Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Here's one of my go-to movie sites, Collider, with the information. I usually rely on these guys for accuracy especially for animated and super-hero movies. So until told otherwise from the mouths of Sony I'm going to believe the sequel will continue the story of our Brooklyn boy.

‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ Sequel and Spinoff in the Works at Sony Animation
    Last edited by Grimm911; 11-27-2018 at 02:43 PM.

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I would hope he is considering with the all female team up movie they're making that would be the place for Gwen. And Peter, Miles, and Gwen are the most popular spider people. It would also be hard to get people to connect with a new protagonist directly after the audience connected with the first one.
    Agreed, also it's not like Miles and Gwen have tons of spider man movies under their belt. With the response to black panther, it's common sense there's a market out there waiting for content to come out. Now Sony can be smart, realized a large portion of the movie interest is based on Miles Morales, and commit to a Miles Morales movie, or they can be stupid, decide it's a one and done, move on to a different character, and allot Marvel to gobble up the Miles interest when he makes his debut in the MCU.

The biggest advantage Sony had with this is being the first to bring Miles Morales to the big screen, they can't jeopardize that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Here's one of my go-to movie sites, Collider, with the information. I usually rely on these guys for accuracy especially for animated and super-hero movies. So until told otherwise from the mouths of Sony I'm going to believe the sequel will continue the story of our Brooklyn boy.

‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse’ Sequel and Spinoff in the Works at Sony Animation
    Yeah I just edited my post but I saw Deadline also state that it will focus on Miles, and to me Deadline, THR and Variety are like top Hollywood news sources.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Agreed, also it's not like Miles and Gwen have tons of spider man movies under their belt. With the response to black panther, it's common sense there's a market out there waiting for content to come out. Now Sony can be smart, realized a large portion of the movie interest is based on Miles Morales, and commit to a Miles Morales movie, or they can be stupid, decide it's a one and done, move on to a different character, and allot Marvel to gobble up the Miles interest when he makes his debut in the MCU.

The biggest advantage Sony had with this is being the first to bring Miles Morales to the big screen, they can't jeopardize that now.
    Probably one of the benefits of these Sony movies is getting to spotlight and feature the Spider characters and heroes who probably won't appear or get the same degree of focus in the MCU.

Do you think Netflix or Disney will partner with Sony to try to make a Miles Morales centered cartoon series base of his movie like most animation studios do with their movies eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Do you think Netflix or Disney will partner with Sony to try to make a Miles Morales centered cartoon series base of his movie like most animation studios do with their movies eventually?
    Maybe a Netflix show however I never like those cause they normally dont get the original voice actors to come back

Marvel/Disney have the television animation rights for Spider-Man, so I don't see them making a Spider-Man cartoon for Netflix unless streaming services are a little murkier ground.

They would probably do one for the Disney streaming service, but I'm not sure if they would partner with Sony for it.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

In video game news. Miles’ Into the Spider-verse look is being added to Future Fight
    http://www.mobirum.com/article/detai...196&id=1306900
    No Nike logo tho

Now I know why Deadline also used the word exclusive even though THR broke news... and it's b/c they gave a little bit more info about the sequel and spin-off than THR did ...I'm slow today.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    In video game news. Miles’ Into the Spider-verse look is being added to Future Fight
    http://www.mobirum.com/article/detai...196&id=1306900
    No Nike logo tho
    Cool!
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...71080632639488
    Some sneak peeks at Miles Morales: Spider-Man #1, out in TWO WEEKS!

This looks really good, I'm assuming the kid with them is probably Barbra's brother.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Saladin said it was her cousin.

So yeah, Miles and Barbara are still a couple going forward so maybe people will stop pestering Saladin and Jim Zub on who Miles will be hooking up with. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm glad they haven't forgotten about his relationship with Barbara. Also loving Miles' look.

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    Also loving Miles' look.
    Same right here, his new hairstyle is a welcomed fresh update. Also, Javier Garron really wasn't kidding when he said Sara Pichelli was one of his favorite artist and that he was going to draw inspiration from her when it came to the cast's fashion sense. Seriously, Miles is radiating so much swagger in that one panel it's almost as if he belongs in an Old Spice commercial.