Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    About issue 17-18, I think.
    Both, actually. I got that hospital trip confused with the one where he gets some weird infection in Latveria at the very end.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Is that set at the same time as the just finished Shocker arc in Ms Marvel? She deposited him (through a dimensional warp) right next to Miles, who was stuck to a wall with a book just like in that panel!
    Saladin and GWW are best buds, so I wouldnt be surprised if they pulled that off akin to the Gen X/Iceman 'Sushi' setup.

So is Uncle Aaron still trying to be a criminal kingpin?
    Is the Goldbug name taken at this point? It would seem to fit, with him having one of the Stark-Scarlet Spider outfits, and his get-rich outlook.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So is Uncle Aaron still trying to be a criminal kingpin?
    Is the Goldbug name taken at this point? It would seem to fit, with him having one of the Stark-Scarlet Spider outfits, and his get-rich outlook.
    Last we saw him it looked like he was gonna try and go straight.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Well I guess we got the context on how/why Miles will be guest starring in Spectacular now lol. Over in Spider-Geddon #2:

spoilers:
    Miles and Otto have a massive disagreement over who should be recruited to fight the Inheritors. Otto doesn't want 616 Pete or Jessica Drew because he's convinced that they will just want to spare the Inheritors again while Miles makes it clear that he trusts Peter's judgement over Otto's. We last see Miles heading off to help out Peter in his fight with Morlun.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Oh great, your first major event in the 616 and it only takes two issues for you to realize you're not good enough and you need
    Peter Parker to save the day, what a way to deflate the series for me. Just eww...
    end of spoilers

I mean, why wouldn't Miles want to go get Peter's help in this scenario?

The movie has been submitted for Oscar consideration.
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-into-...ampaign=CBR-TW
    Could you all imagine if it actually won an Oscar?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Could you all imagine if it actually won an Oscar?
    It'd be nice, but knowing how Academy voters are, they're just going to default to Incredibles 2 since most of them don't even watch the animated films so they just go with whatever Disney or Pixar released that year.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, why wouldn't Miles want to go get Peter's help in this scenario?
    It's not that he wants to get Peter help, it's the line given providing the idea that Peter's the defacto hero that can save the day, in combination with the fact that Peter has never been in the reverse role where it's like "We need Miles help for this." For me personally, it was very off putting, but not surprising.

Not sure if any one posted this but here is a tweet with some new footage
    https://twitter.com/speedforce_prod/...070743552?s=21

That was great, I wonder when they'll start showing commercials in the U.S. because sometimes they have different footage. As a matter of fact, I found another video it's mostly stuff we've already seen but you do get to hear Aunt May.
    https://twitter.com/LonnieM73146468/...89771234131969

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    It's not that he wants to get Peter help, it's the line given providing the idea that Peter's the defacto hero that can save the day, in combination with the fact that Peter has never been in the reverse role where it's like "We need Miles help for this." For me personally, it was very off putting, but not surprising.
    You're so on point with this observation and it's sad that writers are so afraid to rock status quo that they probably wouldn't even consider using the idea of making Miles the key Spider figure for just one damn story arc! White characters still get to be alpha heroes with all the focus. Then people still whine over the prospect of using black writers on some of these books.

Does anyone think we'll ever see Tomoe again? I liked her style and think she'd make a good rogue for Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Does anyone think we'll ever see Tomoe again? I liked her style and think she'd make a good rogue for Miles.
    I dunno.

She was really a Bendis thing since he used her in his books, so I'm not sure how many people will want to touch up on her again, but I guess she's there to use if someone wants to give Miles a non-Peter villain.

I guess she would count as a shared Iron Man/Ironheart/Spider-Man villain.