on Miles are pretty rare so it's good to see some being done. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Here's the solicit for the second issue of Spider-Man from IDW

Spider-Man #2—Cover A: Fico Ossio—SPOTLIGHT

Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Fico Ossio (a & c)

As if Peter Parker didn’t have enough problems at high school, suddenly New York’s crawling with Spider-People! Peter has no choice but to forge a tentative partnership with Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, as a larger mystery threatens the trio! All-new web-swinging action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

For the IDW comics I wonder if the characters all live in the ssme area or if they all have their own area to patrol.

Also is there a rule stating that Miles can't have his Ultimate title back for his solo or something...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    For the IDW comics I wonder if the characters all live in the ssme area or if they all have their own area to patrol.

Also is there a rule stating that Miles can't have his Ultimate title back for his solo or something...

I read an interview back before his last run released, the idea was to make a sort of statement. Miles isn't this Spider-Man or that Spider-Man, he's Spider-Man. Miles says something similar in the second issue of that run i believe. When Danika is estatic when she finds out that the new Spider-Man is a person or color, and Miles is bugged by that, he doesn't want to be known as the Black Spider-Man, just "Spider-Man".

But i imagine Marvel is holding onto the Ultimate moniker if they ever want Ultimate Peter back in a solo.

Yeah, Ultimate denotes Ultimate Universe. His first 616 series was adjectiveless, his second has his civilian name in the title, I bet next time he gets a new #1, he'll get a new adjective.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This was pretty good, finding fics the focus exclusively on Miles are pretty rare so it's good to see some being done. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Here's the solicit for the second issue of Spider-Man from IDW

Spider-Man #2—Cover A: Fico Ossio—SPOTLIGHT

Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Fico Ossio (a & c)

As if Peter Parker didn’t have enough problems at high school, suddenly New York’s crawling with Spider-People! Peter has no choice but to forge a tentative partnership with Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy, as a larger mystery threatens the trio! All-new web-swinging action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!
    I'm curious how they'll handle Miles' codename in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I think the only thing confirmed is they all attend the same school in this continuity.

Hopefully better than the cartoons where apparently it's either terrible name or no name at all.

Hopefully better than the cartoons where apparently it's either terrible name or no name at all.
    I mean, technically in the latter case he does still go by "Spider-Man" as a codename, it's just that whenever someone says or talks about Spider-Man it's still obvious who they're talking about (and it's not Miles).

(Hopefully we don't get any ridiculous moments where Peter yells out Miles' name in front of a villain).

I won't be shocked if they use Kid Arachnid. Though that name doesn't make sense when Peter's the same age and calling himself Spider-Man. Marvel should just take Miles's Champions Weirdworld name, Shadow Spider, and apply that to cases like this comic and the cartoon. It'd be a good match for Gwen's Ghost Spider name too.