Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Check out this sculpture by Nick Hanzo
    Is this actually for sale anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bleeding Cool have previewed the first issue of the relaunch. Minor spoilers ahead.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11...er-man-series/

spoilers:
    The issue focuses on the topic of immigration and the plight of Barbera's cousin when his father is deported and his own citizenship is under threat
    end of spoilers
    Well this is Saladin Ahmed we’re talking about. Of course he would have his finger on the pulse of current issues, which is Marvel staple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Well this is Saladin Ahmed we’re talking about. Of course he would have his finger on the pulse of current issues, which is Marvel staple.
    I was enjoying the Spider-Line being one of the few places free of this sort of malarky.

I was enjoying the Spider-Line being one of the few places free of this sort of malarky.
    Then I guess you got to find another book to read...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Lol

Then I guess you got to find another book to read...
    I still have ASM and the newspaper strip. Both have Peter and MJ. One even has them married.

I'll be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm on the Bombshell or Kamala side in terms of preference too, but if Ahmed is actually going to develop Barbara and give her an actual character, than I'll be cool with it.
    I like Miles/Kamala but I think the chances of it actually happening are slim to none

Aw man, a Spider-Man book tackling timely topics like immigration? EPIC FAIL. We've gotta take it back to the good old days of Stan and John where their ASM looked at racism in the workplace, drug addiction, college campus protests, and the poor conditions of the prison system from the perspective of minorities.

It's either Miles/Lana, Miles/Gwenpool, or bust. Take no prisoners.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Aw man, a Spider-Man book tackling timely topics like immigration? EPIC FAIL. We've gotta take it back to the good old days of Stan and John where their ASM looked at racism in the workplace, drug addiction, college campus protests, and the poor conditions of the prison system from the perspective of minorities.
    None of which got in the way of a good story. Unlike now.

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    I like Miles/Kamala but I think the chances of it actually happening are slim to none
    Oh yeah obviously, especially since it's been very clear Wilson has her own plans revolving Kamala's love life in her own book. I just mean in general if it wouldn't conflict with anything, I'd be all for it, they have good chemistry. But yea, I'm all for him being with Lana the most.

Are we just going to forget the whole racial messages Bendis put into Miles’ Spider-Man series right up to his departure to DC. Are really going to forget the infamous scene of Miles commenting on something Danika Hart said in Issue #2 or what Luke cage said during the Civil War 2 tie in event? This is nothing new, especially for Miles’ solo series.

Lets all just stay calm until the story actually comes out. Remember when everyone was making a fuss about the school shooting issue of Champions starring our boy and how they were already ready to bash it for being over political and about gun control before the issue actually came out and before anyone actually read it. Remember how it actually didn’t do anything those things people were accusing it of and it was instead about how people cope and heal together after traumatic events.

I’m just saying there’s a good chance that Saladin is a good enough writer to not have to bash readers over the head with a message in order to say it. This guy has done some excellent work and it may be best to just read where he takes our boy’s story first before we pass judgment, please guys.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 11-30-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Spectacular Member

Why not make a judgment about the story/book after you’ve actually read it? Right now you’re just jumping to conclusions that the story is going to suffer or be bad based on some commentary that is taken out of the context of the entire story.

I can understand prejudging a film to an extent because there are trailers that are designed to get your attention so they have to be trying to show the film’s good points.

This new series...we’ve had a couple of interviews with Saladin Ahmed and we’ve seen about 2 pages without any dialogue.

Wait and see. You could buy it and give it a chance or wait for spoilers come out and see what others have said about the complete story of the issue.

Spectacular Member

Also there is a new podcast with Saladin Ahmed.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...arvel-s-voices

It’s not very long. Run time is about 24 minutes. Most of it is about him as a person and as a writer, but they do talk a bit about the new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Check out this sculpture by Nick Hanzo
    Just found out this is a gorgeous piece of Z-Brush art. If this is ever brought in into the 3D physical world, it will be mine.

Also he posted an unmasked version on his Artstation page along with some alternate angled views. Check them out if you get a chance, here’s a link ”Nick Hanzo ArtStation Page”

Last edited by Grimm911; 11-30-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Just got back from a screening and can confirm that the movie is great.