Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Attachment 70516
    I do like the vein coler effect. Guessing that's our first tease at Venom blast or shock strike. (This version is blue) apparently)
    And with those bunk beds I'm assuming Ganke, Judge or somebody else is gonna find out his identity eventually.
    Looks cool enough but I'm thinking the (potentially) blue color of the venom blast won't quite mesh well with his black and red costume. But you'r right, the glowing vein color effect is awesome. Kind of makes we wonder what he would look like under the mask when he does a mega venom blast. Which I am now 80% sure is what we saw Miles do in that scene in the first trailer where the Kingpin and his minions were blown away by a neon blue blast.

Attachment 70516
    I do like the vein coler effect. Guessing that's our first tease at Venom blast or shock strike. (This version is blue) apparently)
    And with those bunk beds I'm assuming Ganke, Judge or somebody else is gonna find out his identity eventually.
    Blue electricity reminds me of Electro .

Attachment 70516
    The vein effects are very cool and it's nice to know Miles will have at least one of his supporting cast that isn't his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Looks cool enough but I'm thinking the (potentially) blue color of the venom blast won't quite mesh well with his black and red costume. But you'r right, the glowing vein color effect is awesome. Kind of makes we wonder what he would look like under the mask when he does a mega venom blast. Which I am now 80% sure is what we saw Miles do in that scene in the first trailer where the Kingpin and his minions were blown away by a neon blue blast.
    I agree the blue just doesn't mesh as well as the gold, it's not bad but just not ideal. It makes me wonder why they chose to go with blue.

Been playing the PS4 Spider-Man game.

Miles shows up a lot later than I expected.

(Miles' introduction spoilers.)

spoilers:
    Killing Jefferson and making that Miles' "Uncle Ben/Ultimate Peter" moment is an interesting idea and a good parallel to Peter. But Miles really had no chance to save his father so the idea is neutered by its execution.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 09-07-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Into the Spider-Verse calendar
    https://twitter.com/dailymilesm/stat...405232130?s=19
    https://twitter.com/dailymilesm/stat...968581632?s=19
    See more of Noir, Spider-Ham, and Peni/SP//dr

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks. Looks like a calendar I'd love to have next year.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

spoilers:
    Killing Jefferson and making that Miles' "Uncle Ben/Ultimate Peter" moment is an interesting idea and a good parallel to Peter. But Miles really had no chance to save his father so the idea is neutered by its execution.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Y'know, I was happy to finally get an adaption that actually had both of Miles' parents in it (especially before the movie comes out), and then they just go ahead and kill his dad off.

Right after making Jefferson Davis out to be basically a supercop beforehand. I guess they thought of him as redundant enough with Yuri as Spidey's police buddy.

Also, he's the first major named character to get killed off, right? So, uh...Black Dude Dies First?
    end of spoilers
    This reminds me of the promo art for the cartoon. I hope it's more movie-accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Y'know, I was happy to finally get an adaption that actually had both of Miles' parents in it (especially before the movie comes out), and then they just go ahead and kill his dad off.

Right after making Jefferson Davis out to be basically a supercop beforehand. I guess they thought of him as redundant enough with Yuri as Spidey's police buddy.

Also, he's the first major named character to get killed off, right? So, uh...Black Dude Dies First?
    end of spoilers

This reminds me of the promo art for the cartoon. I hope it's more movie-accurate...
    spoilers:
    I wasn't really a fan of that decision either, it kinda feels like they killed him for obligatory hero angst which isn't a very good reason to kill a character. Sometimes it feels like writers don't think heroics done out of the goodness of ones own heart or even just being inspired by someone is a good enough reason to be a hero these days. It's always got to be some tragic event and honestly it feels a little overdone now.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dragonick; 09-08-2018 at 11:49 PM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I think part of it is two is writers don't feel confident in the idea of the hero having

spoilers:
    more than one male "mentor" figure, if they already have a dad.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It's kind of interesting that adaptions seem to keep upping Miles' intelligence and tech levels.

I mean, the current cartoon does it for most characters, but in the game we have Miles hacking high-grade tech, in a robotics club, and knows how to fix and take apart stuff. Almost like they're making him more like Peter.

Although amusingly the movie is seemingly going in the opposite direction and making him more artsy.

It's kind of interesting that adaptions seem to keep upping Miles' intelligence and tech levels.

I mean, the current cartoon does it for most characters, but in the game we have Miles hacking high-grade tech, in a robotics club, and knows how to fix and take apart stuff. Almost like they're making him more like Peter.

Although amusingly the movie is seemingly going in the opposite direction and making him more artsy.
    I like him being more artsy then a science wiz, to many teens and even kids are now being shown as geniuses. (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    I like him being more artsy then a science wiz, to many teens and even kids are now being shown as geniuses. (IMO)
    I think it's mostly done to get young people into the STEM fields. Like that time when he was on one of those STEM inspired covers that Marvel was doing. So I can't really be bothered about it, but I also appreciate what the movie is doing because the art field isn't as respected because it's not "marketable". Though it's not the best reference the whole science thing isn't totally unfounded, remember that Ms. Marvel issue he was in with the science fair? That whole thing was just flat out super science and thinking about it, also in a Ms. Marvel book, there was the time he hacked into that government building's servers. So again, not the best sources but not totally unfounded. Not to mention he hasn't really been in a situation in which he'd need to do anything particularly cerebral most of the enemies he's faced have just wanted money or destruction, at least as far as I remember.

Yeah, Miles has always been shown to have some smarts, but he's just outclassed in comparison to some of his friends. He's a decent engineer (proven by webshooter maintenance - though he's no match for Riri or Nadia), but he's no good at chemistry (he has to keep the web formula written down instead of memorizing it and Ganke was the one actually making the webbing).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I have to be honest here, I'm not really here for Miles school having a shooting, it's bad enough people who look like Miles have to deal with the consequences every time this horrible act happens, city schools which predominately has black and brown kids are the ones getting metal detectors or forcing their students to buy clear backpacks, maybe it's my ignorance but I haven't heard, seen, or read any of the schools that had a shooting take place implement new rules like that.

Also maybe it's my lack of knowledge but I haven't heard of a dormitory or a dormitory like school that housed middle schoolers and/or high schoolers having a school shooting. The only dorm like setting that has had a school shooting that I know of has been colleges. So I'm thinking wouldn't Kamala and Sam's schools be more likely to have this scenario or...

And yeah the premise seems to be "you never think it'll happen to you" but when I learned that it was Miles who was gonna be connected to the school shooting, the first two thoughts that popped in my head simultaneously was "why Miles" and "of course it would be Miles"
    For Black & Brown kids-it's EXPECTED their schools would be shooting ranges.

Because it's expected a thug will shoot up a school over gang stuff. However it's stopped at times because most kids TRUST adults enough to tell someone-even the cops that they are told to hate.
    The white schools-the kid is some outcast not a thug in making with crimes galore. So it's hard to get those polices in place when the shooter in question does not fit the set agenda.

Most of the white schools I deal with have NO ISSUE WHATSOEVER in getting rid of problem kids. They will expel a kid for a year with no issue over how much that money the kid brings in from the state.
    Black and Brown schools tend to look at revenue over the kid's behavior. So the chances of that shooting would be ASSUMED higher with those schools. However reality is showing us something different.

Miles gets picked because it's expected. Heck Static was not immune to it either. Before his first series ended-he was in the middle of a gun shooting story. Which later became an episode of Static Shock without the most of the cast from that issue. We also saw it in Batman Seduction of the Gun.

Interesting enough all three featured a racially mixed school.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Artsy does also distinguish him from other Marvel heroes, and can have serve as a story engine/ source for material for the Miles Morales adventures.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets