Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Frankly, I think Gwen and Miles are so forced, they have zero chemistry.
    Well the idea for a crossover about the two of them was kind of thrust upon their respected writers by Nick Lowe. But once you think about it they do kind of share a kindred spirit at least when it comes to their relationships with their dad's knowing about their super-hero life. And I could see something more growing between the two if other writers take the time to develop the relationship with better pacing than a 6 issue crossover.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 08-07-2018 at 01:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Well the idea for a crossover about the two of them was kind of thrust upon their respected writers by Nick Lowe. But once you think about it they do kind of share a kindred spirit at least when it comes to their relationships with their dad's knowing about their super-hero life. And I could see something more growing between the two if other writers take the time to develop the relationship with better pacing than a 6 issue crossover.
    I still wouldn't care.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Miles' legacy number counted both the Ultimate Peter and Miles issues. So it goes:
    Ultimate Spider-Man #1-133
    Ultimate Six #1-7
    Ultimatum: Spider-Man Requiem #1-2
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1-15
    Ultimate Spider-Man #150-160
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man (Miles) #1-28
    Cataclysm: Ultimate Spider-Man #1-3
    Ultimate Spider-Man #200
    Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man #1-12
    Spider-Man #1-21
    Spider-Man (Legacy) #234-240
    Ah. That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    huh. Never knew this was a thing.

All of the Marvel Legacy books got those infographics. Even when there was only one previous run (for example Not Brand Echh and Darkhawk).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

From an artist Derrick Chew, also known as DCWJ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Grimm911; 08-08-2018 at 07:32 PM.

This Spider-verse outfit for Miles might just wind up in the Marvel Future Fight game given its seemingly never ending rise in popularity.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 08-08-2018 at 04:15 AM.

Thoughts on the Annual?

spoilers:
    I thought that the lead story showed *incredible* promise. In just a few short pages, Hill skillfully balanced Miles' established family backstory while introducing new characters of Brent and Olivia and making them fairly likable right away. Loved the way the story focused on *MILES* and the values that drive him to be his own hero instead of "the other Spider-Man." Great visuals as well, loved the homebrew costume and the panel layout for the fight sequence echoed the design of his eventual mask. Really skillfully done. Backup story was great ridiculous fun that could easily be an animated short - I wasn't really familiar with Lerner's work, but I loved Alburquerque's art from Charles Soule's "Letter 44" (Oni Press).
    end of spoilers

For what it's worth, it's really fantastic to see such diversity in the creative team bringing this important character to life. All of them have my vote if Marvel wants to give them another shot.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Thoughts on the Annual?

spoilers:
    I thought that the lead story showed *incredible* promise. In just a few short pages, Hill skillfully balanced Miles' established family backstory while introducing new characters of Brent and Olivia and making them fairly likable right away. Loved the way the story focused on *MILES* and the values that drive him to be his own hero instead of "the other Spider-Man." Great visuals as well, loved the homebrew costume and the panel layout for the fight sequence echoed the design of his eventual mask. Really skillfully done. Backup story was great ridiculous fun that could easily be an animated short - I wasn't really familiar with Lerner's work, but I loved Alburquerque's art from Charles Soule's "Letter 44" (Oni Press).
    end of spoilers

For what it's worth, it's really fantastic to see such diversity in the creative team bringing this important character to life. All of them have my vote if Marvel wants to give them another shot.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

spoilers:
    The annual is the new origin correct? Id enjoyed the proto suit looks like something a spider character would wear. But besides that not much for me to go on
    end of spoilers
    Hopefully the new creative team gets announced after spidergeddon

Quote Originally Posted by Project37 View Post
    Thoughts on the Annual?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

No doubt, this annual showed exactly why Hill and Blake are rising superstars in the industry. I would welcome them with applause if there announced as the new creative team. I remember not really feeling Blake's art in Luke Cage because the scenery just seemed to have an over abundance of empty space. Not the case here in the slightest. Blake has proven to me that his style is versatile and can be adapted to fit the narrative, world, and most of all the characters. He'd be a much welcomed addition to the family of artists who illustrates the adventures of our boy Miles'.

I already been loving Hill's work with Detective Comics, Wildstorm: Michael Cray, his independent work, etc. ("Aphrodite V" is one issue in and already I'm loving it.) It's almost like this man can dip his pen into any kind of genre, and create a gripping narrative worthy of the modern comic greats. If he can add that kind of narrative adaptability to Miles then there is no ceiling to where his adventures might go. The perfect versatile writer & artist combination needed to prove that Marvel is making sure to put Miles in the right hands Post-Bendis.

Now just announce the new creative team already! ....please?

spoilers:
    I really enjoyed the annual. Hill had a good voice for Miles and I really liked Blake's art on this. I definitely wouldn't mind if they took over when Miles' book comes back.

Also it's pretty funny thinking about all the events Miles has part of since this confirmed that he got transferred to 616 around Secret Invasion.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So if Miles really is getting retconned into having always been in the 616 continuity, then timeline wise, this backstory should hypothetically line up to when Secret Invasion was taking place.

It was a pretty good one-shot story. Actually kind of the stuff I was wishing the original series would have dwelved on instead of the comic getting so Event tie-in focused.

spoilers:
    The theme of the story feels actually really meta in a way, the whole idea where even if you feel you don't "deserve" the gift you were given, you can still work towards earning it by your merits. Since that is always the fallback criticism detractors use towards Miles, I think that is a great theme moving forward with the character.

I like Brent for what little we got to know him. Him now, potentially, fulfilling the role of the "Uncle Ben" in Miles' life was a nice touch. Miles has always been a bit on the indecisive side when it came to his heroics so it was a nice touch that even when he did work up the resolve, there was still some consequence for him not immediately leaping to action.

The backup was okay. Just some silly fun.
    end of spoilers

I'm definitely on board for it Bryan Hill takes over the book full-time when it returns.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So if Miles really is getting retconned into having always been in the 616 continuity, then timeline wise, this backstory should hypothetically line up to when Secret Invasion was taking place.

It was a pretty good one-shot story. Actually kind of the stuff I was wishing the original series would have dwelved on instead of the comic getting so Event tie-in focused.

spoilers:
    The theme of the story feels actually really meta in a way, the whole idea where even if you feel you don't "deserve" the gift you were given, you can still work towards earning it by your merits. Since that is always the fallback criticism detractors use towards Miles, I think that is a great theme moving forward with the character.

I like Brent for what little we got to know him. Him now, potentially, fulfilling the role of the "Uncle Ben" in Miles' life was a nice touch. Miles has always been a bit on the indecisive side when it came to his heroics so it was a nice touch that even when he did work up the resolve, there was still some consequence for him not immediately leaping to action.

The backup was okay. Just some silly fun.
    end of spoilers

I'm definitely on board for it Bryan Hill takes over the book full-time when it returns.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Side note to those who don't know but next issue of, Champions is Miles centered. Here's the actual cover for it that they revealed along with a very foreboding title for the story. Also, props to the colorist Carlos Lopez, on the magnificent work he did for the annual.

038_022[1].jpg
    Last edited by Grimm911; 08-08-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Apparently this issue took place back in the 1610 before Peter's death. Hill confirmed it here interesting though that it doesn't look like 1610 Thor.