Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Here's the solicit for Spider-Man #3

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #3
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A) • Cover by Marco D’Alfonso
    VARIANT COVER BY SANA TAKEDA
    CONCEPT VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • CAPTAIN AMERICA guest-stars!
    • Miles and Cap try to get to the bottom of the mystery of the missing kids, but it’s not quite that simple.
    • A new villain has our heroes’ number, and you won’t believe how they get out of this jam!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Like most of us were expecting, Cap is the hero guest starring.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

I'm kind of interested in getting into this, but I don't know much

i had alot of hype for Saladin Ahmed as being the next big thing in comic book writing with Black Bolt, but Exiles has been super lackluster, i hope he isn't a one hit wonder type writer

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's the solicit for Spider-Man #3

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #3
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A) • Cover by Marco D’Alfonso
    VARIANT COVER BY SANA TAKEDA
    CONCEPT VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • CAPTAIN AMERICA guest-stars!
    • Miles and Cap try to get to the bottom of the mystery of the missing kids, but it’s not quite that simple.
    • A new villain has our heroes’ number, and you won’t believe how they get out of this jam!
    The cover, especially Cap, looks like it's out of a cartoon .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The cover, especially Cap, looks like it's out of a cartoon .
    Most likely they're emulating the art style of Miles' movie as close as possible. Personally, I really like how the style's turning out. A real eye-catcher for the comic racks.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post

i had alot of hype for Saladin Ahmed as being the next big thing in comic book writing with Black Bolt, but Exiles has been super lackluster, i hope he isn't a one hit wonder type writer
    I don't he will be, true Exiles is nowhere near as good as Black Bolt, but I still find it enjoyable here and there. And, Saladin has done other stuff for Marvel like the latest Amazing Spider-Man Annual that really helps show him as a name to look out for in the comics industry. There's also his creator owned series Abbott that has gotten nothing but rave reviews.

I'm curious about this new villain, three covers in and we haven't seen them at all. (unless you count that not Venom from issue two) And the solicit for issue three implies that defeating this foe is more complex than just a fight.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post

For a lot of these guys-you want to see their better work-it's outside of Marvel. Where they have the freedom to do whatever and not worry about someone's property or entitlement fans.

Try his Abbott book. I did enjoy his Amazing Spider man story too.

I wold say Miles is in good hands. Although Brian Hill made a case for the gig with his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Most likely they're emulating the art style of Miles' movie as close as possible. Personally, I really like how the style's turning out. A real eye-catcher for the comic racks.
    Maybe, but Cap looks straight out of Earth's Mightiest Heroes .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe, but Cap looks straight out of Earth's Mightiest Heroes .
    Very true on that, but remember that it's only the cover and the real meat of the art is on the inside, by Javier Garron.

I'm also crossing my fingers that the variant for the issue is actually by Sana Takeda since I absolutely love her art. Normally I wouldn't even call it into question but then I remember one of the variants for issue #1 was solicited as being done by Elizabeth Torque (another of my favorites.) but got switched out later for Lee Garbett.

I'm not complaining because he is killing it on art duty for the Image comic, "Skyward" and was the main artist for, "Loki: Agent of Asgard" wich was a personal favorite of mine.

BANNED

For those curious about Miles using the powers of Captain Universe on that variant cover, this week's Spidergeddon has the answers to that.

The cover artist for Miles' new solo next month, Marco D'Alfonso, did an in-depth interview back in April about his thought process and methods he uses to make his cover art. It's an interesting look inside the mind of a cover artist check it out if you want to.

Miles has a few good leadership moments in Spidergeddon issue #4. I'm curious if thats a part of his character that might get developed elsewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Miles has a few good moments in Spidergeddon issue #4.
    ...Until he very nearly calls Ock the Superior Spider-Man.

(well, we know he is by his designation, but would Miles really say he was without a hint of sarcasm?)

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Miles has a few good leadership moments in Spidergeddon issue #4. I'm curious if thats a part of his character that might get developed elsewhere.
    I hope so, I always enjoy seeing Miles demonstrate his leadership skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...Until he very nearly calls Ock the Superior Spider-Man.

(well, we know he is by his designation, but would Miles really say he was without a hint of sarcasm?)
    I imagine that as Miles humoring Otto to avoid further conflict and bolster teamwork from him. Part of being a good leader is knowing how to get your teammates to work together.

Also gotta say it was pretty cool that Miles is the one that managed to contact the Enigma Force.