Page 24 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Is Spider-Men worth reading? I never read either of them
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The first one yes, the second not so much.

Read some articles that they showed 35 minutes of the SpiderVerse movie ...I wish I was there.

I also reads Lord & Miller joked that if the movie is successful they'll be roped into doing 8 films (or something like that)

But I legitimely believe this move could kickstart an animated universe full of spider-people while also pushing animation to the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Interesting thing when talking about Miles' powers; Saladin said he's going to scale back on that venom webbing stuff but he actually wants to play up Miles' camouflage power more. He wants to distinguish Miles as more of a stealth fighter compared to Pete.
    Yes! This will go hand in hand with what Bendis was starting to plant. Give me my spy/secret agent stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    This is truly the “Year of The Spider” for us fans. And I’m growing more confidant by the day that our boy Miles will soon cement himself as a Marvel heavy hitter. Especially when he comes into the MCU.
    We'll all either be old or dead by then.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Read some articles that they showed 35 minutes of the SpiderVerse movie ...I wish I was there.

I also reads Lord & Miller joked that if the movie is successful they'll be roped into doing 8 films (or something like that)

But I legitimely believe this move could kickstart an animated universe full of spider-people while also pushing animation to the forefront.

Yes! This will go hand in hand with what Bendis was starting to plant. Give me my spy/secret agent stories.

We'll all either be old or dead by then.
    I honestly believe that's what Sony should do, no one has an animated movie universe and that's something very unique that could be their hook.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I have to imagine too, if they're planning on folding Miles' history into the 616 like they've been implying, then it was probably Angelo Fortunato who was the one who attacked his mom.
    I thought the only reason Miles had a beef with Venom was because he remembered the Ultimate Universe rather then something similar having happened in the current timeline?

Man, Miles' continuity almost feels like a DC heroes .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I honestly believe that's what Sony should do, no one has an animated movie universe and that's something very unique that could be their hook.
    I thought Sony should be banking on an animated movie universe considering the state of the movies, although Venom seems like it might actually end up doing well...

Miles is front and center on the cover of January's Champions #1 (LGY#28, if they don't count the 1970s series).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

The first one yes, the second not so much.
    Yeah Spider-Men II wasn't very great, but it had some nice Peter and Miles moments IMO. Though I kind of feel the whole idea of man traveling to alternate universe to see his dead wife would be an interesting emotional Marvel mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Yeah Spider-Men II wasn't very great, but it had some nice Peter and Miles moments IMO. Though I kind of feel the whole idea of man traveling to alternate universe to see his dead wife would be an interesting emotional Marvel mini series.
    Yeah, it had some really great moments between Miles and Peter. And thinking about I don't think anything could have ;ived up to everyone's expectations of who 616 Miles would be.

Also Lana will be in issue one of the Champions relaunch.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1048799796155146240

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, it had some really great moments between Miles and Peter. And thinking about I don't think anything could have ;ived up to everyone's expectations of who 616 Miles would be.

Also Lana will be in issue one of the Champions relaunch.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1048799796155146240
    Woot! Lana as a Champion would be a lot of fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is Spider-Men worth reading? I never read either of them
    not the second one. It wasnt even about Miles and Peter and the ending made no sense

Astonishing Member

So I've been thinking, all over the place we've been seeing how spider gwen role has been closely tied to each other in numerous main stream media properties. From the spider man cartoons, to the upcoming spider man movie, and his first interaction with Spider geddon is Spider Gwen.

So do you think we will see more interaction between the two heroes within their solo series themselves? We have seen Ms. Marvel appeared a few times in Spider's Man book.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    So I've been thinking, all over the place we've been seeing how spider gwen role has been closely tied to each other in numerous main stream media properties. From the spider man cartoons, to the upcoming spider man movie, and his first interaction with Spider geddon is Spider Gwen.

So do you think we will see more interaction between the two heroes within their solo series themselves? We have seen Ms. Marvel appeared a few times in Spider's Man book.
    Gwen and Miles don't really interact in the cartoon much.

But in answer to your question, it probably depends on how Ahmed feels about the relationship. From the sounds of it Gwen in her solo will be more focused on her relationships on her Earth and Ahmed will probably be developing Miles 616 supporting cast more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gwen and Miles don't really interact in the cartoon much.

But in answer to your question, it probably depends on how Ahmed feels about the relationship. From the sounds of it Gwen in her solo will be more focused on her relationships on her Earth and Ahmed will probably be developing Miles 616 supporting cast more.

You think Saladin will try to further the relationship between Miles and Barbara? If he can help save and add some depth to it that's fine, but as of right now it feels kind of tacked on and hollow. Doesn't help that Barbara feels shoe horned in thanks to introducing her in the five issue run of Spider-Men II. Too short a run to properly develop any kind of real spark between her and Miles.

And then there's the whole Lana is in love with him thing.

And then there's the while Ms. Marvel thing that happened in her anniversary issue that Jim Zub wants to bring up in future issues of Champions.

Then there's the villain, Tomoe The TECHNOGOLEM who actually knows his real first name and what he looks like.

All I'm saying is there are a lot of options Saladin can choose from. For all we now he might want to start fresh and introduce another new potential love interest into Miles supporting cast.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 10-09-2018 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    You think Saladin will try to further the relationship between Miles and Barbara? If he can help save and add some depth to it that's fine, but as of right now it feels kind of tacked on and hollow. Doesn't help that Barbara feels shoe horned in thanks to introducing her in the five issue run of Spider-Men II. Too short a run to properly develop any kind of real spark between her and Miles.

And then there's the whole Lana is in love with him thing.

And then there's the while Ms. Marvel thing that happened in her anniversary issue that Jim Zub wants to bring up in future issues of Champions.

Then there's the villain, Tomoe The TECHNOGOLEM who actually knows his real first name and what he looks like.

All I'm saying is there are a lot of options Saladin can choose from. For all we now he might want to start fresh and introduce another new potential love interest into Miles supporting cast.
    Not to mention the last time we saw Barbara she was walking away from Miles and Ganke's room after hearing Miles say he sneaking off to go see Lana.

Not to mention the last time we saw Barbara she was walking away from Miles and Ganke's room after hearing Miles say he sneaking off to go see Lana.
    Technically the last time we saw her was in Champions #24, where she is with Miles and Ganke grieving over Fabio getting shot, and then at the end where they both are comforting Miles with the Champions. Which begs the question, does she know now?