Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess with the nature of these films we can't really get a straight-up, solo, Miles Spider-Man movie here.

spoilers:
    Would a Miles/Miguel movie automatically be assumed to be an Edge of Time adaption? I kind of wonder how they'd work that.
    end of spoilers
    If you are trying to toss out a franchise of various Spider folks-you have to start somewhere.

And what solo story could you do with him now? For the most part his stories have involved others in some form. Be it Peter, Gwen or other Marvel folks.

His own rogue gallery exclusive to HIM has not been built yet. Do we see a version of Venom go after him like we have with some of the others?

Who really hates Miles? Does Judge get taken over by Venom? Since his hate of Miles varies.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Into the Spider-Verse rocked. Probably one of my favorite superhero movies in some time. Other spiders get shine but this is definitely a Miles movie throughout. The performance by Moore made him feel real than a lot of live action actors. His Miles manages to be both likable, charismatic, funny, and little awkward in just in 2 hrs. This movie will surely create a lot of new fans for Miles

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yeah... it'll be a long time befor we get a movie that soley focuses on Miles without a loophole (i.e spiderverse) but hey at least Miles is (so far) leading the start of a franchise (with a lot of spin-off possibilities for tons of characters) and is interacting with other spider characters who some fans really adore; plus, the start of this franchise is one that is advantageous to fans who like other spider characters outside of Peter Parker or who like alternate versions of Peter Parker's, so that's cool I guess in the grand scheme for Miles.
    I definitely think one of the benefits of the Spider-Verse films is that they get to spotlight the other spider-heroes and characters that might not have made it onto film or had that kind of focus otherwise, while leaving the Marvel Studios movies to have a relatively more "traditional" Spider-Man narrative.
    But right now I'm more so worried about how much this movie will make instead of whether or not we'll ever get a true solo Miles movie b/c this seems like Miles only avenue to be seen outside of comics since Sony and Marvel seem allergic to the idea of a live action Miles. So even though a sequel and a spin-off has been confirmed, I want the box office to be good.
    He's in the cartoons and video games (although the less said about the former interpretation the better), but the movie will probably be the biggest spotlight Miles has at the moment.

I don't think Sony and Marvel are allergic to the idea of a live-action Miles, just disingenuous about it.
    As for ages ...who was the same age ...in comics Gwen is 19 (I think) and Miles was 16 or 17, in the movie Miles is ...I don't even know but Gwen mentioned she was 15 months older than him in passing but I guess essentially they are the same age in the movie universe.
    Gwen is 20-21 now, I think. She spent a year in prison and I think there was another time-skip or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And what solo story could you do with him now? For the most part his stories have involved others in some form. Be it Peter, Gwen or other Marvel folks.
    I think you could probably spin some of Bendis' arcs as a Miles solo movie or just come up with something original that's Spider-Man oriented, but I hope Ahmed starts delivering good Miles solo content.
    Who really hates Miles? Does Judge get taken over by Venom? Since his hate of Miles varies.
    I don't think Judge hates him now...

Mighty Member

I watched and enjoyed Spider-Man:Into the Spider-Verse.
    It was a great animated movie.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

If they wanted to do something exclusively Miles they could do something with the Bombshells. They could contrast Miles' healthy family dynamic with Lana's abusive one, that way we could get more time with Miles' family which is something I've seen a lot of people want more of. Or they could do something with Tomoe if they have the rights to her, they could do some cool Asian aesthetic art with her as the antagonist.
    Last edited by Dragonick; 12-15-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Techno Golem is an Iron Man character.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

a big week for Miles Morales. Not only was the movie incredible, the first issue of his new series was great also. And who is Miles' barber in the Marvel universe. Miles has the freshest haircuts in any dimension!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Techno Golem is an Iron Man character.
    But Miles did accidentally go on a date with her and then fought her in a two issue arc in his own series so I think Tomoe is a shared villain instead of being exclusive. Of course this all depends on the whims of future writers and editors.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    a big week for Miles Morales. Not only was the movie incredible, the first issue of his new series was great also. And who is Miles' barber in the Marvel universe. Miles has the freshest haircuts in any dimension!
    I think more folks are open to suggesting things for Miles because you are not dealing with his creator now. Who put everything on himself to do the best he could with Miles as he was the only person writing him.

And now we are seeing folks adding all those little things (like the haircut, talking Spanish & so on) that build up a better character.

Because everything folks are saying now is the same stuff I heard when Jason Reynolds Miles book came out.

Which is nothing new. We have seen it before. The creator going so far to make the character enticing to use and someone else taking the keys and driving wild.

See Black Panther before Priest and now after him, Hudlin, Coates, Coogler and Redjack.
    See Supergirl before Peter David and after him.
    See John Stewart before the cartoon and after.
    See Squirrel Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    But Miles did accidentally go on a date with her and then fought her in a two issue arc in his own series so I think Tomoe is a shared villain instead of being exclusive. Of course this all depends on the whims of future writers and editors.
    Yeah, but not before fighting Iron Man and War Machine in her introduction, and then Ironheart and Rescue later on. Bendis was merely reusing his own villain in Spider-Man. She's definitely an Iron Man character first and foremost and therefore Marvel, not Sony, has the rights to use her in movies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Finally caught the movie with my family and a great time was had by all. I initially had some fears due to the large number of Spider-People but it was definitely Miles' show.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, but not before fighting Iron Man and War Machine in her introduction, and then Ironheart and Rescue later on. Bendis was merely reusing his own villain in Spider-Man. She's definitely an Iron Man character first and foremost and therefore Marvel, not Sony, has the rights to use her in movies.
    Besides, I don't think "rich Japanese girl with the power to control metal" is an interesting enough antagonist for a Miles Morales movie. Though if they take inspiration from Sitting In A Tree for the sequel, I think Matt Murderdock Kingpin and/or Jefferson Davis Scorpion would be really good ideas to use, and act as nice parallels to the antagonists of this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Besides, I don't think "rich Japanese girl with the power to control metal" is an interesting enough antagonist for a Miles Morales movie. Though if they take inspiration from Sitting In A Tree for the sequel, I think Matt Murderdock Kingpin and/or Jefferson Davis Scorpion would be really good ideas to use, and act as nice parallels to the antagonists of this film.
    Honestly, I think that sounds like the perfect villain both visually and conceptually for a movie, and I'm not even all that crazy about the Tech Golem .

Actually kind of makes her sound like a Peni Parker villain, when you think about it.

But I guess if we're going to Gwen's world, the Murdock Kingpin would probably be the natural villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, I think that sounds like the perfect villain both visually and conceptually for a movie, and I'm not even all that crazy about the Tech Golem .

Actually kind of makes her sound like a Peni Parker villain, when you think about it.

But I guess if we're going to Gwen's world, the Murdock Kingpin would probably be the natural villain.
    Well yeah, it could work well as a villain for a movie, just not as the main nemesis in a Miles Morales movie. I could see her being a henchman for the main villain, since she has very flashy and conceptually interesting powers, I just don't think narratively she would make sense to be the big threat for Miles to go against, especially in comparison to Into The Spider-Verse's main villains.

Murderdock, and especially the Jefferson Scorpion, I think would be great since this film really delved into Miles' relationship with his father, so getting to see him face off against a version of his dad that went full on crime boss could be very powerful storywise. And Murderdock could represent the danger of the Kingpin throughout the multiverse no matter who it is.

(mild spoilers: there's a scene in the climax that according to some people, Murderdock makes a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo. I couldn't see it and Jason Latour played coy about it on Twitter, so if it does turn out to be true, adds more precedent for him being the next big bad)

Into the Spider-Verse was really good. In fact, it's better than the comic, imo.