Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I wonder if the next 2-3 issues will be their own arc to accommodate the trade?

Maybe - but they could just bundle in the recent Annual with those three issues, so a one-and-done in issue 4 would probably suffice.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe - but they could just bundle in the recent Annual with those three issues, so a one-and-done in issue 4 would probably suffice.
    That Miles annual is being traded in a special trade Marvel's releasing that compiles all of their recent Annuals and one-shots, the recent Amazing Spider-Man Annual is also being traded there and not in Spencer's Vol. 1. So I would say it's most likely the first volume will be 5 or 6 issues like those trades usually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That Miles annual is being traded in a special trade Marvel's releasing that compiles all of their recent Annuals and one-shots, the recent Amazing Spider-Man Annual is also being traded there and not in Spencer's Vol. 1. So I would say it's most likely the first volume will be 5 or 6 issues like those trades usually are.
    That seems kind of weird to me.

I guess they're going for a "Character Showcase" thing but I'd keep trade's pertinent to the actual book they're for.

Not the first time. The All-New Wolverine annual ended up in a Spider-Gwen trade (along with, I think, two regular issues and a Spider-Gwen annual), because they teamed up in it. It was never collected in any of Laura's TPBs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Also, Saladin Ahmed has another ongoing series waiting to be announced.
    https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...73619636940801
    I wonder if it's Marvel related, or if it has something to do with the imprint Marvel Kinights or if it's creator owned...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Were these posted here?

I know they're not of Miles, but they are from his movie.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    I read an interview back before his last run released, the idea was to make a sort of statement. Miles isn't this Spider-Man or that Spider-Man, he's Spider-Man. Miles says something similar in the second issue of that run i believe. When Danika is estatic when she finds out that the new Spider-Man is a person or color, and Miles is bugged by that, he doesn't want to be known as the Black Spider-Man, just "Spider-Man".

But i imagine Marvel is holding onto the Ultimate moniker if they ever want Ultimate Peter back in a solo.

Ding Ding, and this core aspect is one of the founding factors behind Miles Morales popularity. He was founded on the fact that PoC wanted to be spider man but was refused. So adjusting his name literally removes the spark that formed his creation.

Not the first time. The All-New Wolverine annual ended up in a Spider-Gwen trade (along with, I think, two regular issues and a Spider-Gwen annual), because they teamed up in it. It was never collected in any of Laura's TPBs.
    That's weird. Didn't Tom Taylor (All New Wolverine writer) write that annual?
    Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Were these posted here?

I know they're not of Miles, but they are from his movie.

I'll give the movie this much. It's probably got the most style and visual identity Spider-Man in animation has had since Spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Ding Ding, and this core aspect is one of the founding factors behind Miles Morales popularity. He was founded on the fact that PoC wanted to be spider man but was refused. So adjusting his name literally removes the spark that formed his creation.
    Which is why I wish they'd stop trying to force Miles into adaptions starring Peter, since they don't allow him to be Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's weird. Didn't Tom Taylor (All New Wolverine writer) write that annual?
    He did, but at least you can make the argument that since Gwen co-starred in it, it still fit in her trade. Plus that volume was already running low on issues (just 2 issues plus the Annual) so it needed something to fill up space.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I know it's pretty early, but an idea I have for Insomniac's sequel to Spider-Man just crossed my mind;

spoilers:
    Assuming that they're saving the Green Goblin for the third game, one idea I would like is to have Norman, in a bid to try and repair his public reputation, reach out to Miles and give him a Scholarship to Brooklyn Vision Academy. You can draw from the cartoon and reshape Vision Academy as being a special STEM oriented school that Norman is part of the donors.

In the meanwhile, you can plant seeds of Peter's growing conflict with Norman since he and MJ will be investigating Harry's disappearance, so this kind of causes a conflict of loyalty with Miles. Miles' own side story could even bring back Mr. Negative as one of the primary antagonists.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

So I know it's pretty early, but an idea I have for Insomniac's sequel to Spider-Man just crossed my mind;

spoilers:
    Assuming that they're saving the Green Goblin for the third game, one idea I would like is to have Norman, in a bid to try and repair his public reputation, reach out to Miles and give him a Scholarship to Brooklyn Vision Academy. You can draw from the cartoon and reshape Vision Academy as being a special STEM oriented school that Norman is part of the donors.

In the meanwhile, you can plant seeds of Peter's growing conflict with Norman since he and MJ will be investigating Harry's disappearance, so this kind of causes a conflict of loyalty with Miles. Miles' own side story could even bring back Mr. Negative as one of the primary antagonists.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Feel like Norman and Harry will be major in the sequel with Harry as some version of Venom and Norman finally being Gobby. I do believe that Miles will be trained in the game maybe certain mission you will play as him as Spiderman with a unique beginners fighting style. Or you have to choose his storyline to play as him exclusively. Then Peter or vice versa to unlock some true ending. Im not sure but I dont want Norman to be put off until the third game that could be a potentially 6 years in waiting.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's not a bad idea and could make for some interesting conflict between Miles and Peter so I wouldn't be against it.
    What would everyone prefer, that Miles begin his training in the sequel or begin it in a DLC? Personally I'm leaning towards DLC that way when the sequel comes out there's a chance of getting a significant amount of Miles play time in the suit.
    end of spoilers

Also how much longer should we be doing spoilers for the game? I ask because Spider-Geddon #0 comes out tomorrow and just from from reading the preview it spoils a pretty important part of the game, and I can only imagine the rest of the event spoiling more of it.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think one thing they can definitely develop on in the sequel is Mr. Negative being responsible for the death of Jefferson.

He's basically Miles' equivalent to the burglar, and I can see that being mined with a playable Miles once he's in-costume.

I also think Li was the only villain who escaped capture or was unconfirmed to be back in custody by the end of the game.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    It's not a bad idea and could make for some interesting conflict between Miles and Peter so I wouldn't be against it.
    What would everyone prefer, that Miles begin his training in the sequel or begin it in a DLC? Personally I'm leaning towards DLC that way when the sequel comes out there's a chance of getting a significant amount of Miles play time in the suit.
    end of spoilers

Also how much longer should we be doing spoilers for the game? I ask because Spider-Geddon #0 comes out tomorrow and just from from reading the preview it spoils a pretty important part of the game, and I can only imagine the rest of the event spoiling more of it.
    spoilers:
    I think they might mention Peter training Miles in the DLC but I think they'll save Miles in-suit and in-action for the sequel.
    end of spoilers

~~

~~