Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't he stated to be about to have his 17th birthday in Sitting in a Tree, and then had another birthday in the recent annual? Miles is now 18.

Also, this is odd. We just got a Champions member solo book announcement, but it was Riri, not Miles. When will he get a new series?
    The annual's flashback was to his early life when he was still wrestling with the fact he has powers and whether he should use them or not. The present day part of the annual could have easily been on his 17th birthday. The story wasn't specific on which specific birthday so I think, can't guarantee of course, but I think, Miles is still on the fresh side of 17.

Quote Originally Posted by CryoFlar3 View Post
    I think the new Solo will be announced once Spidergedon is finished since hes supposed to have a big role in that series.
    I'm not expecting any news for the November solicits this tuesday, but I do know that Spider-Geddon is 5 issues long with a release schedule of two issues a month. This means it will end (barring any kinds of delays) on December 5th; one week before "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse" comes out.

By that logic I expect to hear some news from Marvel comics close to when they release their December 2018 solicitations in September. Heck if Marvel times it right they'll be able to release Miles' new solo the same week of the movie and it wouldn't even overlap with Spider-Geddon.

Quote Originally Posted by CryoFlar3 View Post
    Miles' birthday in the annual was during the 3 month gap between when he got bit and when he became Spider-Man, so he he should still only be 17ish right now.
    The present day scenes were on an anniversary of the past scenes, so he'd just had a birthday then too. Both past and present were a few days after his birthday.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Age wise, that should place Miles at 17 then since he mentioned he was a couple of months from being 17 in that Spider-Gwen crossover.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I feel like the ages of the characters are whatever the writers want it to be at that moment, continuity be damned. For example, Gwen is 19 in her book, but after the year she spent in prison, she should be 20 now, but I wouldn't be surprised if in her next book she's still 19. Same with Peter, we had a full year pass since the beginning of the Worldwide run during Threat Level Red, in which he also had a birthday party, so he should be at least 30 by now, but they seem to stick on saying he's 28 or 29.

So while at this point Miles should be 18, I would not be shocked if they still keep him at 17. Silk is also a character I have no idea what she's supposed to be age wise, if she's Peter's age or a few years younger.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I feel like the ages of the characters are whatever the writers want it to be at that moment, continuity be damned. For example, Gwen is 19 in her book, but after the year she spent in prison, she should be 20 now, but I wouldn't be surprised if in her next book she's still 19. Same with Peter, we had a full year pass since the beginning of the Worldwide run during Threat Level Red, in which he also had a birthday party, so he should be at least 30 by now, but they seem to stick on saying he's 28 or 29.

So while at this point Miles should be 18, I would not be shocked if they still keep him at 17. Silk is also a character I have no idea what she's supposed to be age wise, if she's Peter's age or a few years younger.
    She's the same age as Peter, since she was in his class; she just looks a lot younger than she actually is, and since she spent ten years in a bunker, she's (at first) very socially stunted in comparison to most her age.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, Silk acts like a teenager but she's actually in her late 20s. Mockingbird and Spider-Woman, her mentors, have lampshaded this by calling her kid, when in fact they're around the same age.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She's the same age as Peter, since she was in his class; she just looks a lot younger than she actually is, and since she spent ten years in a bunker, she's (at first) very socially stunted in comparison to most her age.
    Yeah, emotionally wise it made sense why she would act much younger, and Ramos and the other artists in the main book do make her look older, but the rest of the artists in her book make her appear much younger (and smaller), so that would always trip me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

Maybe it's better to just think of comic characters in age ranges, like Peter's late 20's, Gwen's early 20's, and Miles is late teens .

Possibly some Miles vs Otto in Spider-Geddon

• One SUPERIOR SPIDER is willing to do whatever it takes to defeat the Inheritors!
    • Will Miles and his team have to stop him before he goes TOO FAR?
    • Stand together or fall separately – isn’t that how it goes?

And some movie stuff

SPIDER-MAN: ENTER THE SPIDER-VERSE #1
    RALPH MACCHIO (W) • FLAVIANO (A)
    Cover by EDUARD PETROVICH
    Variant cover by Matt Waite
    ANIMATION VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    STEP INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE WITH A CADRE OF SPIDER-HEROES!
    • With his ability to traverse the Multiverse, SPIDER-MAN assembles a team to track down a loose end from his past: the fate of the mighty GOG!
    • Get ready for the upcoming film with this standalone adventure featuring some of your favorite Spider-Heroes: PETER PARKER! MILES MORALES! SPIDER-HAM! SPIDER-GWEN! SPIDER-PUNK!
    • Also featuring a special presentation of SPIDER-MAN (2016) #1 — Miles Morales’ first adventure in the Prime Marvel Universe!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So I guess it'll be December after all, with Spider-Geddon over that will end up launching Miles' new book. I guess it's fitting since that is when the movie is coming out.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

The Miles on the Enter the Spider-Verse cover is regular Miles' outfit. Is it a movie tie-in or just a special releasing to hype up the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    The Miles on the Enter the Spider-Verse cover is regular Miles' outfit. Is it a movie tie-in or just a special releasing to hype up the movie?
    Probably the latter, seriously though, while I am enjoying all the exposure Miles is getting in other books I am really looking forward to hearing any kind of announcement next month about a new solo for him.

I'm with you on that, the appearances have been nice but they're not the same as a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Punk and Ham aren't in the movie, the cast is Peter, Miles, Gwen and SP//dr. This is definitely the comic versions.