Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I like the extra detail of spoilers:
    Miles writing in his notebook when he notices Shocker. Must be for that creative writing class he'll be taking.
    end of spoilers

Over in Spider-Geddon:

spoilers:
    The Web Warriors recruit Miles because they need to dismantle Otto's cloning machine, which he used old inheritor tech to enhance. Interestingly enough, Miles seems to be the only one who suggests the try to talk things out with Otto first since he seems to legitimately want to be a hero now. Instead a fight breaks out anyway and the Inheritors manage to reform from the machine and kill both Spider-Noir and Spider-UK. Issues ends with Miles, Otto, Gwen, and Hobbie left to fend off the inheritors.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I feel like Miles would be willing to talk to Otto since he wouldn't have a personal frame of reference for how bad Doc Ock used to be (or is), outside what he's heard in the news or had people tell him.
    end of spoilers

Spider-Geddon was pretty good, It's pretty cool to see Miles taking lead in something like this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Spider-Geddon was pretty good, It's pretty cool to see Miles taking lead in something like this.
    Completely agree, it's my favorite thing about the issue besides the art. I do feel they make him a little more extroverted than normal, but that's a common issue with writers who have difficulty with writing introverted people.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Completely agree, it's my favorite thing about the issue besides the art. I do feel they make him a little more extroverted than normal, but that's a common issue with writers who have difficulty with writing introverted people.
    And it's a common issue for Miles in most adaptions.

Which makes it all the more unsurprising given Gage is writing this and he wrote Miles in the PS4 game (where he was also fairly extroverted aside from a certain moment in the game).

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And it's a common issue for Miles in most adaptions.

Which makes it all the more unsurprising given Gage is writing this and he wrote Miles in the PS4 game (where he was also fairly extroverted aside from a certain moment in the game).
    I actually do wonder how Miles will be written in future once Into the Spider-Verse comes out. The first 35 impressions from folks mention he likes graffiti art, hip-hop, jordans, and speaks some Spanish with his mom. I can see Marvel synergy not adding things like that. Lol

Well, that's up to Saladin Ahmed and Jim Zub. Champions will have an impact on the solo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I also have to wonder what kind of effect Spider-Geddon will have. I imagine it will have some major significance since the solo won;t even start until it's over. Maybe the reason he's keeping a journal has something to do with what happens in Spider-Geddon, this is Miles' first time having such a major role in an event, it's the only reason I can imagine for him to make such an obviously bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I actually do wonder how Miles will be written in future once Into the Spider-Verse comes out. The first 35 impressions from folks mention he likes graffiti art, hip-hop, jordans, and speaks some Spanish with his mom. I can see Marvel synergy not adding things like that. Lol
    I'm still waiting for when Jefferson will join the police force .

Although from what we've seen so far it looks like the movie might be the most faithful to Miles' personality in the comics compared to other adaptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I also heard, and I'm not sure if this is true or not, that Shameik Moore let it slip that, Miles is going to take boxing lessons sometime during the movie. Maybe Noir is giving him some hard hitting lessons on how to fight in his dimension?

It would be cool if Saladin will delve more into Miles' personal hobbies and interests outside of school and being a super-hero.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Although from what we've seen so far it looks like the movie might be the most faithful to Miles' personality in the comics compared to other adaptions.
    That I do see eventually happening lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    It would be cool if Saladin will delve more into Miles' personal hobbies and interests outside of school and being a super-hero.
    I would love that .

Astonishing Member

Agreed, I felt like the movie definitely captured the Miles core personality the best, but I blame that on television writing (Bendis started from television I think.) Comic book writers /(and occasionally artist) have a finite box where they seem to work decently in. But you give them a task outside of that box and suddenly you get a do not computer fashion.

I noticed the same when it comes to costume design. Most comic book costume designs are pretty standardize, than Sejic comes in with costumes that are incredible and you're like "how?" but than you realize his background his concept art so of course he'll come up some of the best costume designs.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Agreed, I felt like the movie definitely captured the Miles core personality the best, but I blame that on television writing (Bendis started from television I think.) Comic book writers /(and occasionally artist) have a finite box where they seem to work decently in. But you give them a task outside of that box and suddenly you get a do not computer fashion.
    I think it has more to do with Miles finally being in something where he's the lead character instead of being reduced to a supporting one.

Here's some Venom suit Miles fan art froma an artist named Marcus Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's some Venom suit Miles fan art froma an artist named Marcus Williams

Seems to be a lot fanart of Miles with the Symbiotes.