Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Yeah it was, plus I always enjoy seeing Miles getting to take the leadership role.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Honestly, I think Peter's largely absent because RYV Peter is virtually the same character and he's already a part of this event, it's one less bit of confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah it was, plus I always enjoy seeing Miles getting to take the leadership role.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    All the more reason I think he'll act as Ms. Marvel's second in command when, Champions relaunches in January. I remember saying that our Brooklyn boy showed some decent leadership potential during the Secret Empire event. Glad to know their are creators within Marvel who think the same. Otto is right though, Miles still has to learn to plan things out better ahead of time.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

From Ahmed's Twitter

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...12471941906432
    Not sure how I feel about that.
    I approve. I've always imagined that, given the circumstances of how Miles managed to enroll in the school, that there would be someone on staff who has it out for him, especially since given his double-life, he comes off as a flaky slacker.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I approve. I've always imagined that, given the circumstances of how Miles managed to enroll in the school, that there would be someone on staff who has it out for him, especially since given his double-life, he comes off as a flaky slacker.
    I can't stop thinking about the, "Ferris Bueller with super powers" hijinks Miles could get into with this new school nemesis. I also remember Saladin mentioning something about dealing with bullies in an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I can't stop thinking about the, "Ferris Bueller with super powers" hijinks Miles could get into with this new school nemesis. I also remember Saladin mentioning something about dealing with bullies in an interview.
    Given the type of school Miles is attending I have to imagine it'll probably be closer to MCU!Flash Thompson-esque style rather than stereotypical jocks.

Maybe that's what they're doing there, movie synergy? Can't do it in Peter's comics as he's not a teenager. Though of course any comics version of movie Flash would need to be renamed.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe that's what they're doing there, movie synergy? Can't do it in Peter's comics as he's not a teenager. Though of course any comics version of movie Flash would need to be renamed.
    I remember in issue #1 of Spider-Man there was a girl named Julia, Miles accidently stood up on a date because of super-hero stuff, and how Ganke felt the need to remind Miles that she was not a nice person to begin with. Would be mighty interesting if she or some other girl, Miles accidently scorned turned out to be a bully for him in the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    I remember in issue #1 of Spider-Man there was a girl named Julia, Miles accidently stood up on a date because of super-hero stuff, and how Ganke felt the need to remind Miles that she was not a nice person to begin with. Would be mighty interesting if she or some other girl, Miles accidently scorned turned out to be a bully for him in the new series.
    And this may be opening a can of worms, but there could also be a character who's something of a foil to Danika aka the "I'm offensive to everyone" type.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    And this may be opening a can of worms, but there could also be a character who's something of a foil to Danika aka the "I'm offensive to everyone" type.
    I can so see a Youtube flame war between Spidey's #1 fan vlogger Danika Hart vs. Spidey's #1 troll vlogger.

International extended sneak peek, not much but still pretty cool.

Here's the variant cover for issue one of the new series by Lee Garbett

Here's the variant cover for issue one of the new series by Lee Garbett
    Looks amazing, definitely gonna find a way to get it, but I must ask... Garbett was solicited for a variant cover for Champions #1 in 2019. Is that what I'm seeing here?
    Last edited by Grimm911; 11-09-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Nope, Garbett himself posted it on his Twitter and identified as the cover for Miles' solo.
    https://twitter.com/LeeGarbett/statu...72125815799808

Nope, Garbett himself posted it on his Twitter and identified as the cover for Miles' solo.
    https://twitter.com/LeeGarbett/statu...72125815799808
    Good to know, thanks for the heads up!