Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Ahmed apparently admits to having not talked to Bendis at all...I thought Bendis said he had talked things over with his successors?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ahmed apparently admits to having not talked to Bendis at all...I thought Bendis said he had talked things over with his successors?
    I thought that was just for Jessica Jones. Bendis handpicked Thomspon to take over that book after she wrote Jessica in her short lived Hawkeye run.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Ahmed was not who I was expecting. A more classic Spider-Man book seems a little out of the norm for him, but I'm interested to see what his take on Miles and the mythos will be.

I guess that annual was him dipping his feet into the Spider-Books, more or less.

Not the biggest fan of Garron but hopefully he delivers good work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I thought that was just for Jessica Jones. Bendis handpicked Thomspon to take over that book after she wrote Jessica in her short lived Hawkeye run.
    No, in Bendis' farewell letter at the end of Spider-Man#240 he did mention speaking with Miles' new creative team. Well this is a bit confusing.

Niffleheim

I'm loving this bit of news for Miles, december cant arrive soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ahmed was not who I was expecting. A more classic Spider-Man book seems a little out of the norm for him, but I'm interested to see what his take on Miles and the mythos will be.

I guess that annual was him dipping his feet into the Spider-Books, more or less.

My sentiments exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    No, in Bendis' farewell letter at the end of Spider-Man#240 he did mention speaking with Miles' new creative team. Well this is a bit confusing.
    maybe Marvel put the kibosh on his choice

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    I've been mentioning this multiple times, but don't be surprised if that "International Spy" stuff Bendis was building up to just don't happen. Hasn't been referenced at all in Slott's Iron Man, Cable got killed off over in the X-Books, the Annual last month started to "retweak" Miles' origin to better fit him into the 616. And now we have Ahmed mentioning how he wants Miles to be the quintessential "Teen hero."
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I've been mentioning this multiple times, but don't be surprised if that "International Spy" stuff Bendis was building up to just don't happen. Hasn't been referenced at all in Slott's Iron Man, Cable got killed off over in the X-Books, the Annual last month started to "retweak" Miles' origin to better fit him into the 616. And now we have Ahmed mentioning how he wants Miles to be the quintessential "Teen hero."
    Maybe it won't have any promince in solos, but i could see the concept being its own series. Felt like S.H.I.E.L.D. became too public a figure in the universe. Perhaps its successor needs to be more covert.

BANNED

It's likely that if there was a team picked at the time, that whatever their plans for Miles were ended up being deemed a direction that Marvel didn't want to go in.

It might have been continuing from the S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff that Bendis laid down. And if Marvel changed their mind about pursuing that, it would explain why a new creative team stepped in.

This is great news Ahmed has been putting out some very interesting stuff recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

You are right, after stuff like Black Bolt and Exiles a classic Spider-Man book seems weird for him.

Mighty Member

Finally, this is great news Ahmed was not on my list, but I love is work and I am glad that Miles is in his hands.

They may have initially picked a new creative time for Miles but, I am guessing with Fresh Start coinciding with Bendis' departure things may not have worked out as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Makes me curious how long Marvel had a confirmed team for the relaunch, just waiting for the movie come out to release it...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Which is usually defined by Spider-Man, although some would argue that Ms. Marvel has kind of redefined what it means to be a "teen hero" in today's market.

He could've meant Bryan Hill, who did that annual, or Jim Zub, writer of Champions.

I wonder what Bendis thinks of this news, and about Champions #24?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It's likely that if there was a team picked at the time, that whatever their plans for Miles were ended up being deemed a direction that Marvel didn't want to go in.

It might have been continuing from the S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff that Bendis laid down. And if Marvel changed their mind about pursuing that, it would explain why a new creative team stepped in.
    Maybe they thought two books with Miles and Riri together was overkill? And Bendis already goofed with the continuity actually. Miles's parents know he's Spider-Man and a Champion. Yet in Iron Man #600, they didn't know how he knew Riri. Riri joined the Champions before Spider-Man #239 (which is set after Champions #21, the artist made a mistake by drawing Cyclops instead of Nadia) so Jefferson and Rio should've already known they knew each other.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-13-2018 at 04:58 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

In one of the interviews Ahmed mentioned bullies and no thank you, I don't want Miles or his friends to be bullied let's stop trying to make him similar to Peter ...now if they constantly get into arguments/fights with a group of bullies b/c they see them terrorizing kids then ok but actually bullied ...no thank you.

But we shall see what he means, I do like that he'll be bringing in Judge and Bombshell and not ignoring them, maybe he'll make Miles and Lana a thing and give Miles girlfriend from Spider-men 2 to Judge lol, or give Miles a new girlfriend who's well developed and make Judge and Lana a thing lol. All I ask is that Ganke keeps his girlfriend b/c he deserves love too.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I'm with you on the bullying thing, plus I'd assume a school like the one Miles goes to if someone were caught bullying someone they'd be expelled pretty quickly. And that's actually not a bad idea about what to do with Barbra, he said Judge and Miles were in poetry class together maybe Judge and Barbra bond over that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Actually, speaking of bullying, I kind of always had this headcanon that Miles would be the victim of rumors. He got accepted into Brooklyn Vision Academy via Lottery and can be flaky in classes due to his double life. I could easily see some of his classmates or even faculty viewing him as a "charity case" who doesn't deserve to go to the school with them.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.