Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Btw this movie had quite the promo yesterday, Post Malone was on Fallon yesterday and a sneak peek of his song that's a part of the spider-verse soundtrack was aired.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

This is a great week to be a Miles fan. Not only did we get the trailer yesterday, we have the spider panel where we'll be getting some interesting news, and according to Chris Miller we'll be getting even more new stuff at the panel Saturday.
    https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/statu...09351093899265

Also his Shadow-Spider costume looked amazing in today's issue of Champions. Where it also appears that the knives he uses are poisoned with some sort of hallucinogen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This is a great week to be a Miles fan. Not only did we get the trailer yesterday, we have the spider panel where we'll be getting some interesting news, and according to Chris Miller we'll be getting even more new stuff at the panel Saturday.
    https://twitter.com/chrizmillr/statu...09351093899265

Also his Shadow-Spider costume looked amazing in today's issue of Champions. Where it also appears that the knives he uses are poisoned with some sort of hallucinogen.
    Ahhh poisoned blades.... a true staple of any rogue class. Good on Zub for including that. Still curious on what Miles’ Shadow-Spider outfit looks like from behind without the cloak. You think it still has a large spider emblem on his back there?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Ahhh poisoned blades.... a true staple of any rogue class. Good on Zub for including that. Still curious on what Miles’ Shadow-Spider outfit looks like from behind without the cloak. You think it still has a large spider emblem on his back there?
    It's either on his back or the symbol on his mask acts as a replacement.

Here's an interview Garron gave at NYCC
    https://www.marvel.com/watch/digital...inkId=57751752

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's an interview Garron gave at NYCC
    https://www.marvel.com/watch/digital...inkId=57751752
    Nice! That was a fun interview. He's clearly passionate about the character and it sounds like there's a huge emphasis on Miles' family and supporting cast.

Newsarama just posted a preview for Spider-Geddon and Miles, Gwen and Otto are headlining:
    https://www.newsarama.com/42182-mile...eview.html#s19

Quote Originally Posted by Aceun View Post
    Nice! That was a fun interview. He's clearly passionate about the character and it sounds like there's a huge emphasis on Miles' family and supporting cast.

Newsarama just posted a preview for Spider-Geddon and Miles, Gwen and Otto are headlining:
    https://www.newsarama.com/42182-mile...eview.html#s19
    The more I see of this the more I believe that 616 Peter is going to take more of a back seat role in the story in favor of spotlighting the other web warriors, with an emphasis on Miles, Gwen, and Otto. And I am completely ok with that.

The more I see of this the more I believe that 616 Peter is going to take more of a back seat role in the story in favor of spotlighting the other web warriors, with an emphasis on Miles, Gwen, and Otto. And I am completely ok with that.
    It's a Spider-Verse story. I would've been more surprised if Peter really did that much to be honest .

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

In movie news there's a preview of Into the Spider-Verse at the end of Venom.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a Spider-Verse story. I would've been more surprised if Peter really did that much to be honest .
    Eh, the previous spider verse story had very little involvement with Miles, so it's good that they're addressing that with this story. That was one of my biggest criticisms with the previous spider-verse story.

Here Saladin Ahmed’s interview about Miles’ new solo series at NYCC.

https://www.marvel.com/watch/digital...comic-con-2018

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Also interesting reading the summary of the panel, the first arc is actually going to be a teamup between Miles and Rhyno.

And apparently Miles and SpOck are the two leads of Spider-Geddon. I guess 616!Pete will be joining in belatedly.

Here Saladin Ahmed’s interview about Miles’ new solo series at NYCC.

https://www.marvel.com/watch/digital...comic-con-2018
    Interesting thing when talking about Miles' powers; Saladin said he's going to scale back on that venom webbing stuff but he actually wants to play up Miles' camouflage power more. He wants to distinguish Miles as more of a stealth fighter compared to Pete.

First Arc is going to have a brand new villain, and he does consider it a priority to create new villains for Miles. Saladin also mentioned that the surprise guest hero in the first arc will be another "famous hero from Brooklyn." That sounds like Cap.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-05-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Also interesting reading the summary of the panel, the first arc is actually going to be a teamup between Miles and Rhyno.
    A team-up makes more sense considering where Rhino was left last at the end of Slott's run.
    And apparently Miles and SpOck are the two leads of Spider-Geddon. I guess 616!Pete will be joining in belatedly.
    I actually wonder what SpOck would think of Miles. He really didn't like Miguel when they "teamed-up."
    Interesting thing when talking about Miles' powers; Saladin said he's going to scale back on that venom webbing stuff but he actually wants to play up Miles' camouflage power more. He wants to distinguish Miles as more of a stealth fighter compared to Pete.
    I think that's probably smart. Miles' powerset has always seemed to be there to compensate for lacking the experience or pure strength of mainline Spider-Man, so it makes sense that in emphasizing it he wouldn't be as direct a fighter.

Makes me wonder if Insomniac will go in a similar direction.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Oh yeah, we also got the other reason why it took so long for Miles' book to get announced. You know, other than the movie, his book is also supposed to set for after Spider-Geddon concludes.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Oh yeah, we also got the other reason why it took so long for Miles' book to get announced. You know, other than the movie, his book is also supposed to set for after Spider-Geddon concludes.
    Makes me wonder how big of an effect the event will have on him going into the solo.