Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    You think Saladin will try to further the relationship between Miles and Barbara? If he can help save and add some depth to it that's fine, but as of right now it feels kind of tacked on and hollow. Doesn't help that Barbara feels shoe horned in thanks to introducing her in the five issue run of Spider-Men II. Too short a run to properly develop any kind of real spark between her and Miles.

And then there's the whole Lana is in love with him thing.

And then there's the while Ms. Marvel thing that happened in her anniversary issue that Jim Zub wants to bring up in future issues of Champions.

Then there's the villain, Tomoe The TECHNOGOLEM who actually knows his real first name and what he looks like.

All I'm saying is there are a lot of options Saladin can choose from. For all we now he might want to start fresh and introduce another new potential love interest into Miles supporting cast.
    What anniversary issue?

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    What anniversary issue?
    Ms. Marvel issue #31 has the legacy numbering of 50 making it the anniversary issue since issue #1 of the characters solo series added between the two volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    You think Saladin will try to further the relationship between Miles and Barbara? If he can help save and add some depth to it that's fine, but as of right now it feels kind of tacked on and hollow. Doesn't help that Barbara feels shoe horned in thanks to introducing her in the five issue run of Spider-Men II. Too short a run to properly develop any kind of real spark between her and Miles.

And then there's the whole Lana is in love with him thing.

And then there's the while Ms. Marvel thing that happened in her anniversary issue that Jim Zub wants to bring up in future issues of Champions.

Then there's the villain, Tomoe The TECHNOGOLEM who actually knows his real first name and what he looks like.

All I'm saying is there are a lot of options Saladin can choose from. For all we now he might want to start fresh and introduce another new potential love interest into Miles supporting cast.
    The only one of these I'd count on Ahmed following up on is Lana, to be honest.

But that depends a lot on how much he wants to really follow up on what Bendis did in his run and everything in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

But that depends a lot on how much he wants to really follow up on what Bendis did in his run and everything in there.
    True, and he has gone on record the importance of having the courage building new layers to a character's development on the foundation of what the previous creators left behind.

Best example is how he talked about wanting to put more focus on Miles' camouflage power, and steer him more into the role of a stealth combatant. Which makes perfect sense and I am all for it.

Wonder if Miles will keep all those additional Venom abilities? I kinda like the idea of that replacing his web shooters

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Wonder if Miles will keep all those additional Venom abilities? I kinda like the idea of that replacing his web shooters
    Saladin mentioned in this video that while he knows of the new power he wants to scale back a bit and focus more on his camouflage.

You can watch a whole 20+ interview he did on the new solo here

That Lana business could happen in Champions too, as she's joining the team (they're getting six new members in January, while keeping all eight current ones).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly, from everything Saladin has mentioned in interviews so far, I wouldn't expect much of the stuff Bendis started adding last minute (the new powers, the Internation Spy stuff) to actually be followed up on. Slott hasn't continued any of that stuff with Stark in Iron Man. The upcoming stuff with Riri haven't been alluding to it, Cable actually outright got killed off (for now) over in the X-Titles.

Everything he's mentioned so far:
    • "Focus on Miles & his supporting cast
    • Build up his neighborhood
    • Use new and old rogues
    • Focus on Miles' camouflage rather than the new Venom powers

So I wouldn't count on some big romance with Spider-Gwen or Ms. Marvel, or for all those late stage stuff that Bendis tried to set up to actually continue.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Only reason I don't think we'd get anything big with Miles and Ms. Marvel, either in his book or in Champions, is because Kamala already has her own relationship issues being worked out in her own book, so I feel that's probably gonna be going somewhere/is the priority for her character.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly, from everything Saladin has mentioned in interviews so far, I wouldn't expect much of the stuff Bendis started adding last minute (the new powers, the Internation Spy stuff) to actually be followed up on. Slott hasn't continued any of that stuff with Stark in Iron Man. The upcoming stuff with Riri haven't been alluding to it, Cable actually outright got killed off (for now) over in the X-Titles.

Everything he's mentioned so far:
    • "Focus on Miles & his supporting cast
    • Build up his neighborhood
    • Use new and old rogues
    • Focus on Miles' camouflage rather than the new Venom powers

So I wouldn't count on some big romance with Spider-Gwen or Ms. Marvel, or for all those late stage stuff that Bendis tried to set up to actually continue.
    From all the accounts I've read I think Ahmed is going for a (and I know this is probably the most overused phrase in comics) "back-to-basics" approach with Miles' book, so I think that will influence what he does or does not touch on initially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Only reason I don't think we'd get anything big with Miles and Ms. Marvel, either in his book or in Champions, is because Kamala already has her own relationship issues being worked out in her own book, so I feel that's probably gonna be going somewhere/is the priority for her character.
    And romance between characters in different solo books generally doesn't happen (or work).

And romance between characters in different solo books generally doesn't happen (or work).
    I'm actually trying to think of times when two characters from two different solo books were in a relationship for a period of time and I'm having a hard thinking of any. I guess maybe Luke Cage & Jessica Jones, but that was only after they had gotten married. Would be an interesting thing to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm actually trying to think of times when two characters from two different solo books were in a relationship for a period of time and I'm having a hard thinking of any. I guess maybe Luke Cage & Jessica Jones, but that was only after they had gotten married. Would be an interesting thing to try out.
    There was also Superman and Wonder Woman, but back then the Wonder Woman book was under the Superman editorial office.

(And the relationship ended anyways).

But that's the only example I can think of for characters who have actual sustained solo books.

There was also Superman and Wonder Woman, but back then the Wonder Woman book was under the Superman editorial office.

(And the relationship ended anyways).

But that's the only example I can think of for characters who have actual sustained solo books.
    So really it may be an editorial issue. To sum it up the best chance for two characters with their own solo's and separate writers is for all of them be under the same editorial department. Remember it was Spider-man editor, Nick Lowe's idea for the Miles & Gwen crossover.

Miles cameoed in Ms. Marvel today.
    spoilers:
    Kamala was fighting Shocker and they ended up being accidentally dimensionally transported (not sure exactly what that place was, but it's connected to Singularity from A-Force). Kamala left him in there and escaped to New Jersey. Shocker was deposited in Brooklyn, where he encountered Miles. Kamala has some explaining to do at the next Champions meet up, I think!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I like the extra detail of spoilers:
    Miles writing in his notebook when he notices Shocker. Must be for that creative writing class he'll be taking.
    end of spoilers

Over in Spider-Geddon:

spoilers:
    The Web Warriors recruit Miles because they need to dismantle Otto's cloning machine, which he used old inheritor tech to enhance. Interestingly enough, Miles seems to be the only one who suggests the try to talk things out with Otto first since he seems to legitimately want to be a hero now. Instead a fight breaks out anyway and the Inheritors manage to reform from the machine and kill both Spider-Noir and Spider-UK. Issues ends with Miles, Otto, Gwen, and Hobbie left to fend off the inheritors.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.