Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's the solicit for Miles Morales:Spider-Man #2

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #2
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by MARCO D’ALFONSO
    VARIANT COVER BY MARCO D’ALFONSO
    • Miles is getting closer to solving the mystery of the thievery ring plaguing Brooklyn, but the Rhino has complicated matters quite a lot.
    • Rhino doesn’t usually have minions preferring to charge alone. What’s behind this change of methodology?
    • Plus, meet a new antagonist who may just become Miles’ most dangerous foe!

That's obviously Rhino and Electro in the corner but that doesn't exactly look like Venom with them.
    Really like the second issue's cover here. I can see the artist may have had some inspiration from the art aesthetics in the Into The Spider-Verse movie. Looking foward to seeing what Marco's variant looks like.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So catching up on a few things since i’ve Been without internet:

Liking that Into the Spider-Verse teaser. Funny that Miles and Gwen are getting ship teased again. Though given how most animated movies like these tend to do relationships, I get the feeling that they’ll leave it ambiguous in the end.

So we get Miles first new villain in the second issue. Looking forward to it.

Also also, it really does seem like they’re retconning Miles to have “always been in the 616.” In the solicit for the Untold Stories collection, Miles’ annual is included and it is described as what Miles did during the Secret Invasion. Miles is also supposed to be getting an updated biography for Spider-Geddon.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-16-2018 at 10:41 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Marvel Action: Spider-Man #3—SPOTLIGHT

Delilah S. Dawson (w) • Fico Ossio (a & c)

As if Peter Parker didn’t have enough problems at high school, suddenly New York’s crawling with Spider-People! Peter has no choice but to forge a tentative partnership with Miles Morales and Gwen Stacy as a larger mystery threatens the trio! All-new web-swinging action in the Mighty Marvel Manner!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

I just came upon this on twitter; have you guys seen this:

20181017_085047.jpg
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I just came upon this on twitter; have you guys seen this:

20181017_085047.jpg
    I've seen it before, yeah

Here's the entire song Sunflower for the movie, with a few new added clips.

BANNED

Guess that confirms that Gwen attends Miles' school.

Also adding the "sunflower" lyric to the scene Peter is looking at the photo of Mary Jane was dope

Ahmed posted pictures of Miles, Judge, Barbra, and Rio on his Twitter.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Cool to see Judge is going to be prominently featured going into this run. The ironic plus side of Bendis not using him as much as that both him, and Barbara for that matter, are more open canvases for Saladin to experiment with.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Niffleheim

I was hoping that Barbra wasn't still a thing? Oh! well at least i got one wish out of the previous run erased from existence

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Guess that confirms that Gwen attends Miles' school.

Also adding the "sunflower" lyric to the scene Peter is looking at the photo of Mary Jane was dope
    We also see Miles getting bit.

I'm kind of surprised Barbara's still around to be honest. And she looks a little different (and lighter-skinned?).
    I forgot Judge was taller then Miles.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Music video was nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We also see Miles getting bit.

I'm kind of surprised Barbara's still around to be honest. And she looks a little different (and lighter-skinned?).
    I forgot Judge was taller then Miles.
    Probably decided to change her skintone because she looked like a younger version of his mom

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So catching up on a few things since i’ve Been without internet:

Liking that Into the Spider-Verse teaser. Funny that Miles and Gwen are getting ship teased again. Though given how most animated movies like these tend to do relationships, I get the feeling that they’ll leave it ambiguous in the end.

So we get Miles first new villain in the second issue. Looking forward to it.

Also also, it really does seem like they’re retconning Miles to have “always been in the 616.” In the solicit for the Untold Stories collection, Miles’ annual is included and it is described as what Miles did during the Secret Invasion. Miles is also supposed to be getting an updated biography for Spider-Geddon.
    I don't know, the fact that they're in the same classroom as well, go to the same school, and the amount of scenes that we seen them together so far, I wouldn't be surprised if they do end up dating towards the end. Besides there's definitely a few animated movies where they female lead and male lead ends up together like How to Train your Dragon.

Astonishing Member

Not really feeling the art style, a bit too plain for my taste though at least the clothing design is nice. Except for the mom shirt, for a long sleeve shirt like that you wouldn't see the outline of the mom's boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Not really feeling the art style, a bit too plain for my taste though at least the clothing design is nice. Except for the mom shirt, for a long sleeve shirt like that you wouldn't see the outline of the mom's boobs.
    I wouldn't worry, these are probably design drafts Javier did and will use for references. His actual art we'll see in the comic will be his true "A" game along with whichever colorist they decide will go best with his pencils for this series.

If you want to see an example of what Javier Garron is capable of check out the art he did for the latest, Ant Man and The Wasp" mini series that starred Scott Lang and Nadia Van Dyne.